It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Twilight Zone moment while watching Twilight Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I dont know if this is exactly Paranormal or not, but it is sure kind of weird and Im hoping someone might be able to figure out what might have happened.

So I was just sitting in bed watching a episode of Twilight zone, "Black Leather Jackets," that I had recorded early Sunday morning. I wanted to see who a certain actor may have been so I went to the View recordings on my dvr to see what it said in the credits.

Then I noticed what is pictured below. Now normally when I record something, it will say the air date of when the channel first presented the show if it ever had. Then of course it will show when I actually recorded it as well.

Is it me, or is there something a little odd with the picture below. Look closely at what should be the original "air date." 3/8/2100? It cant be a glitch because it has my record date correct with the 9/29/2013. The show itself was actually released in 1964.

I realize that this isnt anything earth shattering, and this may not even be the right forum, but since it was the Twilight Zone.... well, any clues anyone?

I uploaded this straight from my phone so it hasnt been enhanced or changed for resize or anything.
My provider is Verizon btw.
One final note, I apologize for the title, but quite frankly I didnt really know what to title this.

eta: This episode was actually about beings from the stars that wanted to kill off the humans by poisoning the water so they could take the planet over....cue Twilight Zone music...

edit on 9/30/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/30/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Was it good? damn I don't know but I love Twilight Zone

my dad used to recored it for us on VHS...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Da da dun oh wait d o do do do....lol honestly some transcriptionist just took a nap or got lazy.. but funny

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Your DVR obtains the information about the shows you record from a program guide, based on your provider and what guide they have chosen/developed.

My guess is that there are many old programs where the "original air date" data field has not been entered. The date of 3/8/2100 is probably the default that your DVR will display based on the missing (or default) data entry in the guide database.

Alternately, 3/8/2100 is the true date or Armageddon, and your DVR has kindly alerted you to this fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Twilight zone, "Black Leather Jackets," = episode 138 of 156 total episodes.

bizarre about the date, lol

nice catch

Muzz

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I remember that episode! I love the Twilight Zone.
They have a Twilight Zone New Years Marathon. I love to watch.
I don't know which is my favorite.
But I like to see the actors in them 'way back then' ...
Like Billy Mumy and WIlliam Shatner and even Ron Howard ... all rather young.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It looks like this could be related to the implementation of Unix Time in the software displaying the Air Date.

I won't get too much into details but basically Unix Time is about computer representation of time with an integer such as 0 is the first second of Thursday, 1 January 1970, then incrementing every second. It can also handle dates before 1970 using negative values, which allows for a range between 1901-12-13 and 2038-01-19 (using 32 bit integers).

It seems that this software uses unsigned integers (always positive) instead of signed integers, which allows only for "positive" times between 1970 and 2106, instead of the 1902-2038 range. This could be some way to avoid the Year 2038 problem in case the device is still operational at that time !

Now, since the episode first aired in 1964, the phone can't display that date since it's 6 years before 1970. Instead, it displays 2100 which is 6 years before the maximum date it can handle.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Ormuz

Twilight zone, "Black Leather Jackets," =

Muzz

the poisoning of local reservoirs was a very real scenario back in the late 1950s- early 60s,,,back when the USA still had Civil Defense Drills with sirens blaring and most basements of tall buildings were shelters...

the ironic twist is that instead of foreign/cold-war terrorists poisoning the water
it's our municipality health code enforcement officials doing the poisoning

and jut like in the episodes story line--- the local Sheriff Deputy was an Agent of the invader force
just like most govt workers today are in bed with the Globalist Agenda

~i'm recalling life in Harrisburg, PA in the' 50s-'60s ~
edit on 30-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

when me and the little ones are watching the"tube" i make sure they watch something "cool", after they watch there shows i decree that Something "cool" must ensue, which is usually twilight zone or ghostbusters.
edit on 30-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That is interesting about the Unix Time. I wasnt aware of that. Learn something new everyday around here.

The thing I have noticed with my server is that it will only show a "Air Date" if that channel has shown the show before. Otherwise it wont show anything but the "record date." For example if a show originally played on one of the major networks and then another channel picked it up, it wont show when the first channel had shown it.

Im just kicking myself because I did have two episodes recorded, but I had deleted the first one after watching it, so I cant go back and compare it to see if it had done the same thing. Looking over all my other recordings though and they are are normal.

top topics

join