It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Alien Abduct

My point was that DHS has been acquiring more and more resources in massive quantities sense it's creation.
Has it?
Looks to me like the total budget hasn't increased much.

Are you arguing that we don't have the resources to remove and keep out almost all illegals?
Yeah. Pretty much so.

edit on 10/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Okay. I have to go for now but when I get back I will have a counter argument. Stay tuned.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Phage

Are you arguing that we don't have the resources to remove and keep out almost all illegals?
Yeah. Pretty much so.

edit on 10/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well, I certainly dont agree. Comparison with drug laws is flawed as it is much harder to hide people than drugs and there is more drugs than people and more incentive to import them. Many countries in the world do have well enforced immigration policy with low amount of illegals that are quickly deported. Dont tell me one of the most powerful country in the world would be unable to keep illegals out, lol. If the US would secure the border (similar to Schengen), put a bit more resources and political will towards law enforcement in this area and maybe toughen up the laws a little bit, illegal immigration could be reduced significantly.
edit on 6/10/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

EDIT: deportation of those that are already in would take its time due to their high numbers, but it could very well be accomplished over the span of few decades.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
breaking the family farms of America circa 1880's-1970's. The backbone of personal American prosperity from the 1500s-1800's was the family farms. Think of plantations as the modern corporate farm outfit. And the weakening of America through the destruction of the family farm.

The massive importation of illegal farm workers during the time period above is that of the corporate farms. This is primarily the reason family farming is utterly destroyed in America. Once you read this info in link, reconsider my premise. The corporate farms of today were the ones back then hiring the illegals. The family farms would NOT do this. That is how the destruction of the independence of families was carried out. Now, ALL people were in need of a "job" from someone else to live. No longer able to be self sufficient.

Like today.. DO you really think the govt is gonna allow farm/barter communities to thrive? good one..

until we as Americans are as impoverished to the point that all the third worlders have nothing else to plunder, will the ELites turn off the switch on that valve in their control center.

there was a time in America where 1,000 or so border agents successfully rounded up over A MILLION illegals. In an Operation commanded by the General Dwight D. Eisenhower. Who said there was corruption in federal govt behind it! Got together a loyal friend, Gen. Joseph "Jumpin' Joe" Swing of the 101st Airborne, as the new INS commissioner.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

You want to learn about HOW and WHEN?

Eisenhower solved immigration. by 95%.. Operation Wetback

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

courts?

Eisenhower did it! 1,000 agents cut illegals by 95% and over a million deported back in the 50's.

And many more left on their own.. Operation Wetback.. I guess Eisenhower was a racist..

I will take THAT America over this one ANYDAY. let's have a vote..

1955 America, or today.. WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE?

no contest right?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Great info Hanz!

Today you can be illegal and a practicing lawyer.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 6-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Phage

Eisenhower did it!

After the Mexican government pressured him into doing it. It was not done because american citizens had called for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

nice way to pick and choose and omit the other motivating factor. And Dwight was Pretty excited and Gung-Ho wasn't he?
Yes, Yes he was. And why was that? Well now, it is because MANY, MANY were against the illegals and the greased palms of congressmen by the large farming outfits was behind the immigration problems not being enforced.

busy tonight.. tomorrow I will provide proof further illustrating.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah right. That is why the Bracero program ran for ten years after that. There were more than 400K mexican workers under that program alone, after operation wetback, until the end of the 50's but, they were legal.

So, what exactly was that other motivating factor?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And many more left on their own.. Operation Wetback.. I guess Eisenhower was a racist..

Maybe. I don't know. It's not really relevant to the discussion.

But the conversation here is about what can be done with current law. Current law does not allow such action to be taken. Deportation proceedings must be done through the courts, can't just haul them back across the border. Nor can you pick someone up because they "look" Mexican.

It seems that the success of "wetback" may have been somewhat exaggerated.

The large number of apprehensions recorded for FY 1954, therefore, were made between 1 July 1953 and 30 June 1954. Apprehensions for FY 1955, which included the largest portion of the summer of 1954 campaign, registered only 246,096 apprehensions. Fewer apprehensions had not been made since 1948, making the law enforcement accomplishments of the summer of 1954 less than they were portrayed to be.
history.stackexchange.com...

edit on 10/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
fix mexico and this will all solve itself.

how do you fix mexico? well a start would be sending in Seal Team 19 or whoever we send after the Al-Qaeda's. hell i guess we could just drone strike them like we do elsewhere. we ravage other countries that have much much less of a direct impact to our nation than our next door neighbor...

surely the NSA knows who is legal and who isnt. they probably have the entire network mapped.

after the cartels are gone, free one way bus tickets in exchange for EBT cards.

oh wait...that would halt our govt's share of the drug/prison profits.... and stifle about 3-4 other different agendas

...nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join