It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osborne Unveils Tough New Rules For Jobless

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

happinness
Of course sam cam is a stay at home mom, so she has all the time in the world to ponce around playing with her breadmaker.

sam cam is a high up at Grainger Plc, the largest private sector landlord in the country.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Osborne is so funny, he should be a stand up comedian, this coming from, like all politicians, someone who as no clue on what to do if their money stops as money is no object to them, they're born into money, get 'donations' from corporations and can claim 'expenses'.
I've been long time unemployed ( nearly 2 years ) and I am not allowed to collect benefits after 6 months as my wife can apparently support me.
I want to work, to have a real job, not some crap picking up litter nonsense.

At least me not collecting benefits means I don't have to bend over for the scum in government.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I wonder if these tories will have the nerve to show up on children in need this year? My nails are digging in the palms of my hands already ... teeth gritted!!

hx

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

crazyewok

Scorchio

2) Place people in position were they have a good chance of getting a job when one opens. Eg If Im out picking litter up and a job opens in a hospital lab I wont be there. On the other hand if Im assiting in said lab I can grab a job! AND THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! GETTING PEOPLE INTO WORK!

edit on 1-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I think that is a very valid point that you make there. But i have to ask, have you approached any companies and offered your services, in order to maintain/improve your CV?

You may well have done but i bet the majority haven't. And this is where the system falls down. When i was last unemployed, i went on a training course organised through the job centre. There was a whole board containing about 50 work placements. When i finished the course 8 weeks later, not one of those placements had been filled.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Thankfully, i'm not George Osborn. I'm also fully aware of what these leeches in government are all about. The point i'm trying to make is that although this instruction has come from our beloved leaders, do not confuse it with an opportunity to give something back to the real people who pay for the benefits.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Thanks Teapot ... I think you have told me that before, my apologies.

HX

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Scorchio
reply to post by teapot

Thankfully, i'm not George Osborn. I'm also fully aware of what these leeches in government are all about. The point i'm trying to make is that although this instruction has come from our beloved leaders, do not confuse it with an opportunity to give something back to the real people who pay for the benefits.

If we really want to give something back to our communities we will work together to depose these fascists.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Scorchio

Don't blame me, i didn't make the rules. But i'll play by them if it improves my situation and you should too. But you probably won't, and that may be the reason why i have a job and why you don't. And it's why it won't be me who's cleaning up some-ones sick off the road. Oh, and for the record, that is me being condescending.

Umm no. The reason why I dont have a job is because the company I previously worked for closed down. Since then I have been applying for everything and anything, signed up with recruitment agencies, emailed/posted countless CV's to employers and filled out hundreds of application forms, even the staff in my local job centre agree that the minute a vacancy comes up it is inundated with applicants, it doesnt help that the 'youth to work' schemes are offering employers monetary incentives to take on school leavers, it leaves very little else for older people to apply for.

Anyhoo I am done justifying myself to someone like you, you have made it clear what you think. I think there is a sleazy tory drinking club somewhere missing a member tonight.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Scorchio

I think that is a very valid point that you make there. But i have to ask, have you approached any companies and offered your services, in order to maintain/improve your CV?

Yeah when I first came fresh out of uni. Went on a 3 month work placement in a lab. Was most likley the most valuble thing I did. All I got was my travel bill paid for and that was it. Did 8 hours 5 days a week and after I walked straight into a 60k a year job (which I lost due to redundences).

Thing is my way:
Pro
Valuble community work.
Vital career apporiate CV skills.
Challenging work
Self respect
Dignity
A chance to newtork with people in your career area
Chance for people to be in the right place in the right time for a job.
Chance for people between jobs to keep there skills freesh and in date.
Better chance to get a good paid job which will generate more taxs.

Your way:
Usefull work for the community
Very little usefull CV skills unless a high school drop out, New graduate, Holder of a libral arts degree or ex con.
Menial mind numbing work
Humiliation
less of self esteem
Time spent away from job hunting and being in the wrong place
Being forced to mix with unpleasent people or worse criminals on community service
Feeling of being punished.
Risk of skill stagnation

You see my way achives the same thing and more while being far more pleasent and less soul destroying.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The "forced work" is really a good thing!

* It looks good on a resume if you can write that you spent the last year ripping out weeds for the community.

* An unpaid full-time job 8 hr/day ripping out weeds (or picking up litter etc.) helps tremendously when you are actually looking/applying for jobs at the same time.

* It also gives you lots of new skills and expertise which is incredibly helpful later on in life. Employers will run your door in due to the newly acquired skills. So..let's say you are forced to do such a job for a year or two..this is time VERY WELL invested. Incredibly helpful for the unemployed.

SARCASM

edit on 22013RuTuesdayAmerica/Chicago22PMTuesdayTuesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

happinness
I wonder if these tories will have the nerve to show up on children in need this year? My nails are digging in the palms of my hands already ... teeth gritted!!

hx

Deep breath and then ask yourself what Labour or Lib Dems or UKIP would do differently. Go on, tell me. I'm apolitical on this issue but the only plastic solution is to create council jobs, for which there is no money. Please, enlighten us on what you think Milliband would do differently or accept the fact this is life at the moment.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

Scorchio

Anyhoo I am done justifying myself to someone like you, you have made it clear what you think. I think there is a sleazy tory drinking club somewhere missing a member tonight.

Correction: A tory drinking club is missing a sleazy member tonight.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

uncommitted

happinness

hx

Deep breath and then ask yourself what Labour or Lib Dems or UKIP would do differently. Go on, tell me. I'm apolitical on this issue but the only plastic solution is to create council jobs, for which there is no money. Please, enlighten us on what you think Milliband would do differently or accept the fact this is life at the moment.

Problem is, the no money thing is a lie. What with government paying themselves bigger salaries, companies raking in huge profits, bankers bonuses still really unnaffected and rising, bailouts to the banks, money creamed off from many avenues...It's all a con. And yes, all the top parties are the same with practically the same policies cos companie directors and shareholders hold the strings; most politicians are in fact the very same shareholders.
Time for a benevolent People's Government methinks.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

taoistguy

Scorchio
reply to post by teapot

If we really want to give something back to our communities we will work together to depose these fascists.

I've been there and tried that and the results weren't pretty. What i found to my cost was that people love to moan about all of the wrongs in the world, but getting off their arses and doing something about it is a completely different matter. In the end, i was hung out to dry by the people who promised me their support and it was me who faced the backlash from the police and CPS.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

taoistguy

uncommitted

happinness

hx

Problem is, the no money thing is a lie. What with government paying themselves bigger salaries, companies raking in huge profits, bankers bonuses still really unnaffected and rising, bailouts to the banks, money creamed off from many avenues...It's all a con. And yes, all the top parties are the same with practically the same policies cos companie directors and shareholders hold the strings; most politicians are in fact the very same shareholders.
Time for a benevolent People's Government methinks.

Unfortunately, the no money thing isn't a lie. The government keep us in constant debt through either issuing bonds ($63 triilion to be exact) or through borrowing from the BOE at an inflated rate of interest. Both Conservative and Labour serve the same masters.

As a result, there is no sense of community anywhere. People are all out for themselves, and the heads of our local councils are amongst the worst offenders. No-one actually gives a toss about the likes of you and me. We're the mugs who bankroll their extravagant lifestyles, and pay the taxes on their money and our own.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't understand how you do "full-time unpaid community work".

And have time to look for a real job.

Its bad enough that there are employers out there that will not hire the unemployed and only want people that are already working.

Then there are few people that will give up a full time job for the part time jobs of today because of Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If there are so many little jobs that the Government can give people in a work for the dole scheme then that means there are jobs to be had and the Gov should employ the dole recipients at decent wages for work done .
This is the best and simple solution to working for payments . Pay basic wage .
There is actuallya prison system like that in Darwin Australia , where the prisoners are given jobs to go to every day outside and they are paid the basic wage and then must pay for their rooms at the prison and food , just like any normal condition .
Thus its all the better for giving the prisoners trades and work ethic when they are released again they usually continue on working in new jobs found this way .
So its the same for unemployed . Pay then proberly for time worked if you have a JOB for them . No slave labor in our modern world. they are always trying to turn back the clock . Demand fair wages , not slave jobs

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I have four or five friends....all in their late fifties/early sixties and they are being hounded by the job centre..
After working all their lives, paying taxes and national insurance....
Two of them are now on workfare and one of them has had his benefits stopped for three months for missing an appointment.

The job centre is there to find us work but it seems that it is solely down to the individual to find a job.......when there is none.
It seems they are more focused on blaming the individual and sanctioning them.

How the hell did they get away with putting a THREE MONTH SANCTION on people for being late or missing appointments ?????

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

You have struck firmly at the heart of the matter with these comments. What little escape from destitution that was available to a person is rapidly dwindling.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join