It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police In China Rescue 92 Kidnapped Children In Huge Human Trafficking Ring Bust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

BEIJING, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Chinese police have rescued 92 children and two women kidnapped by a gang for sale and arrested 301 suspects, state media said on Saturday, in one of the biggest busts of its kind in years.

Police simultaneously swooped on locations in 11 provinces recently after a six-month investigation, China Central Television and state news agency Xinhua said, quoting the Ministry of Public Security.

Police In China Rescue 92 Kidnapped Children In Huge Human Trafficking Ring Bust

exact times the children were rescued and arrests were made aren't exactly clear..

State media also did not give an exact number of boys and girls that were kidnapped but the government stated would impose harsher punishment on people who buy kidnapped children as well as the parents that sell them.

The woman in slavery are sold to men in rural locations who could not find brides due to the imbalance the region has because of the one-child policy.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Human trafficking is one of the most abominable and heinous crimes that one can commit. I can't even describe how it makes me feel physically to think about it. Having said that...

The Chinese government has no room to talk. They are guilty of crimes against their own people that nearly equal the ring of scum they arrested. I would venture to say, the only reason this arrest was made, is because the Chinese government doesn't like competition.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

That's great news. Congratulations to those who carried out the successful raids. If anything tears at my heart, the depraved act of human trafficking has to be right up there. Let's hope everyone is returned home safely and that the parents are able to feed them and clothe them, rather than look to traffickers again for some relief, if in fact they gave up their children voluntarily.

I would like to read something at this point about a real reflection on their one child policy and the imbalanced numbers between boy and girl births. I've heard a couple of radio shows about it and it was rather interesting.

Thanks for the info, OP The numbers are staggering and speak of a developed business rather than some random act. From your same article:

China has trumpeted the success of an intensified crackdown on the kidnapping and sale of children and women recently. In 2011, police said they had rescued more than 13,000 abducted children and 23,000 women over the past two years or so.
That's the same as the entire population of the town I live in.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

No mercy should be given to those Human Traffickers. Whatever punishment they get is pale in comparison to what they do to their victims.

Thank goodness those kids and women were rescued.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank You Nixon!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ive nothing to add other than 92 terrible futures of torment and abuse were averted.

I am happy for this, drop in the ocean or not may it be, thats still 92 VERY relived children!

Now i hope they will take what they know about catching these inhuman scum and catch more and more AND MORE.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Klassified
I would venture to say, the only reason this arrest was made, is because the Chinese government doesn't like competition.

I'd say thats a fair assessment.That what happens when you step on the govts toes. Lucky they weren't "death by firing squad".

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Thank You Nixon!!

This is sarcasm btw.

This is what free trade with militaristic comunism welcomes...
edit on 30-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: This is what

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I always think of George Carlin's routine that stated that words have been softened to mask what they really are.

Why don't they just call trafficking slavery? That's what it is.

top topics

join