It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: Death of 40 Hour Work Week Frees Americans to Pursue Happiness

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi gave an interview to CNN about Obamacare. The statement came up that Obamacare is killing the 40 hour work week (because employers are dropping people to part time work to avoid paying for Obamacare) and therefore people aren't earning what they need to survive. Pelosi's IGNORANT response ... " the less hours worked will free Americans to persue their happiness ".

Seriously .. what planet is this idiot from???

Article and Video Here

During an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union,” host Candy Crowley read Pelosi part of a letter signed by union goon James Hoffa Jr. that described Obamacare’s impact on employers as a way to “destroy the foundation of the 40-hour work week.” ...

Some parts of Obamacare need to be clarified, she acknowledged, but losing that 40-hour work week will really free Americans to “pursue your happiness … follow your passion.”

“Overwhelmingly, for the American people, this is a liberation,” the San Francisco millionaire said dreamily, possibly confusing “the American people” who have to make a living with her fellow guests at George Soros’s wedding Saturday in New York.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have no words...

The woman is a bad joke!

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I've never liked Pelosi. Used public funds to increase her husbands property value, and my personal favorite she once said she heard the voice of Susan B Anthony ( I # you not ) tell her "Now we finally have a seat at the table" The woman is a sociopath no question.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What I'm seeing is that newly acquired hours are simply filled with the thought that I should be working. Reason being is the constant reminder that nearly every dollar must be spent cautiously...
Thanks for freeing up time to worry??

Do they think we are that stupid??

tom
edit on 29-9-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure I can take much more of this bimbo. I know for a fact that my blood pressure rises every time I hear her name. And Reid and Boehner, etc, etc.

I am ashamed of myself for reacting that way. But that's just the way I feel about her and her kind nowadays.

I have no idea why her constituents keep electing her into office. The only reason I can see it is that they are brainwashed/zombies.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

but losing that 40-hour work week will really free Americans to “pursue your happiness … follow your passion.”

Well I guess she slipped and outed the *REAL* agenda !!!!!

So now the Liberal left Wing supporters can all support reduced income that will lead to even more nanny-ism.

For her to say these things in public must mean she got she go-ahead nod from the higher echelon.

Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Seriously .. what planet is this idiot from???

She believes she owns this one and, for now, she will suffer you to remain upon it.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I saw her once in real life. She was at the Veterans Day ceremony in Arlington Cemetery.
She was like a plastic robot. She acted like she was there to be seen, not to give honor
to people who died for this country. That's just how it looked to me.

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

wutz4tom

What I'm seeing is that newly acquired hours are simply filled with the thought that I should be working. Reason being is the constant reminder that nearly every dollar must be spent cautiously...
Thanks for freeing up time to worry??

Do they think we are that stupid??

tom
edit on 29-9-2013 by wutz4tom because: typo

Indeed! With my new free time, I can sit in the dark (cause I can't afford the lights any more) and have wonderful hallucinations from the lack of food in my belly!

Thanks Nancy! You guys did great!

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Compared to the rest of the world we are overworked. On average Americans work a month more a year than the rest of the world.

Home> U.S. Americans Work More Than Anyone

And Obamacare really can't be blamed for corporate greed.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Every time I hear her latest rainbows and unicorns spin on Obamacare....dumber than dirt, comes to mind.

My only wish for her, is someday she is dirt poor, and has to live with the consequences of the poop pile she has been instrumental in creating.

Des

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think we need to put politicians on a crash course of what the real world is like.

Give them a REAL life...like Morgan Spurlocks 30 Days.

In the premiere episode of the first season, "Minimum Wage," Spurlock and his fiancée lived for 30 days in the Bottoms neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio, earning minimum wage, with no access to outside funds.

Yeah...but the problem here is, they'd know that their worries are over in just thirty SHORT days.

No, let's put these frakkers into the mix. Let's force them to REALLY earn their damned living, the way each and every one of us has had to...

This is starting to smell like the French Revolution...

Let them eat Cake!

- SN
edit on 29-9-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Because I SAID so...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Destinyone

Every time I hear her latest rainbows and unicorns spin on Obamacare....dumber than dirt, comes to mind.

My only wish for her, is someday she is dirt poor, and has to live with the consequences of the poop pile she has been instrumental in creating.

Des

I'd settle for her just being in the dirt. But we must remember, she bred and her prodigy thinks much like her. It'd be nice if people woke up and actually vetted the candidate they vote for.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It's a psychological problem actually. The whole White House is filled with people who should be medicated and given rubber mittens.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Let Them Eat Cake!!

Maybe we should visit her first

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sjorges2002

So if the government shuts down, it frees more people to pursue their happiness, right?

This chick is bat# crazy.

Never forget how Pelosi's favorite upscale restaurants all received ACA waivers.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
People are kind of short sighted.

The 40 hour work week is outdated and antiquated. We all know that when workers work 40 hours a week, they don't really produce 40 hours of work. This is due to burnout and low motivation due to resenting having to be at work for so long. Technology is another reason that the 40 hour work week should go out the window. We are more productive per hour now than we were in the past.

Currently, employers are being scumbags by cutting hours to try to weasel out of their responsibility. There is one very quick fix for that, and I see it coming within 2-3 years. All the federal government has to do is redefine "full time" at 30-35 hours per week. Employers can afford to drop a 40 hour worker to 37 hours to weasel out of responsibility, but dropping someone to 30-35 hours would leave a gap in their work and would lose them profit.

You may even say, that it was all part of the plan.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 2XOHsurf

well we will have a lot more free time to dedicate to the "re-education" of our leadership

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

AlienScience
People are kind of short sighted.

The 40 hour work week is outdated and antiquated. We all know that when workers work 40 hours a week, they don't really produce 40 hours of work. This is due to burnout and low motivation due to resenting having to be at work for so long. Technology is another reason that the 40 hour work week should go out the window. We are more productive per hour now than we were in the past.

You're right. It used to take 40 hours to provide for a family, now it takes 120.

Then you continue to spout your "it's the employers fault" crud?

edit: and I might add, you state the government will quantify then repair the situation. YOu are sick!
edit on 29-9-2013 by 2XOHsurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I saw the movie The Purge last night....guess who first came to mind....you got it good ol Pelosi. For some reason the blonde neighbor who set up a purge party in sort reminded me of her a lot.

You would think she could not surprise us with anything she says but she still does. I can not stand to look at her and it is much worse when she has something to say on important topics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join