It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Am Cancelling My Documentary on Hillary Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I've got to make this short because I need to get back to work... I DO have a day-job

I'm sure a lot of you knew a documentary about Hillary Clinton was in the works. Well, I just read that it's no longer in production.

It was seemingly going to be another black-eye for the corrupt types running our nation into the ground. Charles Ferguson, a director/producer/writer, had done other works such as No End In Sight, Inside Job, & Predator Nation.

He actually had plenty of support from CNN but that's about where the support ended. He couldn't get anyone to interview. No journalists, no Democrats, no Republicans, no one from Hillary's camp (obviously) and he was contacted by plenty of people/organizations stating they didn't want the film to be made as it would reflect badly upon, well, everyone. He approached well over 100 people and only 2 offered an interview with Charles, and he expected they would eventually back out. Not to mention both Dems and Repubs were ready to boycott CNN if the film were to be created.

I often hear on ATS that the Clinton's are untouchables in the political realm. This solidifies that claim.

So if anyone has a few minutes to read the article where Ferguson explains why he is canceling the making of this documentary, please do. It is interesting.

In late 2012, CNN Films approached me about directing a documentary. We discussed a number of potential subjects, and eventually settled on Hillary Rodham Clinton. The film would be ambitious, controversial, and highly visible. But I felt that it was important, that I was qualified to do it, and that I could be fair. CNN gave me complete control ("final cut") over the theatrical version, and a generous budget.

And then the fun began. The day after the contract was signed, I received a message from Nick Merrill, Hillary Clinton's press secretary. He already knew about the film, and clearly had a source within CNN. He interrogated me; at first I answered, but eventually I stopped. When I requested an off-the-record, private conversation with Mrs. Clinton, Merrill replied that she was busy writing her book, and not speaking to the media.

A bit from the article regarding his private conversation with Bill Clinton:

For example, Mr. Clinton sorrowfully lamented his inability to stop the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which banned all regulation of private (OTC) derivatives trading, and thereby greatly worsened the crisis. Mr. Clinton said that he and Larry Summers had argued with Alan Greenspan, but couldn't budge him, and then Congress passed the law by a veto-proof supermajority, tying his hands. Well, actually, the reason that the law passed by that overwhelming margin was because of the Clinton Administration's strong advocacy, including Congressional testimony by Larry Summers and harsh public and private attacks on advocates of regulation by Summers and Robert Rubin.

Wow, I thought, this guy is a really good actor. And I also saw one reason why Hillary Clinton might not be thrilled about my movie. I discovered others. In Arkansas, she joined the boards of Walmart and Tyson Foods. One of the largest donors to the Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea Clinton Foundation is the government of Saudi Arabia. The Clintons' personal net worth now probably exceeds $200 million, and while earned legally, both the money's sources and the Clintons' public statements indicate a strong aversion to rocking boats or making powerful enemies.

Last section of article:

This, of course, was the real consequence, and probably the real intent, of the announcements by the RNC, Philippe Reines, and David Brock. Neither political party wanted the film made. After painful reflection, I decided that I couldn't make a film of which I would be proud. And so I'm cancelling. (Not because of any pressure from CNN -- quite the contrary.) It's a victory for the Clintons, and for the money machines that both political parties have now become. But I don't think that it's a victory for the media, or for the American people. I still believe that Mrs. Clinton has many virtues including great intelligence, fortitude, and a deep commitment to bettering the lives of women and children worldwide. But this is not her finest hour.

Why I am canceling my documentary on Hillary Clinton

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In the end, Hillary Clinton is nothing more than a lying, self centered narcissist who cares only about money, power and her relationships with big business. She cares nothing about law, the people of the United States or even her fellow government servants. This is evidenced by her legislation track record, benghazi and her general disposition. I wouldn't watch a documentary about her if you paid me too and if she thinks she has a chance in hell at POTUS in 2016, that will be the day!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Roger that!

You can pretty much put any politician's name in place of Hillary's in your first sentence, and it would still ring true.

It's just too bad. If a politician wants to be corrupt and dirty, fine, but there should be avenues an investigative journalist or anyone else, has to shine light on these cockroaches. We should be able to identify them clearly and deal with them properly.

There are several obstacles here, and one of them, which is the most obvious, is that they protect each other. It's hard to get through the wall of cockroaches apparently!!

When I say "Identify them clearly" -- I'm referring to the public IDing them. We here on ATS know good and well most everyone in D.C. is a cockroach because we immerse ourselves in the information. But, in reality, the public is holding us back.
edit on 30-9-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Barack Obama has left scandal and broken lives in his wake.

The Clintons left whispers and rumors of scandal with broken bodies in theirs.

There is NO problem these days finding people to talk against Obama or even Baby-Bush (See many talking about Cheney as openly? See above on Clintons)

There are very real causes for things like this, I believe ...and while some play 'tough guy' from the White House with a thousand people to back their play in total and 100% safety? The Clinton's started their journey a very long time ago ...just a matter of a couple hours from where I'm sitting ...and Bill wasn't one to screw much with as Governor, either. His wife? Well.... Bill was the lover vs. her fighter all along.

Too bad we don't get to hear more ...but not everyone is willing to have a traffic accident with a tree on a warm dark L.A. morning, eh?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I believe she politely requested that they reconsider the production due to potentially embarrassing content.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that she's going to run in 2016. That may be the biggest reason. They don't want the bottom falling out of her campaign before it even begins.

Her behavior regarding Benghazi was atrocious and proved she is unfit (major league liar) to hold any office. The Dems don't need any more negative publicity.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I am pretty sure the reason no one is willing to speak about Hillary might be this? Kind of strange that BOTH political parties are fearful of a film being made about her, don't ya think?

Clinton Corpse Collection

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So who do the democrats have without Hillary?

No one that can see.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Perhaps but then again, who do republicans have? I'd vote Rand Paul or Ted Cruz but we both know neither will be elected and Jessie Ventura and Howard Stern notwithstanding, I don't know that it really matters anymore who gets elected because the frontline agendas will steam along regardless.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hey, if Michael Hastings can get attacked with a drone missile for finding out something that TPTB didn't want out, and potential rivals or enemies of the Bush Crime Family can have odd plane engine trouble like Wellstone and JFK, Jr., well, maybe you wouldn't want to go on record as saying anything nasty about Hillary either.

I can't remember anymore; when's the last time we DIDN'T have a psychopath, sociopath or Alzheimer's patient in the Oval Office?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Helious
In the end, Hillary Clinton is nothing more than a lying, self centered narcissist who cares only about money, power and her relationships with big business. She cares nothing about law, the people of the United States or even her fellow government servants.

So Hillary is a politician?

Who'd have thunk it?
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmMon, 30 Sep 2013 13:58:54 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They have Obama's third term....when Michelle runs.

Second

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Battleline

They have Obama's third term....when Michelle runs.

Second

I don't think she likes Washington enough to stay there.
edit on 033030p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

She may not have a choice.....but lets hope not.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

signalfire
Hey, if Michael Hastings can get attacked with a drone missile for finding out something that TPTB didn't want out, and potential rivals or enemies of the Bush Crime Family can have odd plane engine trouble like Wellstone and JFK, Jr., well, maybe you wouldn't want to go on record as saying anything nasty about Hillary either.

I can't remember anymore; when's the last time we DIDN'T have a psychopath, sociopath or Alzheimer's patient in the Oval Office?

Well, Carter always seemed like a fairly benign puppet to me. TBH I don't know a ton about his administration, though.

But I believe 1963 may have been the answer you were looking for.

What I've never quite been able to figure is how he got in, in the first place. I can't say for certain, but I've had a sneaking suspicion the puppetry pre-dates John... but I'm also pretty certain his reign ended because of waves he was making, and/or not going along with the right programs...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

He couldn't get anyone to interview. No journalists, no Democrats, no Republicans, no one from Hillary's camp

And they say no one participates in conspiracies...

2nd

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
So who do the democrats have without Hillary?

No one that can see.

Huh?

He blamed rejections on the desire of many potential contributors to work for, or gain access to, a potential Clinton administration. "Part of what's going on right now is that many, many, many people want to be in her campaign, they want a job in her administration, they want access to the White House, they want some specific thing that they care about and most of the people, probably over 90%, are going to be disappointed."

The Director's own comments make it pretty clear that Hillary is the chosen one, and that's the reason nobody will work with him...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Good thing the guy isn't dead messing around with that notorious sinister duo of Hillary and Bill Clinton, the prince and princess of darkness personified.

new topics

top topics

join