It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Immigrants are SCABS!..

Have you EVER worked construction? [snip]

Immigrants and immigrants alone LOWERED the pay scale.. Stuff needs built and the Trade Unions have had the ability to ensure that the people actually BUILDING the stuff gets something for it.

Greedy corps either pay trades people a living wage or the building does NOT go up! enter SCABS..

keep out who attempt to cross the picket line?
OR lose everything? job, home, society, middle class America, etc.

the UNION PREVAILING WAGE is what has ALWAYS been THE NUMBER ONE factor in what people across the BOARD get paid. whether union or not.

America was ONLY great because people could unionize.. the corps tried bringing in SCABS.. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT STRIKES AND PICKET LINES WERE FOR?

do you actually think that it was all just shouting and holding signs?..

Picket lines were to ensure that NOONE crossed through and did the work! ----->even the COPS would NOT CROSS... FOR FEAR OF DEATH... by the angry strikers..
But this is all before the idiots took over.. and started teaching people about "sit down strikes"..pfft/

IT TOOK BLOOD to EARN the middle class existence ..READ SOME HISTORY .....FFS!!

keep the scabs out. workers win. scabs allowed to steal the jobs. workers, and AMERICA.. LOSE!!
edit on 2-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: words

edit on 2-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

edit on 2/10/13 by masqua because: Insensitive remark deleted

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

malvy

So I guess you're one of those whose happy to comply with any law, no matter how screw up it can be, even if you're from one of those nations (like america) well known to approve laws from time to time which make it legal to violate certain basic human rights. Good to know!

You'd be pretty badly mistaken to assume something like that. However, I don't fight against every law just because it is one, either. There needs to be a balance, I believe. Some laws are always going to represent the extreme....but this isn't among them.

I'm one of those who grew up in the cess pool they called Orange County in the 80's and 90's. I've been back to the old neighborhood a couple times since to see even the ghetto looks "California Chic" these days. That state's nightmares are largely due to the outright wild and out of control mandatory support of illegals who often remit their money home rather than keep it in the American economy.

That giant sucking sound from the West is California's state budget running down the crapper...as it has been for a number of years.That national remittance happens at the rate of 100's of billions of dollars, and just one solid economic reason I cannot tolerate criminal immigrants of any type. In fact, I've helped deport more than one by turning their sorry butts in. Personally.

I don't just believe it's wrong, I live the belief to deed, within the law.

Remittance rate by nation, across recent years
edit on 2-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Those who keep repeating that illegals only do the jobs that Americans won't are liars. Illegals are in construction, factories and many other areas of the workforce. When ICE would raid companies and deport illegals, every single job was quickly and easily taken up by a citizen! Do you people honestly believe that millions of illegals are all working in the fields?

The last job I had was a high paying factory job. The illegals were taken advantage of and though paid above minumum wage, were still below their legal co-workers pay rate. I saw with my own eyes how perfectly qualified citizens were turned away and an illegal was hired instead. So yes, illegals do indeed take jobs away from citizens.

It's one thing to have compassion for anyone anywhere, but when an illegal is placed above an American citizen, there is a problem. Do you people think citizens don't have families to feed? Do any of you realize how many citizens are falling through the cracks because they make like a dollar above the poverty limit? They get no help and are struggling and suffering and trying to survive. Is it right for them to be shoved aside and an illegal hired instead? Is it right that an illegal should jump to the head of the line while millions are coming through the proper channels?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And for you open border people... You do realize that with immigration laws not being enforced we have gang members, pedophiles, thieves, murderers etc. that have come through right? That's ok with you? There are damned good reasons for those laws and they should be respected!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
For those thinking that illegals are only poor desperate people...

For over 30 years I have worked with many illegals. Not once have I ever met a poor or starving illegal. It cost them money to get here, cost money for stolen identities or fraudulent papers etc. Our poor people can't afford to leave their own backyards!

Many would save and send money back to thier own country and after a while would move back. Our money here is worth so much more in their own country. They had no desire whatsoever of becoming legal. The women would work a regular job and their spouses would work elsewhere under the table. The women would lie and say that they are a one income household and end up with cheap housing, food stamps and medical.

For those who did want to stay, they say they came illegally because they didn't feel like waiting to go through the proper channels. So they broke the law just because they didn't feel like following it. Wow! We don't get to pick and choose which laws we want to follow and neither should they.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

A belligerent, vitriolic American who can barely spell or form a coherent sentence or train of thought? I'm shocked! THEY TOOK YER JOBS!

Moronic threads like these are a pox on ATS at large and need to be scrubbed or at the very least removed to the Rant section.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Night Star
And for you open border people...

You say the same thing it in every immigration thread. I think this is the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd time, you bring up the points made in these 3 posts, in this thread alone.

I'm sure everybody has heard these arguments and if it hasn't convinced them yet then repeating them over and over isn't going to make a difference.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Night Star

There's job everywhere. Pick a spot on the map. If your over 20 years old and your applying at McDonald's for reasons other than "Im gonna own one of these soon." or "I don't have transportation, this is the closest place with in 3miles walking distance,soon as I save up I'm finding another job." I would be suspicious of how motivated you really are.

There's jobs.

Oh you think you know so damn much. For some ALL they can find IS a fast food job right now and who are you to judge them because of it?!

My god I"m sick of people like you who put down those who work in fast food. It's a damn job ffs! Does it really matter their age? At least they are working. AND NO there aren't jobs everywhere and that is a FACT! I had a lot of friends where i use to live who worked for the space center and were laid off and after months and even YEARS of trying to find work both in and out of state some took jobs AT fast food places JUST to have an income! These are grown men with major engineering degrees and fast food was all they could friggin find. I know many who took jobs selling time share or working in a supermarket. Not everyone has the luxury of easily finding work.

Where I live good luck finding a job that doesn't have at least 100 other people applying for it! Seriously get off your high horse. Not everyone lives in the same situation as you do.

I agree with the OP. Where I live illegals are a pain in the butt and they are very open about being illegal and how they work the system. It's pathetic and yes i know many people who would work the jobs these illegals do but they aren't even given a chance. It's easier to pay the illegal under the table. IMO all companies that hire illegals should be shut down immediately, no second chances.

Before you go grouping everyone into the same category you might want to expand your brain a little and realize some people in this country have it pretty hard when it comes to finding work. I know the last few jobs i applied for had about 20 people applying for them when back in the day there would probably only be a few. I recently looked at a job for CUSTOMER SERVICE and it required a damn degree! A DEGREE, what a joke. I have years of customer service experience and a degree doesn't mean jack other than you went to school, went in debt and know have some skill that supposedly makes you better than the rest of us. Sorry if I were an employer I'd rather higher the person with experience over a degreed person with no experience.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

SasquatchHunter

There's job everywhere. Pick a spot on the map. If your over 20 years old and your applying at McDonald's for reasons other than "Im gonna own one of these soon." or "I don't have transportation, this is the closest place with in 3miles walking distance,soon as I save up I'm finding another job." I would be suspicious of how motivated you really are.

There's jobs.

Oh you think you know so damn much. For some ALL they can find IS a fast food job right now and who are you to judge them because of it?!

My god I"m sick of people like you who put down those who work in fast food. It's a damn job ffs! Does it really matter their age? At least they are working. AND NO there aren't jobs everywhere and that is a FACT! I had a lot of friends where i use to live who worked for the space center and were laid off and after months and even YEARS of trying to find work both in and out of state some took jobs AT fast food places JUST to have an income! These are grown men with major engineering degrees and fast food was all they could friggin find. I know many who took jobs selling time share or working in a supermarket. Not everyone has the luxury of easily finding work.

Where I live good luck finding a job that doesn't have at least 100 other people applying for it! Seriously get off your high horse. Not everyone lives in the same situation as you do.

I agree with the OP. Where I live illegals are a pain in the butt and they are very open about being illegal and how they work the system. It's pathetic and yes i know many people who would work the jobs these illegals do but they aren't even given a chance. It's easier to pay the illegal under the table. IMO all companies that hire illegals should be shut down immediately, no second chances.

Before you go grouping everyone into the same category you might want to expand your brain a little and realize some people in this country have it pretty hard when it comes to finding work. I know the last few jobs i applied for had about 20 people applying for them when back in the day there would probably only be a few. I recently looked at a job for CUSTOMER SERVICE and it required a damn degree! A DEGREE, what a joke. I have years of customer service experience and a degree doesn't mean jack other than you went to school, went in debt and know have some skill that supposedly makes you better than the rest of us. Sorry if I were an employer I'd rather higher the person with experience over a degreed person with no experience.

Why is it some can only find a fast food job? Please give me a legitimate reason. I'm not on a high horse, and clearly implied if someone takes a fast food job its understandable as a stepping stone. What I do question is someone's motivation who is content to stay in that job.

I came from nothing. Worked 40 hrs/WK when I was 16 at a fast food place while going to Highschool I walked to work everyday until I could afford a vehicle. Got a better job. I had no family or financial assistance, I supported my girlfriend and another friend who had a bad home life. After I graduated HS @ 18 I worked 2 jobs to 80-96 hrs a wk to support my household and make sure the people that depended on me graduated aswell with the best quality of life with whether work I could find, which was usually hard labor.

I'm not judging anyone or holding anyone to my standards. That doesn't mean I have to accept the reasons for struggle I hear from SOME folks as anything but excuses.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

daskakik

Night Star
And for you open border people...

You say the same thing it in every immigration thread. I think this is the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd time, you bring up the points made in these 3 posts, in this thread alone.

I'm sure everybody has heard these arguments and if it hasn't convinced them yet then repeating them over and over isn't going to make a difference.

You didn't post the entire quote and how much sense it makes. Not everyone who comes to these threads are the same people. If I can make but one more person aware of the facts, that's fine with me. It doesn't bother you when people who agree with you keep bringing up their side.

You and I have already established in a past thread that we will never see eye to eye on this particular topic. You can easily skip over my comments if they bother you and continue on to someone elses.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Night Star
You didn't post the entire quote and how much sense it makes. Not everyone who comes to these threads are the same people.

Only makes sense to those that already agree.

If I can make but one more person aware of the facts, that's fine with me.

I'm sure just about everybody already has the "facts" that they choose to believe, near and dear to their hearts.

It doesn't bother you when people who agree with you keep bringing up their side.

They don't harp on it or repeat it over and over within the same thread.

You and I have already established in a past thread that we will never see eye to eye on this particular topic. You can easily skip over my comments if they bother you and continue on to someone elses.

It really wasn't for you but for others to see that no matter how many times your arguments are refuted you keep appealing to emotion and resorting to arguments based on fear.
edit on 2-10-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

They don't harp on it or repeat it over and over within the same thread.

Sometimes I honestly think that some people just arn't listening. Sometimes I see people bringing up the same lies and I get frustrated. Sometimes I feel there are people who don't completely understand. Like we would all love to see people get help no matter who they are or where they are from, but not at the expense of someone else.

This topic has always been an emotional one for both sides and it always will.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It really wasn't for you but for others to see that no matter how many times your arguments are refuted you keep appealing to emotion and resorting to arguments based on fear.

Fear...yes. I am getting old. I have never seen where we had to speak a foreign language in order to get hired for a job before. I have never had to work for years hearing a foreign language. I know someone who lost his only son because of an illegal and that is gut wrenching. In a neighboring town we had two seperate incidents of young men being plowed over and dragged a ways beneath a vehical of an illegal who then left them to die. Yes, some of this is fear based.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Night Star
Sometimes I honestly think that some people just arn't listening. Sometimes I see people bringing up the same lies and I get frustrated. Sometimes I feel there are people who don't completely understand.

I'm sure there are people who feel the same way about you.

The truth is that one side presents one set of facts and others present a different set. Each side calls the other sides "facts" "lies" but they aren't necessarily untrue, they are only part of the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

And the obvious response is, would it have been any easier if those deaths had been caused by a legal immigrant or a citizen?

To which you always respond that if the laws were inforced they would not have happened. This of course isn't true. I have never seen any law curtail illegal activity 100%. Even if the laws were enforced there is no way to guarantee that these illegals wouldn't have broken the immigration laws.
edit on 2-10-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I did not read all the pages here so I do not know if anyone answered the OPs question. The answer is their are thousands of Amricans living and working in Mexico illegally. If you are staying or working in Mexico illegally you will be fined $50. If you lose your visa or if you have already been asked to leave and have not you could be fined $400. American Illegals in Mexico

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I remember reading in economy class in college that governments use immigration as a tool to make money, i am not saying that its true but just wondering if countries do let a certain flow of illegal and legal immigration to fill there coffers.

Also maybe they see it as a potential tax payer, or for the illegal immigrants extra purchase power.

edit on 2-10-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

last i checked there were "gangs and thieves and pedophiles and rapists" here already its pretty rude to imply that they are all here illegaly from mexico

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

tinyDAWK

last i checked there were "gangs and thieves and pedophiles and rapists" here already its pretty rude to imply that they are all here illegaly from mexico

WE REALLY need one of those emoticons that bang their head against a wall!!!!!!!!

So because we already have those criminals here and they are legal, it's ok to add illegal ones knowing you could stop some? Oh yeah great idea! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The States is a modern society based on morals and laws which enforce (socially and legally) civilized (non-barbaric) behavior so that we can live together decently. All you have to do is look around the world and in history to see how chaotic it can get when such a system is not in place. No system will ever be perfect and everyone will never agree on everything, but unless one is an anarchist (with no belief in law, democracy or their nation) then you do believe in this idea of a civilized society.

If you do then you must step back, take a deep breath and ask yourself how illegal immigration fits into this equation. If millions upon millions of criminals (with no background or media checks done) can just flood into your country and this is OK, then you are advocating anarchy, pure and simple. If this is continued to be allowed, then billions will follow until The United States resembles nothing of what you once saw in it. Either it is a society of rules and civilized behavior, or it’s not. Either it’s OK to break in, steal American children’s IDs, feed of the system off someone else’s country and pay no taxes and continue to break its laws with impunity, or it’s not. Which is it to be? One maintains relative order and sanity, the other does not.

This all comes down to corporate greed: drawing in illegals to drive down standards of the working class. The only reason we have many of the rights we do (as workers and as citizens) is because people fought long and hard so that the working class would be treated fairly. Disney and Barbie products were caught being produced by child laborers and Coca-cola was caught being involved in the actual execution (cold-blooded murder) of its employees in Columbia (just watch a Canadian documentary called “The Coca-cola Case.”) These huge companies who present themselves one way to the public operate quite differently behind the scenes. Many people are still quiet naïve about what they’re capable of.

Illegals move into The States with thousands of dollars (to purchase fake ID’s, set up residence, etc. (and are thus not poor,) and as their money is worth more in the end they can return home with a profit. Who suffers? The working class of America. The media spins it to you as ethical and right and promotes the idea that anyone who disagrees with the blatant disregard for American law and morals is himself somehow immoral (even racist!)

So, yes, be a good citizen and support mass corruption. Fight for peace by supporting war. Help your country by defending everything which is tearing it apart. Ignorance is wise.

Somewhere deep inside, everyone knows better than this.
edit on 3-10-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join