It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot admits chemtrails and says they are a "necessary evil"........

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

OneManArmy,
nice work defending your beliefs, but honestly and quite literally it will take more than a one man army on this site to debate the collective who don arrogance and sarcasm like new clothes...and this is not directed at anyone in particular, just a certain spirit of the times if you will.
this is really an argument of belief, which is predicated upon evidence (usually), which is subject to question - regardless of whether the line of reasoning promoting the questioning is rational in the first place.
so coming to a thread of this kind and presenting evidence in its support, is basically like pointing to yourself and telling the tiger where to bite!
so it must be treated as such - a statement - not an answer...because in all likelihood, if this is a true event, its astronomically improbable that anyone on this site, qualified or un, has the resources or experience to access anything remotely passible for evidence.
as it cant be proved, ironically making space for a vague potentiality, it cant be disproved, and so the posts continue...
we all have beliefs to defend, and in a sense, are each a one man army, but beliefs here have changed over the years and in that potentiality many beliefs have gotten lost between mysticism and skepticism, forgetting that truth is found in neither...yet few retained their innocent curiosity.
Thanks
LOVE

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

awake1234

OneManArmy,
nice work defending your beliefs, but honestly and quite literally it will take more than a one man army on this site to debate the collective who don arrogance and sarcasm like new clothes...and this is not directed at anyone in particular, just a certain spirit of the times if you will.
this is really an argument of belief, which is predicated upon evidence (usually), which is subject to question - regardless of whether the line of reasoning promoting the questioning is rational in the first place.
so coming to a thread of this kind and presenting evidence in its support, is basically like pointing to yourself and telling the tiger where to bite!
so it must be treated as such - a statement - not an answer...because in all likelihood, if this is a true event, its astronomically improbable that anyone on this site, qualified or un, has the resources or experience to access anything remotely passible for evidence.
as it cant be proved, ironically making space for a vague potentiality, it cant be disproved, and so the posts continue...
we all have beliefs to defend, and in a sense, are each a one man army, but beliefs here have changed over the years and in that potentiality many beliefs have gotten lost between mysticism and skepticism, forgetting that truth is found in neither...yet few retained their innocent curiosity.
Thanks
LOVE

Thank you, I agree with you, and appreciate your words.

I thought ATS was a conspiracy/conspiracy theory site.
I thought a conspiracy theory was just that.. "a theory" until its proven to be a conspiracy or its proven to be unfounded. Many conspiracy theories have been proven conspiracies, and many have been proven to be unfounded. But until that is established, both sides of the debate provide evidence for and against and that evidence is taken into consideration to reach a conclusion. If you ask me its a pretty scientific and logical approach.
Sometimes its a good idea to look at the world with the eyes of a child, complete ignorance and innocent wonder, thats where some of the most profound questions can come from.
Being able to put aside our preconceptions seems to be much harder for the so called "educated" than it is for the truly ignorant. I really dont mind looking like a fool, if I learn something from the experience.
I dont like being made to look like a fool by a closed minded fool, thats just hypocrisy and a higher form of ignorance. I already accept I can be a fool, I dont really need someone that doesnt recognise this same flaw in themselves pointing it out to me.

Once again, thank you.
And yes a little more LOVE and fellowship would work wonders.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

qualified or un, has the resources or experience to access anything remotely passible for evidence.

Interesting you talk about access to anything remotely passible for evidence...That is what the whole chemtrail belief is based on is it not?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I thought a conspiracy theory was just that.. "a theory" until its proven to be a conspiracy or its proven to be unfounded.

And how long is it supposed to take once a conspiracy theory has been proven unfounded, which btw has happened many many years ago when it comes to chemtrails?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I thought a conspiracy theory was just that.. "a theory" until its proven to be a conspiracy or its proven to be unfounded.

Well, your "theory" would seem to be pretty safe then, no matter how much evidence you don't have to support it. No matter how much evidence there is that "chemtrails" are contrails.

How do you propose the "chemtrail" theory be proven to be unfounded?

edit on 10/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Sometimes its a good idea to look at the world with the eyes of a child, complete ignorance and innocent wonder, thats where some of the most profound questions can come from.

There is nothing wrong with that, but just remember when it comes to ATS denying ignorance will happen so be prepared.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How do you propose the "chemtrail" theory be proven to be unfounded?

I bet I know... Look Up...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

tsurfer2000h

And how long is it supposed to take once a conspiracy theory has been proven unfounded, which btw has happened many many years ago when it comes to chemtrails?

Then why isnt this thread and every other chemtrail thread sitting in the hoax bin, and all the people that post them banned?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Because as we have said repeatedly, the possibility is real, even if the evidence falls on its face every time.

Besides that is for deliberate hoaxes (banning).

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Because as we have said repeatedly, the possibility is real, even if the evidence falls on its face every time.

Exactly! We all admit it could happen, probably not where it could be seen. If I wanted to poison the populace, I would do it below 28000 feet. But since the chemtrail crowd refuses to comprehend that contrails make the most scientific sense in what everyone sees, they completely disregard the facts in favor of the fantasy angle. Like pining for Bigfoot. It would be amazing if real, but all the evidence points to no. And I think Bigfoot has 100% chance of being real when compared to chemtrails.

If the chemtrail crowd acknowledged the science, then any anomalies might have a chance of being noticed. After all, who better to spot a possible issue than one who is actively looking AND understands what he is looking at.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

network dude

Zaphod58

Exactly! We all admit it could happen, probably not where it could be seen. If I wanted to poison the populace, I would do it below 28000 feet. But since the chemtrail crowd refuses to comprehend that contrails make the most scientific sense in what everyone sees, they completely disregard the facts in favor of the fantasy angle. Like pining for Bigfoot. It would be amazing if real, but all the evidence points to no. And I think Bigfoot has 100% chance of being real when compared to chemtrails.

If the chemtrail crowd acknowledged the science, then any anomalies might have a chance of being noticed. After all, who better to spot a possible issue than one who is actively looking AND understands what he is looking at.

Then technically we are in agreement.

I have never claimed to have proof of chemtrails. Just motive and a previous examples of testing stuff on people and in the atmosphere. You only have to look at the quality of food these days to see they really dont care about our health and welfare. They dont "need" to dump anything in the upper reaches of the atmosphere to kill us, they do it with the food and "medicines" we administer to ourselves. And then charge us again to "make us better" when the food and drugs take their toll, so we can poison ourselves some more.

As for today, it was all in the news they have the DNA of bigfoot. Timely announcement.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

OneManArmy

As for today, it was all in the news they have the DNA of bigfoot. Timely announcement.

And I remember when some guys from Georgia had a body. Until I see the hairy guy himself, I think I will stay with the "maybe" camp.

I wish everyone in the chemtrail threads would think with some common sense in stead of acting as if we were stealing their religious beliefs when disagreeing. Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

network dude

OneManArmy

And I remember when some guys from Georgia had a body. Until I see the hairy guy himself, I think I will stay with the "maybe" camp.

I wish everyone in the chemtrail threads would think with some common sense in stead of acting as if we were stealing their religious beliefs when disagreeing. Thanks for the post.

Maybe they will clone it?

I do play devils advocate sometimes and assume a position to judge for myself its merits and failings.
Just one technique I use to educate myself.
I hope EVERYONE would think with some common sense. But we are all guilty, and we all slip up, only some more than others, and I have had more than my fair share of slip ups.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

OneManArmy

network dude

Zaphod58

Then technically we are in agreement.

I have never claimed to have proof of chemtrails. Just motive and a previous examples of testing stuff on people and in the atmosphere. You only have to look at the quality of food these days to see they really dont care about our health and welfare.

On average, people are living longer today. We have virtually eradicated polio, smallpox, and the plague. Science can be thanked for this.

They dont "need" to dump anything in the upper reaches of the atmosphere to kill us, they do it with the food and "medicines" we administer to ourselves. And then charge us again to "make us better" when the food and drugs take their toll, so we can poison ourselves some more.

People have choices. It behooves a person to make educated choices. One person's poison is another person's panacea.

Just as fake as chemtrails.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I haven't seen any trails since the shut down and temperatures sure spiked!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Plenty of contrails yesterday over NW Indiana...not surprisingly, a front was moving in...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I haven't seen any trails since the shut down

Well there you go then.
That must mean there aren't any anywhere.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Look quick!
weather.weatherbug.com...

Not hard to find contrails when you look at the upper air data first.

edit on 10/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nice looking Phage.

I'm further up the east coast and haven't seen any since last Thursday.

The clouds are really wispy today, but no signs of the "trails" themselves. I'll be looking!

adding:
The last Thursday they did it, they did it like it was going out of style! Heavy!
edit on 3-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: was Thursday not Friday

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join