It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just in..Possible multy meteor fall in NH ME NY RI PA VA QC 28SEP2013

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

jasmine23
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Thank u i just found the sparkle background then put the native american picture on top of it

its very beautiful and makes me more connected to Gaia mother Earth

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity were there any satellites out and about around 10-11PM EST last Friday night that would have been visible from Pennsylvania? Wondering because I was hanging out with one of my friends, we were talking outside for a few minutes and saw a few bright lights moving around fairly quickly in the sky but thought nothing of them - just assumed they were satellites. We were actually joking around about it because he gave one of them the finger then it magically disappeared lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Here's a handy site:
www.heavens-above.com...

edit on 9/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you Sir I am very new to all of this and love the links. I am actually thinking about buying a telescope.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Do it!

If you haven't seen Saturn through a 'scope it will freak you out. It looks fake.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It's Nibiru's debris tail. All fun and games and smiles right now. When they start dumping it won't be so funny anymore.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy
some of us do appreciate your threads!!
I'm interested in these meteors
I hope you can see one for yourself

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Phage

Do it!

If you haven't seen Saturn through a 'scope it will freak you out. It looks fake.

You mean it actually looks like photos we see??

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I am going to go ahead and say that it does definitely look like we are entering a part of the galaxy that has a lot more space debris than normal, or that something is pulling it all closer to us. I don't recall any meteor sightings from 2000-2010. We could have a hit somewhat soon.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, I bought a telescope that has manual focusing and aiming. Do you have any tips on using it? I am having an extremely hard time getting it to aim at the correct spot. I thought about finding a light of some kind on the horizon in order to calibrate the vertical axis but that's it.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Phage

Do it!

This I attest to. For the first time gazing upon Saturn, I peered through my 8 inch Dobsonian telescope. It was marvelous, absolutely spectacular.

Right as I had others come outside and join me, we all watched as a blue object passed overhead, silently, then slowly drifted up as it became smaller and smaller, to which it became red than disappeared into the sky.

No jokes here Phage.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this is why all the not so advertised government disaster preparedness drills etc. are going on in FEMA zone 3. Do they know something that they're not telling us? Like maybe there's a big meteor looming on the horizon?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

second that. make a single thread about it.
otherwise, the doom is coming and ATS will fall because someone decided to create a new thread for every single damn space rock falling from the sky.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It can be hard to aim a telescope and the more powerful it is the more difficult it becomes, unless of course you have a motorized mount controlled by a computer. But that's cheating.

But without knowing more about your set up I can't really help. Using a location on the horizon is a good starting point. If there are azimuth markings on your mount you can use them for the "horizontal" movement. It helps if your mount has a bubble level, a mount that isn't level really complicates things.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Phage

Do it!

I have never used a scope before I do own a pair of swift audubon binoculars but they are only like 8.5x. Should I start with a spotting scope or go all out and buy a telescope.

I was outside looking at the moon for the first time with a my binoculars and that was pretty cool. It worked better then I thought it would.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

violet
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy
some of us do appreciate your threads!!
I'm interested in these meteors
I hope you can see one for yourself

I second this. I also appreciate you threads. I never really thought about looking up. I wish I had a nice scope but all good things come with time and convincing the wife.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You'd be amazed at what you can see by looking up. Its worth getting into a habit if doing it.
I was in awe of how clearly I could see the moon, with just binoculars. Then again I'm blind as a bat, maybe everyone can see it this good.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

And you can make one thread on all your rants too.
Don't be so hard on him.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

:You know, I did not get that "Cloud" pun, until reviewing past posts, more than a few months old. You got the humor,girl, and I wish I could post something in that Cloud for ya.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join