It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough already with the DOG AND PONY SHOW!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I just can't get over how sheeple love to react to the shenanigans that keeps spewing out of DC. Every year now for the past few years our beloved leaders play this game with us and majority of the population eat it up like a bunch of 88's. (88 IQ) Is it really so difficult to see through the smoke and understand that it's all just a show? They will play it out til the very last minute then of course come to an agreement to raise the debt ceiling like they always do.

Just wow, what an amazing display of a functional government that is being run by competent people, 17 trillion in debt. What a joke.

What gets me even more angry is the way the stock market reacts to the BS. For the most part, traders have common sense, yet they also eat up the BS with forks in both hands and the market reacts negatively!

Does the government want people to react to them the way they do to reality TV? Are they competing for people's attention spans? How long will this game continue before it gets too old for even the players? I mean, if it were me in there, I would get bored already and try to come up with some new type of fake drama to have fun with, since that is what they have to do in order to keep themselves entertained while they pretend to run the country.

Wake up people, stop playing into it!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 29-9-2013 by Imightknow because: spell check

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

I am not sure who the first comedians were but it sure seems that the good old USA has perfected the art .I guess I don't want to cry so I have to laugh ....peace

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Imightknow

What gets me even more angry is the way the stock market reacts to the BS. For the most part, traders have common sense, yet they also eat up the BS with forks in both hands and the market reacts negatively!

Everything is connected now. A guy in the Middle East farts and your gas prices go up. Even precious metals have long ago stop being a place to secure your investments with their volatile changes in sync with the stock market.

BTW I don't like the word "Sheeple"...makes one suggest that somehow you know better than everyone else just because they may disagree with you.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As long as people cover their lives costs and their family and close ones are safe - they pretty much dont care to get stuck into headlines they dont understand. For most it would involve an almost back to school amount of education.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Washington DC is an extension of Hollywood. And they play their parts well in the biggest stage production in the world. S&F.

reply to post by Xtrozero

Sheeple. This word can get over used, and misapplied, to be sure. But I think the OP used it properly. Sheeple are simply those who don't think for themselves, and are swayed easily with no critical thought.

But I agree. It is too often used in debate, as a touche, because someone doesn't see things the way we think they should.
edit on 9/29/2013 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
well i dont want to say it , but after my ATS detox i've come back to find it abound with 88's!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I understand your dislike for the word sheeple. I can assure you that it is not a judgement; I don't judge people anymore for I have finally gained a grasp on empathy for people and their conditioning. I use the word as a way to describe those who refuse to think on their own and use some independent thought. Alas, nothing to get mad at them for though because they have been conditioned to act and think the way that TPTB want them to.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I agree and it is very true. An incredible amount of new education is needed, and not just in America. When people are too distracted by maintaining employment to feed and cloth their family and pay the bills there isn't much time nor concern to care about what's really going on behind the curtains.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Any open political system functions like this. You would need to install a King, dictator, or something similar if you wanted to stop all the bickering.

Do you really expect opposite sides of the political spectrum to agree on things? If that were the case there would be no need for two different sides.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Does the government want people to react to them the way they do to reality TV? Are they competing for people's attention spans?

No. They are just inept. Our representatives have repeatedly shown themselves incapable of actually working together to even make an attempt at solving a problem. Neither side of the aisle will even consider what the other side offers. Neither side of the aisle understands the concept of compromise. The word moderate has become an epithet. Those who attempt to create any kind of bridge are few and far between and are quickly shut down.

So, in lieu of actually doing something, they will carry on with their political pissing match. Then, just as the clock runs out, will come up with a plan which will not actually do anything but delay any real decision. Each will then blame the other for obstructing the process.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Phage

Does the government want people to react to them the way they do to reality TV? Are they competing for people's attention spans?

No. They are just inept. Our representatives have repeatedly shown themselves incapable of actually working together to even make an attempt at solving a problem. Neither side of the aisle will even consider what the other side offers. Neither side of the aisle understands the concept of compromise. The word moderate has become an epithet. Those who attempt to create any kind of bridge are few and far between and are quickly shut down.

So, in lieu of actually doing something, they will carry on with their political pissing match. Then, just as the clock runs out, will come up with a plan which will not actually do anything but delay any real decision. Each will then blame the other for obstructing the process.

Congress gets quite a bit done actually.

Because there is strong division on some of the top issues does not mean that a bunch of smaller issues gets solved on a constant basis.

The entire Congress does not only focus on one bill at a time you know though to many who do not study politics it may appear that way.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

thats funny,last i saw you before your "detox" you were trolling hard.

as the old saying goes "as much as things change, they always stay the same...."

on topic-

the game will continue till alot of people die, and then new dungeon masters will take the dice and the game will start all over. Hint, the new dungeon masters are the old ones in disguise.
edit on 29-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Because there is strong division on some of the top issues does not mean that a bunch of smaller issues gets solved on a constant basis.

Right. Issues like this:

113-10
To specify the size of the precious-metal blanks that will be used in the production of the National Baseball Hall of Fame commemorative coins.

Here is a list of them. Notice how many say "to further", "to reauthorize". In other words, lets not do anything new, it's too hard to do anything new.
www.congress-summary.com...

Like I said. Maybe they should try something new. Like thinking. Like thinking just maybe there could be some merit in something the other side has to offer.

edit on 9/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Richard Nixon just called to say that he's going to keep the dog show.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I certainly agree that they could be much more effective and intelligent but there is a lot that gets done just to make the government function at all.

The majority of their work is actually delegated to lower organizations which still function and that is still intact so even though they fight constantly on major issues there is still much being done that we often don't hear about.

Much of that is also flawed but nonetheless the work is still moving along.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree, they are inept and incapable of running a functional democracy because they are puppets to their worthless egos.

The 17 trillion dollar question is this: What will it take for majority of the population to get to the point of enough is enough and demand changes, starting with the way they vote. How long will it be before voters REALIZE they DO NOT have to vote for a donkey or an elephant?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Imightknow
reply to post by Phage

I agree, they are inept and incapable of running a functional democracy because they are puppets to their worthless egos.

The 17 trillion dollar question is this: What will it take for majority of the population to get to the point of enough is enough and demand changes, starting with the way they vote. How long will it be before voters REALIZE they DO NOT have to vote for a donkey or an elephant?

The parties do not make the system, its the system that dictates how the parties act.

You vote for someone outside of the democratic or republican parties, get them into power, and you will see them morph into the same thing we have today.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

The parties do not make the system, its the system that dictates how the parties act.

And it's the mentality of the members of the parties that prevents any problem solving from occurring. The idea that no middle ground is good middle ground. The idea that the other side has nothing to offer.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Imightknow
reply to post by Phage

This is how it always been. It is the nature of American style democracy. We have always had debt and it has always been a politial tool. Although execpt a few times when it shot up (WW2) it has alway been about the same in comparison to our GDP. If this was company and you looked at our income and assets you would not even consider the debt and issue. We could sell off some of our mineral rights and settle it. However just like everything else that would be to easy and we all know a democratic society does not like to do things easly. From the continenral congress until now politics has not changed and yet some how things manage to get done.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach
Congress gets quite a bit done actually.

I don't see how any one could honestly say this. Congress, as a rule, does not even read the damn legislation they vote on. The only thing they are accomplishing is adding to tyranny at breakneck speed.

And for that treason, they deserve the worst possible fate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join