It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: Death of 40 Hour Work Week Frees Americans to Pursue Happiness

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
The U.S. is a corporation and it's the job of the corporation to maximize profits, hence why they have to file a CAFR every year. They, along with every other government entity from the state and local levels. The FED. Reserve is a private corporation and this is all smoke and mirrors.

No one ever wants to talk about CAFR, but if the American people really found out what is going on there would be a revolution by tomorrow, but the media wont talk about it. We have watch dogs down here in Tallahassee, and I have personally contacted them and none of them will even respond about CAFR despite the information I have given to them.

It's all a game and we are the pawns. I personally think it all needs to implode, we need to sort the wheat and chaff, and once the dust settles we can rebuild. Of course, I know the only thing that will happen is the jack booted thugs paid for their masters will come in and start killing everyone, and the only outcome will be lots of elites left and boot licking slaves.
edit on 2-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

Excellent contribution!! Knowing the outcome (and I wholeheartedly agree) WHY are you poking the bear with your inquiries? STOP IT!! LOL

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

thoughtfuldeliquent
That said, the working day use to be longer, and I'm sure some saw the end of the 12 hour work day as the end of their freedom too!

There is no Freedom with a 12 Hour Work Day!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtfuldeliquent

Well I see you are not familiar with the Hours of Service that Over The Road truck drivers use as per law.

There is an 11 hour clock and a 14 hour clock. Both clocks begin at the same time. Simply put, you cannot drive more than 11 hours in one day. And you cannot drive after your 14th hour of work regardless if you have driven 11 hours or not.

Can you work more than 14 hours in a day? Yes. You could drive for 11 hours and then unload the truck for as many hours as it takes to unload. Let's say 8 hours for example. You can then move the truck to a safe and legal parking spot which is called moving to "safe haven" which can be as much as 30 minutes away legally. So you can drive up to 30 minutes after a 19 hour day.

Can you drive more than 11 hours in a single day without counting moving to safe haven? Yes, if you started the day at midnight, drove to 11am, took a 10 hour break (8 of which must be sleeper berth--2 can be off duty) Then at 9pm you can begin driving again. You will have driven 14 hours in a 24 hour period in a single day.

Can you stop the 14 hour clock to drive your full 11 hours? Yes. You can stop the 14 hour clock by driving for a few hours, taking 8 hours of sleeper berth and then continue to drive the balance of 11 hours in which you must take 2 hours off duty before driving again, but the 14 hour clock reset on the second leg of driving and must be obeyed until you have a full 10 hour restart.

In all cases, the 60 hour/70 hour clock must be observed. Which is that you can only drive 60 hours in a 7 day period (if you have one day off per week--few companies do that) or 70 hours in an 8 period. After that limit you must have 34 hours off in order to have a fresh 60/70 hour clock.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi is among the richest members of Congress,[121] with an estimated net worth of approximately $58 million....

Wiki.

I bet after saying that she went right to her posh aprtment she owns, along with about 10 or so others. Ploped down on her 5,000 dollar couch, and daydreamed of people hugging and thanking Obama for the time off.

She is a waste of space, and its just one more reminder of how the rich in this country, dont live on planet earth, and couldnt give two sh!ts about their fellow American.

That made me sick.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I guess I could use some more time watch my kids starve

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Make them poor, dependant and rely on us...then pull the rug out. During that time, terrorize them by allowing terror attacks on US soil and then disarm the dissidents.

They have called those with a voice terrorists. An elected official said that we have declared 'jihad'. What is wrong with this picture folks?

Link

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

You know what Ian Duncan Smith wants in the UK?

All those on Benefits to work for their Benefits.... which means that those already in those Jobs will be sacked from their Jobs because the Employers will get Employees to work for a lot less (benefits).

This is how its coming across but what he could mean is that they will work for their Benefits but also recieve the extra income on top!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Nancy Pelosi gave an interview to CNN about Obamacare. The statement came up that Obamacare is killing the 40 hour work week (because employers are dropping people to part time work to avoid paying for Obamacare) and therefore people aren't earning what they need to survive. Pelosi's IGNORANT response ... " the less hours worked will free Americans to persue their happiness ".

Seriously .. what planet is this idiot from???

The planet of the Out-of-Touch-Wealthy. Which is really earth, just certain parts, located in another dimension of idiocy.

I honestly feel like that's what it is. Someone who's been so well off, for so long, they just assume that things flow as nicely for most everyone else as it does for them. I mean, that's what she would do, if she suddenly found herself with more time, so that answer just makes sense-- even though it's somewhere between laughable and insulting to the rest of us.

I have seen a number of wealthy people who seem to enjoy living with similar blinders on. It's strange.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Is that like saying the one eyed man in the land of the blind?

Queen of the idiots in Congress?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You're absolutely correct. Too bad the government shills will make up a reason to disagree.

AlienScience
People are kind of short sighted.

The 40 hour work week is outdated and antiquated. We all know that when workers work 40 hours a week, they don't really produce 40 hours of work. This is due to burnout and low motivation due to resenting having to be at work for so long. Technology is another reason that the 40 hour work week should go out the window. We are more productive per hour now than we were in the past.

Currently, employers are being scumbags by cutting hours to try to weasel out of their responsibility. There is one very quick fix for that, and I see it coming within 2-3 years. All the federal government has to do is redefine "full time" at 30-35 hours per week. Employers can afford to drop a 40 hour worker to 37 hours to weasel out of responsibility, but dropping someone to 30-35 hours would leave a gap in their work and would lose them profit.

You may even say, that it was all part of the plan.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1
Nancy Pelosi is among the richest members of Congress,[121] with an estimated net worth of approximately $58 million....

Wiki.

I bet after saying that she went right to her posh aprtment she owns, along with about 10 or so others. Ploped down on her 5,000 dollar couch, and daydreamed of people hugging and thanking Obama for the time off.

She is a waste of space, and its just one more reminder of how the rich in this country, dont live on planet earth, and couldnt give two sh!ts about their fellow American.

That made me sick.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

Interestingly though, when she started out in Congress she was reportedly barely a millionaire and yet she has managed to amass so much more wealth, I wonder how that happened? How many have lined their pockets with insider trading, backroom deals and government contracts for family and friends? She is as dirty as they come.

While Investing Millions in Exclusive Visa Stock Offering by Wynton Hall Former Speaker of the House–and current Minority Leader–Nancy Pelosi apparently bought $1 million to $5 million of Visa stock in one of the most sought-after and profitable initial public offerings (IPO) in American history, thwarted serious credit card reform for two years, and then watched her investment skyrocket 203%. The revelation appears in Throw Them All Out, the new book by investigative journalist and Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer, which was the focus of 60 Minutes on CBS this evening, and which is featured in this week’s issue of Newsweek.
Source

Pelosi's wealth grows by 62 percent

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saw her net worth rise 62 percent last year, cementing her status as one of the wealthiest members of Congress.

Pelosi was worth at least $35.2 million in the 2010 calendar year, according to a financial disclosure report released Wednesday. She reported a minimum of $43.4 million in assets and about $8.2 milion in liabilities.

For 2009, Pelosi reported a minimum net worth of $21.7 million.

Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) also remained a multimillionaire. He reported that his minimum net worth in 2010 was close to $2.1 million, with zero liabilities. His 2009 minimum net worth was more than $1.8 million.
Source
edit on 4-10-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join