People in The UK Call For David Cameron Out and an Early General Election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

David Cameron is, as stated in the petition, an unelected Prime Minister. He does not have a mandate from the people to do anything. And, moreover, what he IS doing is in direct opposition to most of his election promises. In particular his and his party's shocking, brutal attacks on the poor and the disabled, while continuing to grant tax breaks to themselves and their rich corporate cronies, supporters, and funders. Never has political corruption and contempt for the populace been so shameless and barefaced. They need to go. NOW.

I completely agree with above feeling, surely what cameron is doing is criminal and there must be something the people can do?

There is a petition here that already has 4,632 supporters and climbing here:
www.change.org...

We have an unelected prime minister who is below the opposition in the polls and clearly attacking the poor and lower working class while at the same time hoarding the countries wealth for himself and his rich buddies and associates. There are protests up and down the country against the NHS cuts and bedroom tax etc.

I was wondering, why do they need 100,000 signers, if they get this number will that force an early election? What more does cameron have to do for the average Joe to protest against him, and does a forced early election under the circumstances seem a possibility as myself and many other brits are hoping?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Completely flawed petition, i am afraid. He is the leader of the Conservative Party, who won most votes at the last election. Admittedly not enough to win an outright majority but enough to put them in a position to form a coalition government. That makes him Prime Minister whether people like it or not.

This isn't the USA - we do not have Presidential elections!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yup, I agree with this chap. Cameron was the best of a bad lot and he will ride it out till the next general election.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Flavian

Completely flawed petition, i am afraid. He is the leader of the Conservative Party, who won most votes at the last election. Admittedly not enough to win an outright majority but enough to put them in a position to form a coalition government. That makes him Prime Minister whether people like it or not.

The fact that he is Prime minister is not disputed at all. What they do say is he is not elected by the people, which is true.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I get your point, what i was (badly, obviously!) trying to get across was that we do not elect our Prime Minister's - never have and never will. The Party Leaders are elected by the Party memberships. We vote for Parties, not leaders, in General Elections.

If we do not like our leaders, join a party as a member and then get involved in campaigning to get someone you do favour elected - politics in action!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah your right mate, I just think it's really bad for the people having this man running the country and live in hope that he'll be ousted ASAP:
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiment. I would say I think we are in dire need of shaking up our political criteria from the bottom up. I do think Cameron is the worst ever Prime Minister we have ever had who pirouettes around politics and makes us look fools abroad and of course like we all still think we have an empire. He is pure protectionism for the corporate and inherited super rich. He had a huge figure to beat though in Tony Blair - and lets face it, since he has left office and his manipulations have become obvious especially for his own advantage, he has been the sh-t to beat, but cameron has done it with bells on. He epitomises the upper class/wealthy of this nation and got in after the Queen 'suggested it' in a phone call.

Any country that has a two party only political system (lets forget the Lib Dems as they are only power brokers and do as they are told) is lost, the minute both parties are infiltrated by the upper classes, rich and dual passport holders. I include these because I do not feel the interests of the British public are protected when so many of our MP's hold these passports and clearly protect a ME country who disregards the rest of the world and we simply supply aid in various forms to it etc.

I think its time our politicians were funded by the State and not private enterprise or unions. I think no politicians should be able to stand without 15 years experience of working outside of politics and then a set short term within the political arena in some even part-time or voluntary sector. We need experience, a clear knowledge of the British people and this country's needs above all else. We fund a huge Civil and Diplomatic Services so their experience is being paid for and their input should be used by our politicians in Parliament. (I expect those two services need scrutiny also).

If we want to genuinely end corruption it has to be from the bottom up and throughout our system. Ideally a selection system should provide us with a cross section of successful enterprising business orientated people and people from the service industries, so our parliament reflect the people from this country's different walks of life. We seem to have a Front bench of millionaires only which does not reflect the people of this country or their needs and values. We certainly need better than we have today.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

lifttheveil
David Cameron is, as stated in the petition, an unelected Prime Minister...

We have an unelected prime minister

No Prime Minister in the whole of British history has ever been "elected".
For example, Tony Blair was never "elected" in all his years of office.
The reason is that no "election" for the office of Prime Minister has ever been held.
That is not how the consititution works.
We do not elect Prime Ministers- we elect the people who choose them (the M.P.'s).
That is exactly what happpened this time. We elected the M.P.'s, they accepted Cameron.

David Cameron has a majority in the House of Commons sufficient to enable him to pass financial measures.
Under the British Constsitution, that's all he needs.
There is no reason why he should lose office until something happens to take away that majority.

edit on 30-9-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Personally i would call for that particular individual to be swinging from a lamp post along with the rest of his cronies!

And he can stick that stupid bedroom tax where the Sun don't shine!
edit on 30-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
As a poster above pointed out, he was the best of a bad bunch. How Gormless ever thought he was in for the running is beyond me, so much for his i've ended boom and bust, no gordon, you just ended boom. Oh and it's not a tax, a tax is something paid on something earned.

As for millionaires on the front bench, tell me how many on the shadow bench aren't millionaires either. Sorry, but Labour being the party of the people days are long gone, they went when John Smith passed

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Cameron may be bad but the alternatives are just too horrific to consider. Things are bad enough but if Clegg or particularly Milliband got in, i'd leave the country.

I'd suggest that people check wikipedia on the political careers of Cameron, Blair, Brown and Michael Howard (tory leader before Cameron). It makes very interesting reading. The similarities in their early years are amazing.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Flavian

It seems we're in an age where everyone expects and demands a "Do-Over" whenever it doesn't go their way. It does seem from my American perspective, Cameron won. I think he's a jerk and a fool. Playing the warmonger to Obama as a sidekick for Syria ...while Obama looks upon England with utter contempt that goes back a lifetime for that man. It's a fools game played by a fool.

Still... How would it be if replacing a leader were that easy? Lets say you work and work tirelessly to finally get YOUR ideal man into office ....and the opposition rigs a vote up to get him removed because he pissed them off. I imagine the system that looks so dandy now would suddenly infuriate a good many people, eh?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

That pretty much sums it up I think!

I am amazed that this has only received four thousand odd signatures at this point to be quite honest.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hang on a minute.....

WASNT GORDON BROWN UN-elected then......?

The British public had to endure that bumbling idiot because of the democracy of the country........

The same is true now, however unpopular things are because of the mess the country is STILL in from the last lot of self centred bigoted labour government ....

Regards
PDUK

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Flavian

It seems we're in an age where everyone expects and demands a "Do-Over" whenever it doesn't go their way. It does seem from my American perspective, Cameron won. I think he's a jerk and a fool. Playing the warmonger to Obama as a sidekick for Syria ...while Obama looks upon England with utter contempt that goes back a lifetime for that man. It's a fools game played by a fool.

Still... How would it be if replacing a leader were that easy? Lets say you work and work tirelessly to finally get YOUR ideal man into office ....and the opposition rigs a vote up to get him removed because he pissed them off. I imagine the system that looks so dandy now would suddenly infuriate a good many people, eh?

Cameron didn't win, the Conservative party won, put labour back in and watch this country breath its last breath. At least the Tories and there partners are trying to put right all the crud left by labour.

IMO they are doing the best they can at the moment, and I am happy to let them try and rescue this country.

"People in the UK....." not me, so SOME people in the UK....and they are..........oh yes supporters of the opposition parties
edit on 30/9/13 by TheDemonUK because: suggested change to thread title

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Wrong! You do not vote for a prime minister you vote for a candidate in a constituency. The party with the most votes makes their leader the prime minister. With a coalition, the party with the most votes makes their leader the prime minister.

In essence the Prime Minster is a consequence of the voting pattern but clearly the potential prime minister will affect how people vote for their local MP.

Unfortunately we ended up with a tory party who are making sure that all the wealth goes to the rich. I have to take my hat off to them though on the welfare thing. A stroke of genius. Managing to convince ordinary tax payers, most of whom will depend on the welfare state at some point in their lives, that welfare claiments are scroungers. They then introduce schemes to get "welfare scroungers" back to work by paying private companies to "police" this initiative. Thus hundreds of millions of "welfare money" ends up in the hands of private companies whose influence on the unemployed is exactly the same as if they had done nothing.

Absolute genius method of siphoning welfare to private companies who no doubt avoid taxes as well !!!!!!!

I was unemployed for 13 months does that make me a scrounger?.......oh hang on I paid more in tax in the 3 months before becoming unemployed than I ever received in welfare. Facts like that always seem to be missing from the government blurb though.....I wonder why.....

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I would like to see comparisons for what we paid for things like energy in the Nationalised vs privatised sectors, or the amount of rent paid to councils vs Housing associations to see how better off we have really been under Tory leadership.

I can't help but think this country's assets have been given away to private internationals to leach from us.
edit on 30-9-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Roll on Scottish Independance and we can get rid of those idiot MPs that think north of the border doesn't exist!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
Roll on Scottish Independance and we can get rid of those idiot MPs that think north of the border doesn't exist!

At least you get that choice , whereas the English still have to endure Self-inflated Scottish MP's with megalomaniac ambitions......!!!!

(Thought I'd get nasty on this topic because Scottish independence is grossly unfair and dangerous to the unity of Britain...)

I really personally hope sense prevails in Scotland ( and England too) and Scotland votes NO to independence ..........

Both countries Lose long term if the vote is Yes...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

lifttheveil
I completely agree with above feeling, surely what cameron is doing is criminal and there must be something the people can do?

Tonty Blairs a PROVEN war criminal, if we can't arrest him, then do you think we'll have any luck with this goat?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum