It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos on Women.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by cleric451

It is an insecurity issue. and I will guarantee that few, very few, virgin girls have tattoos.

AND show me a stripper or hooker without one.. I worked long enough to see who got hauled in.

You are quite fond of sweeping generalizations aren't you?

Let me put it to you this way, what you are spewing from your mouth is no different than someone who says things such as:

Black people (insert derogatory term) are all gangbangers, murderers and thieves.

Catholic priests and ministers are all child molesters.

All gay/lesbians (insert derogatory term) spread AIDS and are disease ridden and also corrupt the youth.

etc. etc. etc.

You have a bigoted and hateful viewpoint, just because yours is directed at women with tattoo's doesn't make it any less so.....sorry.....it is what it is and anyone that does not share your view see's it for what it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This is total bull, you are comparing two totally different things.

Most of us will NEVER think that tattoos are better than none at all, you should just flat out realize that women do not EVER look better with them, especially todays brand of way too much going on.

Men look like idiots most of the time as well, but it is especially stupid looking on most women, and does not appear as individuality on any scale at all, it is BRANDING, and about being the SAME as every other stunned person out there, the ones who believe they have there own style, while conforming to a stylists code yet again.

Tattoos, MOST OF THEM are completely hideous from any distance at all, they look like twisted patches of mind-numbing stupidity, no coherence at all, and people are covering themselves with them in some attempt to comfort themselves it appears.

I am going to stick up for Lews on this one, I have not always agreed with him and have disagreed on some topics but in this he is completely correct.

The point he is making even be it that they are 2 totally different things is that both are a form of change in societal perceptions over time. Our perceptions are largely based on what we in society view as accepted/not accepted. If you were accustomed to tattoos in all aspects of life from early life on into adulthood and they were prevalent in every day life and socially accepted across the board you would be conditioned to just accept them as a normality of life and nothing out of the ordinary. That is not to say that you would find them attractive or unattractive just that society as a whole would not have a bias in regards to them.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Right on, OP! I especially hate those tramp stamps, i.e. the tattoos right above the butt crack. TACKY.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Sorry, but I disagree with you entirely.

I love tattoos, but I don't love all tattoos. I like tattoos that tell that persons story, whether it is just one, or they used their body as a canvas. I don't like tattoos that I don't find visually appealing. Seems kind of redunant to say, but I said it. To say putting tattoos on a person's body is sacrilege is akin to someone telling you that you are disgusting. Literally, no difference. Also, to say to someone that something they put on their own body is childish is a really good way of pointing out your (figure of speech) own shortcomings.

I have two tattoos currently and I'd have more if I could, but I want to make sure they are done by the best. (If it's going on my body, it better damn well be executed properly.) I have two phrases on my body, both for myself and to be able to show others my story (kind of like fashion, in a sense)

Visually, I love tattoos on women. I think they are very sexy. Whether they are sleeves or artistic imagery which follows the contour of their body (my personal favorite for both women and men. I plan on getting tattoos which follow the natural contours of my body).

I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you don't have to find them visually/physically attractive, but just understand that by using those words to describe someone with tattoos, you're basically saying that you find it unacceptable for that person to be who they are.
edit on 3-10-2013 by RockstarMatt because: I misspelled a word

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

A tatoo on a woman is like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

Yes, it looks that stupid.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The problem is that a thread like this is going to get very legitimate rants from the other side. For there is a problem with the title.

And I'm surprised at anyone participating in this discussion who doesn't understand that the evil is in the title.

The subject of why get a tattoo, for anyone, male or female, would be a totally different title.

But to even put women in a second class position to talk over their heads about what they should or should not get, or even, heaven forbid, in a more fascist misogynst system, be allowed to get, as if you have that superior right, is EVIL. It turns my stomach that this thread is still going.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Its OK. Most people have trouble grasping the concept of socialization and how it affects them.

I am not comparing two different things, I am comparing two similar attitudes derived from the same thing. Men back then were used to women only wearing dresses and skirts, pants were seen as masculine. When women started wearing pants, men had the same reaction the majority of you are having towards women with tattoos.

Its not your opinion, its your culture.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

MrInquisitive
reply to post by enament

Right on, OP! I especially hate those tramp stamps, i.e. the tattoos right above the butt crack. TACKY.

Those are the sexiest tattoos ever created.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There are acceptable forms of self-mutilation and "non-acceptable" forms.

Go into any mall and count the number of girls getting their ears pierced at a very young ages because "women are supposed to have pierced ears."

But, God forbid, that same girl get a tattoo.

I should take my two-year-old daughter in to get a tattoo, the same way parents do with ear piercings.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am not a great tattoo lover, generally, but I love this picture of a tattooed lady in 1911, pretty good artwork for the time.......

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

MrInquisitive
reply to post by enament

Read by the toilet and by backdoor delivery boys who can't face their partners.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Restricted

LewsTherinThelamon

MrInquisitive
reply to post by enament

Are you recommending a book for me to read?

I did a Google search for "By the Toilet and by the Backdoor: Delivery Boys who can't Face their Partners." And nothing came up.

???

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

Restricted

LewsTherinThelamon

MrInquisitive
reply to post by enament

Are you recommending a book for me to read?

I did a Google search for "By the Toilet and by the Backdoor: Delivery Boys who can't Face their Partners." And nothing came up.

???

Good thing you stopped me.....I was about to go looking myself. Seemed an appropriate read that doubled as TP in case you ran out. Real bummer that it doesn't exist.......say now...... something else about that statement you refer to resembles TP also......
edit on 3-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling

edit on 3-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: punctuation

edit on 3-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: more clarification

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Haha funny you should mention green.. That's the colour I have streaked in.

...and as for the biker/groupie gang-banger/stripper idea, I only sit here and laugh out loud. How old are you??? You sound like my grandparents.
There is an entire world out there, with 7 billion people. You think out of that, EVERY female that has tattoos fit into those three categories??? OOooohhhhhhhKi..... *over exaggerated eye roll*
But if you insist on labeling people, you can call me a punk. :p

reply to post by enament

I fully agree that random, poorly done, poorly placed tattoos are ugly and unattractive. On both male and female.
But the pieces of art, done well are beautiful eyecandy IMO.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Whenever I go out in public these days, I begin to feel like I'm on some kind of bad acid trip. If not wanting a tattoo makes me a "freak", then so be it. I've never minded being "different".....I just prefer to express my individual ideals in other ways. It's much easier to change a wardrobe and hairstyle than it is something permanent, like a tattoo. Each to his own.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow I really hate when people say stuff like this. I have met the most cunning, funny and smart women who all are tatted up the wazzu.

The sad part is good guys dont talk to them because of their tatts. Then again if you skip getting to know a person, because of the way they look rates you sad in my book.

Tons of dudea are level headed, looking for just a down to earth normal person. Too bad most of them define a woman as no tattoos, and a good cook. So sad.

OP, you probably skipped over a lot of women who will please you, and want to have a relationship and are the most awesome and normal people, and went for the bleach blond bimbo, who couldnt forumulate a single coherent thought with out talking about their new Iphone or something.

Too bad for you though, leaves more for the deep thinkers, and true lovers.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Unity_99
The problem is that a thread like this is going to get very legitimate rants from the other side. For there is a problem with the title.

And I'm surprised at anyone participating in this discussion who doesn't understand that the evil is in the title.

The subject of why get a tattoo, for anyone, male or female, would be a totally different title.

But to even put women in a second class position to talk over their heads about what they should or should not get, or even, heaven forbid, in a more fascist misogynst system, be allowed to get, as if you have that superior right, is EVIL. It turns my stomach that this thread is still going.

So it is evil to discuss what you find attractive or not find attractive about the opposite sex ? You seem to miss the whole point of the thread. If you talked about why you like tall men over short men is that evil? Is it evil to like the color blue when you like the color red? Is it evil to like brunettes over blonds.
So by your logic its evil to be attracted to certain traits about the opposite sex or maybe the same sex preferences.
So if I talked about why I liked men if I was gay would you have a problem with that too?
edit on 3-10-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

enament

Unity_99

So it is evil to discuss what you find attractive or not find attractive about the opposite sex ? You seem to miss the whole point of the thread. If you talked about why you like tall men over short men is that evil? Is it evil to like the color blue when you like the color red? Is it evil to like brunettes over blonds.
So by your logic its evil to be attracted to certain traits about the opposite sex or maybe the same sex preferences.
So if I talked about why I liked men if I was gay would you have a problem with that too?
edit on 3-10-2013 by enament because: (no reason given)

Fine to say you like tall women or women with red hair or...whatever. But when people who say women who are not of that ilk are tramps or sluts or prostitutes then those people are talking with a corpse in their mouth. :|

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Darkphoenix77

I still haven't said anything like what you are saying I did give a direct quote. I have said nothing even close to"women who had tattoos are more for a "one nighter" or words to that effect... ie promiscuous." What you said there. And not even in anything I edited, you are full of it! Quit making stuff up unless you can quote me directly. Your comments are defamatory seriously.

From page 1

Ahh yes the "tramp stamp" I forgot to mention that term.I won't touch upon that though,I don't want to offend any one here.

This statement says you "forgot to mention the term" i.e. you meant to make reference to it.

"won't touch upon it though, I don't want to offend anyone on here." i.e. agreement on usage of the derogatory nature of the term, however does not want to deal with the fallout from the people inevitably upset at your belief concerning the term.

I will give you credit for being more civil than some in agreement with your thread, but you don't exactly call the ones out that are being more blatant in their views on women with tattoos which implies (rightfully or wrongfully) that you agree with them.

edit on 3-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

So you make me guilty based on something I could have said. And also making me guilty because I didn't want to get involved with or be associated with someone having said something derogatory. Since I have noticed that people around here make stuff up when they have nothing on you.

All I was going to do was define the term "Tramp stamp" but did not want to offend one who has such a tattoo. The lower back tattoo as I refer to it out of respect.About 70% of the time I do find it attractive. but it is one of very few I do like. That tattoo is also being very much over done these days.

I expect from you a formal apology based on the fact you made up what you originally said and then back peddled when I exposed you for defaming me, and then looked for anything you could get me on,and then made assumptions on what you THINK I was going to say. You cannot imagine what you think someone is going to say and then make them guilty based on that. Man I sure am glad you aren't a judge because people are not found guilty based on things you think they are going to do or say.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

LewsTherinThelamon

Its OK. Most people have trouble grasping the concept of socialization and how it affects them.

I am not comparing two different things, I am comparing two similar attitudes derived from the same thing. Men back then were used to women only wearing dresses and skirts, pants were seen as masculine. When women started wearing pants, men had the same reaction the majority of you are having towards women with tattoos.

Its not your opinion, its your culture.

Hell I am going to go and throw on a kilt right now to see how many people have a problem with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join