It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon Wutip Heads for Vietnam’s Central Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

HANOI–Vietnam has ordered the evacuation of more than 58,000 people from central coastal areas and called boats ashore ahead of a typhoon that is forecast to make landfall late Monday.
Packed with wind speeds of up to 149 kilometers an hour, typhoon Wutip was 170 kilometers east of the central coast at 0000 GMT and was moving west-northwest at 20 kilometers an hour, according to the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.

Each year, Vietnam is hit by around a dozen tropical storms and typhoons, which often deliver heavy rains and floods. Storms and floods last year killed 258 people in Vietnam, up from 234 people in 2011.

Typhoon Wutip: Many missing as Chinese boats sink

A rescue operation is under way and reports say 14 people have been found.

Typhoon Wutip Heads for Vietnam’s Central Coast

With rains intensifying and water levels climbing people are being evacuated out of costal regions.

at least 70 people have been reported missing three fishing boats to sink in the South China Sea.

Provincial authorities in central Vietnam have ordered thousands of ships and fishermen ashore to move out of the danger zone

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 30-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Thanks for the heads up hknudzkknexnt. Here's a pic.

It's pretty close to where I live, we've been getting almost constant monsoons lately and now more to come. At least it keeps the bull frogs happy.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

where do you?

and thank you i'm still trying to figure how to put up pictures

I hope you stay safe.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

The compound where I live in Siem reap is partially flooded. We've still got another month of heavy rain then it stops for six months and everybody misses it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

I see.. We don't get much rain in texas

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

China’s president Xi Jinping called for an all-out rescue effort after the powerful Typhoon Wutip sank at least two fishing boats near the Paracel Islands on Sunday, leaving 75 fishermen missing, before moving on to lash the coast of Vietnam.

top topics

join