It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Salvage U.S., we need to break up the country into 5 Separate republics, No President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There is obviously too much Power at the top of the Pyramid. The Corporations have too much power with legal bribery, see Lobbyists. We are basically a Corporate Fascism in a Surveillance state where various alphabet agencies have gone completely rouge, do whatever they want, lie, and the Constitution has completely gone out the window.

Here's my fix:
5 different zones, each with 10 states. Each has its own republic, congress, senate, and zero Presidents.

What this would do, is decentralize the power from the rouge agencies, from the President, from the Corporate lobbyists. IF the country is to make a move on anything as one unit, it will require either a majority vote 3 out of 5, or all 5 zones have to agree.

We also need to bring in a third major party to be on the same level of influence, power, and number as both republicans and democrats. The 2 parties are basically the same and its just easier to manipulate the Government when all you have to do is Bribe 2 parties instead of 3. Just like with the 5 zone, if you have 3 major parties, the odd number in the equation brings in a better spread of power/influence/change.

I think this is the only way to salvage this country, and also that this is an inevitable move. If there ever happens to be a complete collapse of the U.S. and a Civil war within, then eventually the country will break up into Zones anyway, with no centralized positions of Power

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Why five and not for or six? How would we split up the nukes? Wouldn't this further seperate people around the country when we should be uniting them instead? We need to get rid of corruption and influence up high, not break up the country.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The problem isn't the system, it is the humanity.
It's like people that believe their is some technological way to prevent wars from happening. Weapons do not fire themselves, people do.
So you can play a shell game and separate the country into as many parts as you want but that does not change the fact that people cause every evil thing that ever has or ever will happen in the world.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

s%f, I love it. where do we start?

we propose and propose and propose, but until someone proposes a way to ACTUALLY get started, well, these are all just good ideas. the problem is not that we can't plot a better future for ourselves, it's that comfort of the present is too much to relinquish! so if we can't walk away from the present in it's current enticing state, what will have to happen to make it seem less attractive to the masses?

I don't mean to be so cynical, but it's just like, there are so many of us ready to usher in a new paradigm that places the wellness of humans as priority 1, but still, nothing changes.

still cautiously hopeful though

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

rickymouse
Why five and not for or six? How would we split up the nukes? Wouldn't this further seperate people around the country when we should be uniting them instead? We need to get rid of corruption and influence up high, not break up the country.

An odd number leaves room for majority vote.

People are already Naturally operating in the mode of divisions. Black vs white, female vs male, christian vs atheist, yankee vs southerner, ugly vs pretty. No matter which way you cut it, humans naturally separate themselves along a huge number of divisions and this will never change.

The corruption we all want to get rid of, is too centralized and in the hands of a few key people. They are protected by the Potus, Rouge alphabets, Pentagon, etc. I'm saying that by creating these 5 zones, it will be easier to kick these bastards out and start from a clean slate.

We would still all be, "Americans." However the whole point of having 50 different states, each with their own rules/laws/governments, was exactly for the purpose of decentralizing the power at the top. That has failed. IF we do the 5 zones and get rid of a presidency, then that leaves out the 1 guy that the corps go after to Bribe, and it makes it harder for the Corporate Fascism that's in place, to continue operating.

Also, 2 terms max for all politicians

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So to fix it we turn it into an American version of the European union. No thanks. If you break it up the it's not the United States anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

There is no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

There is only one way to step back from the precipice. We must remove official power and officials gradually and peacefully. Starting with local recall elections, town meetings, budget cuts, firings and if necessary legal action.

Without animosity, we must incorporate those newly reintegrated citizens who are ideologically sympathetic to our cause, to the cause. At each stage we stand to gain allies and informed consultants who will help us to proceed to the next stage and bring additional legitimacy to the austerity movement.

I think this is the mechanism our forefathers intended for us to employ.

Not revolution, not insurrection but vigilant, informed and relentless relibertification.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

at this point im down for a monarchy. How could it get any worse. Ill run for King, My first act as king would be to find a Queen(tryouts begin now, no royal blood required)

second, disband congress

third, bring army home and watch the chaos

fourth, destroy monsonto

fifth, legalize industrial hemp($$$$$$)

sixth lift all weapons bans

seventh, I would work towards a self sustaining america, yet keep trade relations only with those that deal with needed, quality goods.

eighth, seize all pharma companies assets, give them enough to make the basics(anti-biotics, and pain killers)

ninth, Implement a plan to give our youth a chance in this world, maybe use the pharma money to give quality education to our children.

tenth, buy a bar n get sh*tfaced.

Once I am declared a tyrant, I then challenge my accuser to a single combat death match blades only, if I win I get rule for another twenty years without opposition. After my 20 years I name my successor, the people name theirs, and a death match determines the new king.

I choose death match cause its not nearly as corruptible as the voting system, plus the peasants love a good show

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by anon29

s%f, I love it. where do we start?

ATS is sort of a collective think thank, where we bounce ideas of each other. If something seems viable and has strong support by arm chair philosophers and intellects, then the next step is getting out into the colleges/universities for open discussions and bringing published Professors into the fold, who can then start writing about such a possibility to get it into the collective consciousness.

Eventually, discussing it amongst the youth interested in political positions. 6 degrees of separation. Everyone is connected somehow to everyone else, and its just a matter of getting this idea into key hands

buster2010
So to fix it we turn it into an American version of the European union. No thanks. If you break it up the it's not the United States anymore.

It would still be "United". The United Zones of America. Same concept, same country, same "Americans." The only difference is restructuring to decentralize the corruption, corporate fascism, and rouge agencies
edit on 29-9-2013 by Dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We were broken up before when we had the 13 separate colonies and if you remember history, it didn't work out very well.

Trade especially was getting to the point of almost being impossible as well as some colonies starting to make alliances with foreign powers.

As for the two party system well you would need to change our government style to incorporate a third party, something along the line of a parliamentary system.

As it stands now, there just isn't enough room on issues to accommodate a third party platform. Every idea pretty much falls under the democratic or republican umbrella.

That's why we never see legitimate third parties in the US. If they were to make their platform completely different than the dems or republicans it would not appeal to enough voters to win. If they bring it more in line with the two parties then they essentially have turned into one of the two parties and are therefore, pointless.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

rickymouse
Why five and not for or six? How would we split up the nukes?

We could pile up all the nukes in one place. Then, we truck in our politicians (all of them), the judiciary, the Wall streeters, the banksters (all of them), and the military industrial complex.

Push the red button. Two birds with one stone.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm thinking a term dictatorship is needed...but not with Obama.

Give them 2 years of supreme control. During those years, cut congress and house members numbers to 1 per state - their only purpose being feedback.

Only quick way to get everyone on the same page...is by ripping out all pages but one.

After the years, reinstate Congress and stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We need to get rid of Congress

Both Senate and the House must go, too much partisanship...too little progress, things are too stagnant. A lot more things would get accomplished if the President had more power to make decisions. We can keep the Supreme court

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

We were broken up before when we had the 13 separate colonies and if you remember history, it didn't work out very well. Trade especially was getting to the point of almost being impossible as well as some colonies starting to make alliances with foreign powers.

That's early 1700's. No combustion engines, internet, communications, power grids, etc. We have all that now so trade and everything else is already easily in place.

We would not have the same problems as we did then. 5 zones would still be like 50 states, except each one with separate Gov and no centralize power figure, i.e. potus

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Dominicus

We were broken up before when we had the 13 separate colonies and if you remember history, it didn't work out very well. Trade especially was getting to the point of almost being impossible as well as some colonies starting to make alliances with foreign powers.

That's early 1700's. No combustion engines, internet, communications, power grids, etc. We have all that now so trade and everything else is already easily in place.

We would not have the same problems as we did then. 5 zones would still be like 50 states, except each one with separate Gov and no centralize power figure, i.e. potus

With no national laws what are you going to do when California starts putting tariffs on everything coming in from other states?

This is what happened before.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You do not need or should divide the country into parts, you weaken everyone. You want to fix this country, all you have to do is go back to the beginning and run it the way it was meant.

Using the Constitution and modern technology will cure 90% of the problems. Return the Senate to being appointed by the individual State houses that are beholden to the States they actually represent and are able to be recalled by the States Governor when a Senator doesn't represent the States interest.

You want to stop the piggies (politicians) from feeding at the troughs (lobbyist) ? Keep them in their districts instead of sending all of them to one location where they can be manipulated. With teleconferencing and mobile devices there is no need for everyone to be in DC. The members of Congress STAY in their districts and the lobbyist lose their one location power hold.

No more PACs, public INDIVIDUAL contributions only to any election. No limits, but no hiding either.

Term Limits for everyone. 2 terms period no exceptions.

No more tax power. No more income tax. A national sales tax, that can only be raised or lowered by 2/3 vote of both houses, and remember they can be recalled a lot easier. No more corp tax loop holes, no more tax havens, no more rich perks. You want to eat tuna and Ramen noodles you pay a lot less than the guy who is ordering Kobe Beef.

No balanced budget, no pay for all government employees at any level. Local, State, Federal no exceptions. Plus no self raises, all pay to be determined by zip code cost of living at medium rate as their constituents.

Mandatory prison sentences for criminal acts while in office. Misdemeanor = 5 years each offense Felony = 10 years first offense, no exceptions.

Remove "Executive Orders" from President. Any use of military has to be voted by 2/3 of both houses unless in self defense of a first strike.

You follow these rules and problems will fix themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There's no need to do that. The solution is to go back to our foundations and give the individual states significantly more control of their own internal laws and regulations and leave the Federal government primarily in charge of international diplomacy and national defense. Aside from decentralizing the power structure, this would also greatly reduce many of the political tensions we see at the moment, as people would be free to move to states that more closely align to their political beliefs, instead of being forced into the one-size-fits-no-one system we have right now.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

no pay for all government employees at any level.

This is funny.

Let somebody go to school for 4 years to get a degree in administration then expect them to go work for free?

Good luck getting anything done at the DMV in under a years time.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

vor78
There's no need to do that. The solution is to go back to our foundations and give the individual states significantly more control of their own internal laws and regulations and leave the Federal government primarily in charge of international diplomacy and national defense. Aside from decentralizing the power structure, this would also greatly reduce many of the political tensions we see at the moment, as people would be free to move to states that more closely align to their political beliefs, instead of being forced into the one-size-fits-no-one system we have right now.

You guys don't seem to remember that we did this before and it didn't work.

memory.loc.gov.../llsl001.db&recNum=127

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No pay with no balanced budget, not no pay at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join