It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Groups Sue to Stop Schools from Adopting Science Standards

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Can you please start forming proper sentences and paragraphs please Bo?.
Your writing style screams madness and lunacy to me.
Oh and Yes many want to destroy Christianity...I do but I want to destroy all religion because It is all wrong, made up by men who want your money.
Let me ask you this, why does God need money? because he asks for it in the 2nd book of the Bible.
But of course all your churches/priests are destroying religion from within, plus people are actually educated better nowadays and not as stupid or as gullible as before so are turning away from the past and looking within to find the answers to the big questions.

edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Can you please start forming proper sentences and paragraphs please Bo?.
Your writing style screams madness and lunacy to me.

I second that.

Please BO try to write coherently. Please.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

My formatting, writing style will likely rarely change.

I suspect you are mature enough, on your better days, to deal with it.

I much agree that a vast majority of Christian leaders are absurdly mercenary. And even many good ones seem to have lost sight of the God of the Bible who is GENEROUS beyond measure.

HE does NOT NEED per se, our money.

HE DECLARES, FREELY YOU HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE.

However, He also notes that the workman is worthy his hire.

I have come increasingly to the conclusion that George Mueller had it right. He never asked--initially outside his marriage, and then never outside his staff for money. He simply laid the needs before God and trusted God to answer. And God did . . . massively. Mueller built several large orphanages of quality materials and ran them that way for decades.

One day at one orphanage, they had sat all the children down to the table and said grace . . . the children did not know that they had no food to serve. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and a man driving a bread truck that had just broken down in front of the orphanage asked if they could use a truck load of bread, for free.

I know I'm fighting a currently losing battle trying to persuade Christian leaders to take much more George Mueller's tack re money. At some point, though, I believe God will alter the landscape and begin to only bless those who DISPLAY AND DEMONSTRATE that God is NOT a miserly, greedy, BEGGING, PLEADING old goat but rather a generous Father.

Your blindness to spiritual matters and truths will change or it won't. Out of that lack of change, all manner of consequences will flow. We all harvest what we plant.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

So you think evolution isn't true?

If so please elaborate with evidence to back up your argument.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Iam not blind to spiritual matters at all, I can SEE through religion and another mans version of the truth..pity you have not and blindly accepted other peoples ideas of the truth (a 2000 year old out dated version of it also).
I and many have woken up and actually questioned religion and used our own minds to come up with answers we seek.
God will accept me for who Iam not what make believe club I follow.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

That's such a tiresome old p*ssing contest.

And I don't enjoy the blow-back from those pretending erudition while having little or none.

The info is available.

www.dogpile.com...

is a great multiple search engine.

If and when I get around to it after higher priorities, fine. But those seriously interested in the truth--can look it up. There's plenty of info out there.

Some useful search phrases would be:

BEST INTELLIGENT DESIGN EVIDENCE

BEST INTELLIGENT DESIGN SITES

BEST INTELLIGENT DESIGN ARGUMENTS

etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

WRONG AGAIN.

I've tested what I believe against umpteen constructions on reality and umpteen fiery furnaces.

I've wandered through atheism and agnosticism.

My convictions are affirmed out of my RELATIONSHIP with God directly. He has made Himself abundantly real in my life directly . . . again just this morning.

He tends to do that WITH PEOPLE WHO PUT THEIR TRUST AUTHENTICALLY, EARNESTLY, GENUINELY IN HIM to the best of their choosing and walking that out as well as they know how.

He tends to turn a deaf ear to those who challenge and assault Him to begin with, while DEMANDING that HE, ALMIGHTY GOD, prove HIMSELF to THEM on THEIR TERMS. That's the ultimate cheek and HE tends to avoid playing that absurd game entirely.

However, it remains true . . . that those WHO EARNESTLY, GENUINELY, PERSISTENTLY SEEK HIM

SHALL

FIND HIM.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

There is absolutely zero evidence to disprove evolution.

Do you really think it is a flawed theory? Where is the evidence that refutes evolution?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If you are as educated as you purport about spiritual matters, then you ought to be aware that

The BIBLE DECLARES that . . . at some point,

"the fool has declared [in his heart] that there is no God."

and that

at some point,

those who have abandoned God, turned their backs on God . . . who are caught up in their own arrogance and rebellions . . . that they CANNOT find God nor understand spiritual issues . . . because their minds and understanding have become darkened.

That's a horrifically frightful state I would not wish on my worst enemy.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Actually, there is zero solid TRULY SCIENTIFIC evidence

to support the THEORY of evolution.

And, even on a statistical probability basis, there's FAR FAR FAR FAR too little time in the total purported existence of the multiverse for evolution to have occurred EVEN IF ONE gives ground to the absurdity that organized complexity springs spontaneously from nothing.

(post by boymonkey74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

That old argument again. It holds no weight, I do not think you truly grasp the age of the universe and the time we have had to evolve. Given we most likely live in a multiverse where the past and future is essentially infinite time, all probabilities are likely to happen.

Fossil records, direct observations from bacteria cultures, the evidence to support evolution is there.

Evolution does not disprove god. A rational person can believe in both evolution and God.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I don't write for everyone.

I write for those with ears to hear and eyes to see who have some attraction to my writing.

If you have no attraction to my writing, please feel free to scroll on by.

I have found over the 30 years that I've been writing on the net that there are plenty of very bright and average people who are quite avid readers who understand what I'm conveying rather easily and comprehensively.

Those who are determined to DEMAND that I CONFORM to THEIR constructions on written textual realities can go suck on a dictionary.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Actually, in terms of the age of the universe as postulated by the latest guesstimates, I disagree.

Yeah, some may postulate infinite time in the past. I don't believe, last I checked, the bulk of the "scientists" are of that position.

I used to believe somewhat in a limited measure of evolution . . . not as the initial origins but somewhat here and there . . .

And certainly animals can adapt amazingly well.

However, I just began to see how hollow and absurd the whole evolution paradigm is.

It take far far far FAR toooooooooooo much wholesale blind FAITH.

edit on 1/12/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

(post by Grimpachi removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join