It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Star for that... but I have to say, if that is what you want... making the woman your with feel beautiful is how to go about getting that! Around my ex-husband I felt ugly... very very ugly to the point that feeling very much stays with me...

but my husband now? I feel like he truly believes I am beautiful, it is in the way he looks at me more than anything else - although he tells me he is an artist and I am a masterpiece and other corny things. I personally believe I am not any prize, but around him, I am not ashamed of my body, and most the time, I feel kinda pretty now... so, if you want naked, figure that look out, because when he looks at me it is with a depth of love and appreciation that lets me know that he believes I am beautiful... (even when I cannot see it in the mirror)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

There was one poster who told you to delve into the why of your feelings concerning tattoos... I happen to agree with him.

Personally, I do not have any tattoos at all, not one. But that is me.

When I got divorced I realized I did not even know who I was. I only knew what everyone in my life 'wanted' or 'needed' me to be, but not who I was, inside. I spend quite a few years soul searching, evaluating my own personality traits and finding out who I really was. It wasn't easy because you have to look at your strengths and face the fact you have weaknesses and be honest with yourself. NOT an easy task.

And only once you do that can you find the person who is right for you as the individual you really are. But then, you have to be honest with the world in order to find them.

That honesty with the world about who you really are is another very difficult task, its all well and good to admit your weaknesses to yourself, but to give it voice and tell perfect strangers? SCAREY!

And then... after all that, you have to have a keen enough insight into people, in order to deduce whether or not that person you are speaking to is just as honest with themselves and the world around them...

Like I said, it took years... but now, I am sincerely with the other half of me, the person who completes me and my true soulmate... I could not be happier.

With you, it may not be the tattoos themselves you detest, but something about them which they represent to you very deeply, whether that be recklessness or another trait. Whatever it is, I am sure you will figure it out, and who cares if you do detest them? You as a person have EVERY right to your own feelings... no one can judge you for having them. We all have likes and dislikes and we are all unique in very special ways.

You do not have to like tattoos on women! You do not need anothers opinion of how to view the world around you... you only need yours. Just make sure its an honest one... with yourself.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Hey, here in America the younger girls are the more tattoos they are getting. It is more than sad. Seeing such young girls having tattoos all down their arms is hideous. I wrote a thread here about it, that the culture and new trend of modern society is urging this. Peer pressure is going to win. In the early 90s there were only 2 tattoo shops in all of philadelphia. Times have changed indeed.

I recently meet a girl, and even though she has some characteristics of being down to earth and conservative (what I like) she still has darn tats like a punk. They have minds of trash because of society. Like a stupid untrusting person, she like many girls when you first date them are always giving you these little tests to see your reaction. So basically they treat you like a pathetic idiot to see if you remain calm, the calmer you remain, the more you win them. So all and all it is a big pathetic rant because society has made them so stupid all they can do is wrong, all they are filled with is hate and ignorance. Rant, Rant, Rant.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yeah, what im getting from all these posts is that girls with tattoos like to be called girls with tattoos, not a girl that has some tattoos.

it defines them as a tattoo type, rather than a girl who likes to have a tattoo.

The expression is the tattoo type, not an expression a tattoo makes for them.

if that makes sense...

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know any men that want a woman with a single tattoo on them. I don't touch anything with one on it. I don't touch anyone female who smokes drinks or does drugs. Then again my grandma taught me what a real woman was supposed to be maybe I'm wrong. However it looks to me like its everyone else that's going through hell and not myself. Stay away from the trash and you'll do OK. Also stay out of bars, nothing in there except things you wanna throw rocks at.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I got my tattoo when I was in tech school after basic training (USAF). A few people from my class were all going to go and get a tattoo done (all different, we were just going to go together). Everyone chickened out except me. I thought about mine long and hard before it was done and had a rough sketch of what I wanted. A good artist that cares about his or her reputation will temporary ink it onto you then have you come back for the actual appt so you have time to change your mind if there is something you don't like (or just decide you plain don't want it at all). Mine was awesome. It meant a lot to me and I was happy to have it.

That being said a year or so ago I started having sort of detached mixed feelings about my tattoo. All the elements I had designed into it still mean something to me, nothing has changed in that regard. People who have seen it (it's hidden unless I am wearing shorts) like it and compliment it, but something changed in how I felt about it and I couldn't put my finger on what it was for a long time. One day I was looking at a picture of one of the countless female fitness models out there and then I realized what was bothering me subconsciously. I felt that the tattoo-less look was far more naturally beautiful, which made me realize the weird feelings I was having about my tattoo were because I felt it was unattractive and took away from me.

That isn't to say tattoos are ugly or make everyone look less beautiful, but I no longer am happy I have mine... which is ironic since I took the time to have it designed and placed so I would always be happy with it.

On a slightly morbid note, although I don't want my any longer I still don't regret getting it in tech school and having it while I was in the military. Nothing happened to me when I was deployed, I was safe. If however I had been taken prisoner or killed, at least they would have been able to positively identify me because of my tattoo.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I don't mind the occasional tattoo. It really all depends on the woman, where they are placed & what the tattoo's are. I've seen some and they look terrible but others & I've almost fallen in love, lol. I will admit that the tramp stamp is somewhat of a turnoff but lets be honest here...at one point they were a trend so everyone was getting them. Most that I know have them regret that big time. It's the same as the barb wire tattoo for guys.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Xaphan
reply to post by enament

There's nothing wrong with you saying you don't like it. But it is kind of a double standard, isn't it?

I suppose it is since those who like them are allowed to voice it publicly,whereas someone states an opposition to that is ridiculed.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No I have always felt this way about tattoos.I just want people to think more. It doesn't matter though now. I have found a woman now, she doesn't have a single tattoo on her. it wouldn't have mattered if she had one or two,i wouldn't have turned her down.She happens to be a very nice girl, real spunky and very affectionate towards people and animals. she feels the same about tattoos as I do.

Young kids, Jr high and high school kids are getting them like crazy here . Young children are still developing for instance,kids do some dumb things I know because I was one of them. I remember you weren't cool if you used both straps on a book bag in school . Or if you didn't ware your hat backwards, now I guess it is sideways or was that inside out?
Tattoos are a fad now, Popularized by magazines and TV shows.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

So when Tattoos get less fashionable, does that mean a few decades later theres going to be a group of 30-40 year olds that think you arnt cool if you dont have a bunch of teenage tattoos that you regret!!! Totally see this one coming

"you think YOUR tat is bad, check out this one on my back of both Miley Cyrus AND Justin bieber poking their tounges out under a banner that reads YOLO"

yeah YOLO - but a tattoo is there for all of that life! ha!
edit on 21-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Yeah tattoos on women are getting out of control...But hey look the only tattoo you need to watch out for is what we affectionately call...The Tramp Stamp. It's located on the lower back and is usually some sort of flower/paw prints/barbed wire/angle wings/or something else sugary...the point is if you see this tattoo she is a free sexual spirit and not the type to seriously date. If you are looking at a tramp stamp then you have to wonder....Who else has seen it...lol

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What a sexist thread.

"you are only beautiful as long as you keep your body in a pristine condition that I prefer"

God forbid you love someone for their mind and individuality.

But half these jagoffs would be the first to criticize a woman for wanting a man with a good career. *rolls eyes*
edit on 9-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

enament
reply to post by enament

I think my dislike for tattoos comes from my religious upbringing, and about not defiling your body.

Your premise:

A tattoo changes the natural state of the body, therefore, a tattoo is a defilement of the body.

By your logic:

Shaving your legs, wearing makeup, getting a haircut, and clipping your fingernails all fall under the category of a "defilement" of the body.

I understand what the OP is saying. He has the right to want what he wants, just as you. I think your rebuttal to his logic is invalid since hair and fingernails grow back natural for the most part. I think people should do what they want to do, as I suspect the OP feels the same. What I wonder though is why people get so offended by what someone else wants. The OP is not hurting anyone, he simply stated his preference.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

nixie_nox
What a sexist thread.

"you are only beautiful as long as you keep your body in a pristine condition that I prefer"

God forbid you love someone for their mind and individuality.

But half these jagoffs would be the first to criticize a woman for wanting a man with a good career. *rolls eyes*
edit on 9-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

How about we let people want what they want. Retorting to name calling is not for me, but if that is your thing so be it. I also would prefer a woman without tatoos. I wife has none. I have none. If she got one I would love her none the less. I would not like it, but to each their own.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You know, I kind of agree. Recently, most people have started getting tattoos to make a statement. As a result, a lot of them really lack originality because the person either 1. gets it done cheaply or 2. doesn't care about expressing a thoughtful message.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join