It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by qwerty12345

nothing is bigger than those who actually are benefiting off the demise of the American middle class!

Ruining my kids' schools, hospitals, job prospects (including pay), crowding neighborhoods, over running/crowding every decent park around, making the cost of housing TWICE what it would be otherwise.

Many working class Americans would love a cheaper place to live.. But, have you seen those neighborhoods? Getting looked at and discriminated against in your OWN country!! You as a white guy, go ahead, move into a predominantly immigrant neighborhood. YOUR CAR and HOUSE is GUARANTEED to be the MOST frequently vandalized or stolen.. That is a promise!!... this fact alone makes me wish there was bounties like Australia had.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How about enforcing current immigration laws? Is that rational enough for you?

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by qwerty12345

nothing is bigger than those who actually are benefiting off the demise of the American middle class!

Ruining my kids' schools, hospitals, job prospects (including pay), crowding neighborhoods, over running/crowding every decent park around, making the cost of housing TWICE what it would be otherwise.

Many working class Americans would love a cheaper place to live.. But, have you seen those neighborhoods? Getting looked at and discriminated against in your OWN country!! You as a white guy, go ahead, move into a predominantly immigrant neighborhood. YOUR CAR and HOUSE is GUARANTEED to be the MOST frequently vandalized or stolen.. That is a promise!!... this fact alone makes me wish there was bounties like Australia had.

Holy crap Australia had bounties? Man if they had them here I would be rich in no time!

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Alien Abduct
reply to post by Phage

How about enforcing current immigration laws? Is that rational enough for you?

-Alien

Ok. Let's rationally round up millions of people, run them through the courts, then ship 'em out.
No problem. All for it. It's not like the courts don't have plenty of time on their hands. Maybe we could just lock 'em up while waiting. Plenty of space in the prison system.

Here is what the law says.

(1) In general
An immigration judge shall conduct proceedings for deciding the inadmissibility or deportability of an alien.
www.law.cornell.edu...

edit on 10/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Had they been enforcing the law all along it wouldn't have gotten so out of control. If employers were fined for hiring illegals, things wouldn't be so out of control.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

This is a great response.

And yes Phage this is what I suggest. It needs to be done. You don't keep letting the trash pile up for too long before you eventually take it out right? I mean it's a much bigger job if you let it pile up for many weeks but the job is still doable.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Had they been enforcing the law all along it wouldn't have gotten so out of control.
I'm sure you must be right. I'm not sure why, but you must be. But ok, complain about the past. That's a good solution to the problem.

The current law was passed in 1991. In 1992 there were 59,892 cases seen in immigration courts. In 2012 there were 175,231.
trac.syr.edu...

If employers were fined for hiring illegals, things wouldn't be so out of control.
And, you know that employers aren't being fined, right? Oh, wait. Maybe they are. In 2012 for example. 495 actions taken with total fines of $12,475,575. www.lexology.com...

How many employers do you think are hiring undocumented aliens? How many ICE agents do you think there are? Do you think that the agents can just go around busting businesses all the day? How are they going to bust illegals if they do that? Don't you think they have to do some investigation and a whole lot of paperwork? But now you're back to blaming the government for the illegal activities of the businesses.

Strong enforcement of drug laws doesn't seem to have much effect on drug use. Does it? See the connection?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

495 actions taken? Is that nationwide? ...wow terrible

No I don't see the connection as the immigration laws are not strongly enforced.

The problem is they aren't addressing the problem (strongly) that's the problem and that's the bottom line.

And as sad as it is and as bad as it is it doesn't look like they are going to anytime soon.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

No I don't see the connection as the immigration laws are not strongly enforced.
So, even though strongly enforced drug laws have little if any effect on drug use, you think that strong (stronger?) enforcement of immigration laws would have an effect. Got it.

Do you think there are sufficient resources available to allow stronger enforcement?

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Phage

So, even though strongly enforced drug laws have little if any effect on drug use, you think that strong (stronger?) enforcement of immigration laws would have an effect. Got it.

Do you think there are sufficient resources available to allow stronger enforcement?

I mean you can't compare the two in that manner because one is strongly enforced and the other isn't. I don't as I'm sure you don't either want to assume things. We can't know for sure if stronger enforcement would have the desired impact unless we try.

But I would like to point out that this is people we are dealing with not drugs. It's a little easier to hide drugs than it is to hide illegal immigrants.

I do think there are sufficient resources available and at the ready. Didn't they just create an entire new branch of government that would be able to handle most of this issue? DHS

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We could come up with a working formula that accurately shows how much money we save by getting rid of a number of illegals and then allocate some of that money saved to keeping with the stronger enforcement.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You are probably digging up numbers that favors your argument that we don't have the resources lol

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I do think there are sufficient resources available and at the ready. Didn't they just create an entire new branch of government that would be able to handle most of this issue? DHS
Immigration and Customs was placed under DHS. It is not a new department.

We could come up with a working formula that accurately shows how much money we save by getting rid of a number of illegals and then allocate some of that money saved to keeping with the stronger enforcement.
I see you don't have a very firm grasp of how government budgets work. I assume you're talking about health and welfare type stuff. The thing is, if those costs actually are reduced, the money doesn't just go to some other department of choice.

You are probably digging up numbers that favors your argument that we don't have the resources lol
No. But do you have a problem with actually looking for evidence that backs up your position? Actually, it seems that you might.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't.

DHS combined 22 different federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated cabinet agency when it was established in 2002

www.dhs.gov...

Seems pretty new to me

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Yes. That's what I said.
DHS is new. Immigration and Customs isn't. It was placed under DHS.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You can come up with a dozen solutions but, if for whatever reason, those in charge don't agree with your POV on illegals beeing a problem or they just don't want to implement your solutions then nothing changes.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

daskakik

You can come up with a dozen solutions but, if for whatever reason, those in charge don't agree with your POV on illegals beeing a problem or they just don't want to implement your solutions then nothing changes.

I agree, totally.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I think you'll have a hard time finding many people in government who don't know there is a problem. Opinions on the nature and extent of the problem vary but one thing is clear, current laws are not able to cope with it.

Aside from the question of if more enforcement of current laws would reduce the problem, there is the problem of dealing with the cases which do come to court.
trac.syr.edu...

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But I meant that DHS was new. My point was that DHS has been acquiring more and more resources in massive quantities sense it's creation.

Are you arguing that we don't have the resources to remove and keep out almost all illegals?

-Alien

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My point was that DHS has been acquiring more and more resources in massive quantities sense it's creation.
Has it?
Looks to me like the total budget hasn't increased much.

Are you arguing that we don't have the resources to remove and keep out almost all illegals?
Yeah. Pretty much so.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join