It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death to internet Advertizers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Death to internet Advertizers

I watched Television again for the first moment in years.
The Movie was Money Ball, and I was interested in how far from the truth this story of a real person and what they did was going to be portrayed.

That was totally eclipsed by something else though.

As the movie neared the end, the commercial breaks became more frequent, and unbearably longer.

Those nasty birds have completely fowled their own nests, by #ting all over television. And now advertizers are begining to saturate the internet. Having fled the dead genera of Television, that they themselves destroyed, they are trying to bring their nastiness into our home. The world Wide Web.

I say death to all Internet Advertizers, and their minions.

My friend says "You sound like Yukio Mishima. Lead a rebellion in Japan and called for a return to the Feudal Samurai tradition. Wound up committing suicide. He was a poet."

I say "No, I'll wait till after we have taken over the whole world and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Then I'll have all the internet advertizers killed"

What do you think.
Is this too extreme?

One lady says to me "No."
I say "What do you mean no. Don't kill Advertizers?"
She says "Yes."

So the world has completely #ed everyone over, pillaged all the pensions, invented imaginary debts to heap on our heads, and despoiled the natural world, and no one says a freakin word. But I take a stand and all of a sudden the older generation knows what is has to do. It has to stop me. What a freakin joke of mixed up priorities.

I say great galloping deaths for Internet advertizers. With slow demise streamed live. And the closer they get to actually passing away, the more often we'll send in medics to patch them up, revive them, and otherwise drag it out.

I hope to make the entire world long for the kinder gentler ways of Hitler.

/end

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I prefer to record programmes so tht I can skip over all the ads. In an hour of a serial that is on TV, only 42mins is actually shown, rest are adverts....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I never see ads

It's refreshing.

The few I do see I can skip because it gives me the option to.

I was at my moms recently and noticed how much longer and more frequent commercials were. I also noticed it while watching one hour long programs on Netflix and how they were like 37-38 mins!! That means a little less than half is nothing but commercials! I can only imagine the amount of commercials in a 30min show.

People always say commercials make you buy things. I have never bought anything because of a commercial.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

scotsdavy1
I prefer to record programmes so tht I can skip over all the ads. In an hour of a serial that is on TV, only 42mins is actually shown, rest are adverts....

So you agree then,
let the nasty birds have television
as they have already ruined it completely.

But death to advertizers on the internet.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What do you think.
Is this too extreme?

Do you want the truth or is this a sarcastic rhetorical question?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Was just wondering why no one complains about ads on Youtube content, especially songs that they do not own the rights for.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

I never see ads

It's refreshing.

The few I do see I can skip because it gives me the option to.

I was at my moms recently and noticed how much longer and more frequent commercials were. I also noticed it while watching one hour long programs on Netflix and how they were like 37-38 mins!! That means a little less than half is nothing but commercials! I can only imagine the amount of commercials in a 30min show.

People always say commercials make you buy things. I have never bought anything because of a commercial.

Agreed.

But I'm even more militant than that.

I absolutely will not buy anything if it is advertised.

This is the reason I have never owned a car, and walk
or ride my bike to work. I lead a debt free life, and
people still check my ID for alcohol. I'm 47.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

greencmp

What do you think.
Is this too extreme?

Do you want the truth or is this a sarcastic rhetorical question?

Dealers choice.
I could be serious, or I could be ranting.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I watch everything online and use ad blockers to stop the commercials, works like a charm. More and more often, I hear guys at work talking about this commercial, or that one, and I can gleefully go about my day knowing that not only have I not seen said commercial, but i have also managed to avoid being branded.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

dreamingawake
Was just wondering why no one complains about ads on Youtube content, especially songs that they do not own the rights for.

I detest those ads on YouTube

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'll make Bill Hicks into a prophet.

Internet Advertizers will wish they had listened to him.

/mu ah haha ha ha ha

edit on 29-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

I watch everything online and use ad blockers to stop the commercials, works like a charm. More and more often, I hear guys at work talking about this commercial, or that one, and I can gleefully go about my day knowing that not only have I not seen said commercial, but i have also managed to avoid being branded.

This is what I heard when I read the quote above
""I use adblocker derp derp derp"

/rant mode engage

Those GORRAM advertizers should have installed adblocker in their brains
to prevent them from being marked for DEATH. They should have installed
an ad blocker in their butts. They may have difficulty sitting down but at
least they would be spared a grindingly slow death.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

scotsdavy1

dreamingawake

I detest those ads on YouTube

YES!

My first fellow recruit.

/salute future fellow world leader !

... And I can't stand clicking on a movie trailer on Youtube,
only to be delayed while they show me a goddamn movie trailer.

One day, the advert was the same goddamn trailer I had selected.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

dreamingawake

May the universe shower you with money, gold, jewels, and diamonds.

I can't stand those adds.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

ProfessorChaos

This is what I heard when I read the quote above
""I use adblocker derp derp derp"

/rant mode engage

Mike

Oh well, enjoy your commercials, I guess.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ATS adverts, anyone? Especially the video ones....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I suppose that's one solution. I was watching a movie some days ago on the TV, I rarely watch anything now a days and have not watched a full movie on the TV for years. I do not think the commercials and ads are any longer now then they have been, but people now a days are usually on netflix or just watch the premium channels which have no commercials during flicks. Or just buy the dvd or download whatever you had in mind and watch it.

After doing that for so long and getting used to it, you start to notice how annoying and kind of pointless the commercials are more so then if and when you were expecting them. As for internet advertisers, well all depends on the site and what set up they got to stay in business. Thought that stuff never worked on me, I kind of block it out mentally and its just filler. But to get back on topic, yes when I was watching that movie some days ago it was ridiculous how much commercials they had, I think it added like a quarter or half the viewing time just with the added commercials going on, at one point I was going to stop watching the movie just because of the dam constant comercialls but i wanted to at least see the end as I was more then half way through already.

Now that i think about it I should of just watched it on my computer or gotten the netflix, or even just watched the end scenes on YouTube and it would of been better.

I have this friend who cant stand commercials advertizements, or even people talking. The guy watches shows and the news and lots of things on TV or the net, or netflix with the sound off. No joke, he would watch a whole movie with the sound off just because he does not like to hear people talk or the sound of there voice, the dude cant stand meaningless drivel, or even small chit chat in every day sittuations. Even his favorite movies he would sit there for hours on end and watch them with the sound off or with the captions on. Every time it gets to a part were they talk to much he fast forwards or changes the station or just turns it off for a minute or two till the part passes.

I to some extent have the same thing, as noise that people make with there mouthflaps is kind of pointless, but not to that extent that he has it. Sometimes its freaking bizarre to sit there and watch him watching movies with the sound off, its also hilarious. But you get used to it, as every time a commercial comes up or he skips parts we just talk about other things.

But lets just say your dislike of advertisers pales in comparison to him, if he could and had the power he would literally as the red queen is oft of saying "off with there head's" and he would be the one to swing the axe himself if he could.

But then again! I also know another dude who gets a kick out of commercials and sends me vids of funny ones he runs into now and then, the guy even talks about his favorite commercials, and some of them are pretty funny, and in most conversations he would be like "so do you remember that Budweiser commercials with the frogs?" Or some other obscure and once in a while hilarious commercial from long ago. So I dont know its a mixed bag, but generally I skip advertisements and usually tend to go for things and watch things without advertisements. Once in a while I would watch them, but only the funny or interesting ones and those are far and few between. Most like 90% are just filler and pointless to me, so I skip them if I can, and if I cant I would just generally do something else.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

galadofwarthethird

But lets just say your dislike of advertisers pales in comparison to him, if he could and had the power he would literally as the red queen is oft of saying "off with there head's" and he would be the one to swing the axe himself if he could.

It's the only super majority left in America.
The universal hatred of invasive advertizers.

We should take over the world and kill them all.

The polluted television beyond repair.
and somehow they think that gives them justification
to pursue the internet. Well the can just goddamn
well # the # off.

If a person is caring for an elderly person and makes the
mistake of putting on a soothing music video, the first
thirty seconds are invariably interrupted with the most
annoying loud grindingly abusive commercial first.
One is doomed if they put on a youtube playlist.

It is too late for them to negotiate elderly sensitive
advertising on the internet. Just look at what they
did to TV with their blatant abuse of volume levels.

OFF WITH THEIR FREAKIN HEADS... but slow ... like
with a nail file. Over days.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

mikegrouchy

Mike

Oh well, enjoy your commercials, I guess.

The real irony here
is that we would watch TV if they hadn't
abused the advertising to death.

They think we migrated to the internet for
all kinds of reasons that have no reflection
on their systemic pattern of abusive adds.

That somehow the problem is with the user,
and that there are options, like ad blocker.

In other words,
#ing # off derp face.
Quit being a defender of the soul abusers.

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

FyreByrd

ATS adverts, anyone? Especially the video ones....

At no point do I have to wait for some annoying video add to finish playing
before I can read the thread I have clicked on here at ATS.

The advertizers on ATS know their place.
They stay in the margins,
and sometimes they show me bewbies.

Mike

top topics

join