It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issue with new ATS design on Android

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hate the new design, but no point in crying over spilt milk, the one thing I do think can be changed is the terrible port to an android device. I use Chrome and when I try to log into ats and access the pull down button for say profile it freezes up, have used ad block and tried dozens of other sites and its only ATS it happens on. Is anyone else having this issue or just me, really think the owners need to get a decent app made or have a thought for the millions of people that use smart phones to access the internet.
This is the first time I have been on it weeks and its from my laptop. I like to browse on my phone before going to sleep and the need to crack open the laptop to access ATS is not really an attractive way to make me continue to use this site anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I find it much better on my android than the previous layout. I use firefox.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Have you tried switching between the mobile and desktops versions?

I don't care for the mobile version myself, and my phone is good enough to support the desktop version without losing functionality. So that is what i use, it even loads up the new topics pages faster than the old format did.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Sounds like it's time for a different browser instead of continuing to use Google's spy browser. The best browser for Android is "Boat Browser". It's the only browser I use on all my Android devices. I have zero issues with ATS or any other site using Boat Browser.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I'd never heard of that browser, I will try it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I use safari and I can't log in on my iPhone. Totally weird.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Xquizit

I use safari and I can't log in on my iPhone. Totally weird.

I use safari on my iPhone and have no problem logging in...but find Mercury browser on my iPad works better than Safari for some reason...
edit on 29-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)
use the app for ATS on your phone instead
edit on 29-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My Android renders the site quite nicely using Firefox.
I am not a fan of the new layout on my PC but I have to say on my Galaxy Note 2 I am loving it!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

As is always the problem tho, no flash.

The only thing that does it is dolphin for me. firefox is too bloated on my cheap android.

I wish there was an app for it, so there was no problem with the dozen or so crap browsers on android. each one does something different. And none of them do anything well.

if I could afford a whizz bang android, I'd have a proper sized tablet or a fruit product.

on a low end phone, it's just imposible to use the site, and that's even with it being animprovement over the old interface..

boat, man that's one slow browser to type on.. tap.. wait. tap.. wait.. tap.. wait, wrong key, oh it's submitted.. GARGH *throws phone at wall*

new topics

top topics

join