It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Year Old Becomes First Transgender Child in Argentina To Change Identity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Luana (or Lulu) is six years old and is a legal transgender - going from male to female on legal papers and in 'practice'. I did not see anything about gender change surgery. (yet) Luana (or Lulu) has a twin brother who does not have gender identity issues. (at least, not yet .. they are only 6 years old).

So is six years old too young know what you want with something this major?
Or is it good to get the switch done early so everyone can adapt to the change?

Six Year Old Becomes First Transgender Child in Argentina To Change Identity

Luana, known as Lulu, is believed to be the youngest to benefit from the country’s new Gender Identity Law, which was approved in May 2012. ..

The decision was made after Lulu’s mother, Gabriela, wrote to Mr Scioli as well as Argentinian president Cristina Kirchner. She said her daughter identified herself as a girl as soon as she started talking. ...

Luana (or Lulu) has a twin brother who does not have gender identity issues.
(at least, not yet .. they are only 6 years old).

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

IMHO yes 6 is too young to determine, but that being said maybe there is more to the whole transgendered thing? This luana thought of herself as a girl as she started to speak. Maybe she/he could be part of a study on the whole transgener thing?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Wow. When I was six I wanted to become a superhero or a dinosaur.

One would think that child protective laws are standard in Argentina too... but I guess the state protecting individuals from harm (especially individuals who are too young to protect themselves) would amount to fascism for some people.
edit on 29-9-2013 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well I've never had identity issues but... geeze I can't help but think that 6 is far too young. The child has only seen a fraction of the world and feels confident that his personality is best suited to a gender which, not to be insensitive, he knows nothing of?

How does one even determine a gender identity so young? I guess I just don't understand it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I don't think acknowledging a child's feelings is particularly wrong at that age.

The child won't particularly have to make any decisions until puberty comes up. I suppose that raises the concern that raising the child more as a girl might nudge the child in that direction, but a lot of research points to these particular things arising early.

I'd be curious to see how many children follow this path and then change their mind or similar. It's a diagnosis that often gets more tragic the longer its left untended, so certainly a tough choice for a family.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is disgusting. No matter how you spin it, children don't know what they want or even who they truly are. My brother wanted to become a woman when he grew up, Catwoman was his favorite "Super Hero". Yet, when he got older, he grew out of it. Given the chance as a child, he would have gone all out.

I'm all for allowing children to explore, let them find out who they are. As they grow older, they'll either grow out of it or they start to blossom as whatever they are becoming.

But as soon as you let a child identify themselves and "ratify" it legally, you're kinda blocking their choices when they grow older as they feel that this is where they belong in society. Let's hope that's not the case for little "Lulu", and they grow up to be happy with the choice they made.

I guess what I'm trying to say is let your kids decide how they want to act and let them find out for themselves if this is something they truly identify themselves as.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I didnt want to bring this up on ats becuase i dont know the whole story but it relates to this topic so......
Yesterday I was coaching my 7 year olds girls soccer game.

I noticed the other team had a boy named Danny on the team. I assume he was a boy because he had a boys haircut and was named danny, also he looked like a boy although he was smaller for a seven year old compared to the girls he was playing with.

I assumed maybe he signed up late for boys soccer, or maybe they ran out of spots so he got put on the girls team just cause he wanted to play. Then I saw his cleats, and most of the girls didn't have as much pink and sparkles on there cleats as he did. I am now thinking his parents are putting him in girls leagues because he identifys as a girl. I think this is a bad Idea,

1 Just because he feels different on the inside he gets to break the rules(not a good life lesson)

2 the league and sport have rules, it ceases to be a league or a sport when you hand pick what rules to follow.

I am only giving you my perceived facts on this matter, I dont know the parents, I dont know the boy, I understand this can have a number of other factors involved. I guess how this relates to the OP, when you get to change your gender, doesn't that open the system up other facts that can be changed, race...ect. At what point do we make all follow the rules of the given system, instead of treating people different based on there personnel views and the hot topic the week.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Complicated issue; Who am I to tell someone how to live their life?

I suppose the only concern is regret later, I had made a thread a while back dealing with a young transgendered girl named Jazz, it had a documentary I'll link if anyone is interested. They ended up suppressing puberty of Jazz so that Jazz wont go through the normal changes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jazz seems happy, so if this is what they want, why force them to be unhappy? It's not my life, so what does my preference matter?

If they're sure thats what Lulu wants, I suppose it couldnt hurt to wait ie as with jazz.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Lysergic
Complicated issue; Who am I to tell someone how to live their life?

That job falls on the child's parents. And therein lies the problem. Parents ARE supposed to tell their children how to live. How many people here have a son who wanted to be a pirate? You allow them to dress up and act out their fantasies in a healthy manner. You don't ship them off to Somalia to join the pirates there do you? Of course not, but that's virtually what happened here.

A sweet little boy felt confused about himself, liked dressing as a girl and his(her) parents went full out and made the change legal.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the child should have been free to figure out who he identifies with. When the child is old enough (i.e. mature enough) to know what he really wants, the parents should support him through his change. Not box the child in at an early age, basically making him believe that the choice he now made is the only choice he should have made. Like my brother, what if he grows up and realizes that he doesn't actually want to be a girl? It just makes it all so much more difficult when you jump the gun like this kids parents did.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Little kids eat boogers, go to the bathroom in their pants, drink juice boxes, watch stupid cartoons, play in the mud, talk to inanimate objects, etc...... In what universe is a person of said mentality able to make such a life altering decision?

Progressives, keep taking it to the extremes and your wacky world will crumble sooner then you think.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I know someone who has gender identity disorder, and they knew about it from as early as they can remember. Sure you can argue that the child is too young to make an informed decision, but on the other hand, they could be saving the child years of anguish and hell. It really is a nasty thing to suffer, and I guess the only way to truly appreciate just how much is if you have gone through it yourself. Its so easy to judge from the outside when you have no idea of what is going on. Just have faith in the parents doing the right thing for their child, and I believe it is just that.

And no this is NOT the same as sending children to Somalia to be pirates. Being a pirate is a career/lifestyle choice. Gender identity most definitely is NOT a choice.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, I guess it's time I chime in on this one. The child should be taken from his parents and his parents beaten with a wet noodle. This whole story is freaking disgusting. So the misdirected governments and law makers want us to accept that a 14, 15, 16, 17 year old girl is not old enough to give consent to sex but that a 6 year old can give consent to a sex change ? WOW. A person here in the states has to be 16 to drive a car, 18 to vote, 21 to drink alcohol. Crazy disgusting stuff. I see an agenda being pushed here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

I am glad that child is not yours. Your attitude is disgusting, and extremely ignorant.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
I didnt want to bring this up on ats becuase i dont know the whole story but it relates to this topic so......
Yesterday I was coaching my 7 year olds girls soccer game.

I noticed the other team had a boy named Danny on the team. I assume he was a boy because he had a boys haircut and was named danny, also he looked like a boy although he was smaller for a seven year old compared to the girls he was playing with.

I assumed maybe he signed up late for boys soccer, or maybe they ran out of spots so he got put on the girls team just cause he wanted to play. Then I saw his cleats, and most of the girls didn't have as much pink and sparkles on there cleats as he did. I am now thinking his parents are putting him in girls leagues because he identifys as a girl. I think this is a bad Idea,

1 Just because he feels different on the inside he gets to break the rules(not a good life lesson)

2 the league and sport have rules, it ceases to be a league or a sport when you hand pick what rules to follow.

I am only giving you my perceived facts on this matter, I dont know the parents, I dont know the boy, I understand this can have a number of other factors involved. I guess how this relates to the OP, when you get to change your gender, doesn't that open the system up other facts that can be changed, race...ect. At what point do we make all follow the rules of the given system, instead of treating people different based on there personnel views and the hot topic the week.

Hate to generalize but this is what you get when you have single mom society. No strong father or father figure no defined mother or mother figure all fruit roll-upped into one lol. Like a monster out of a green lagoon we have 6 year olds who don't, or shouldn't even, have an idea of what sex is making decisions.
Where I come from they say "..." well its a bit racist sorry but in a nutshell it says "now that we #$*%ed up lets make it more messed up" You know what six year old, you make the decisions from now on, but live with the consequences. Heck we could be seeing the next evolution of mankind, children taking responsibility and fighting against the consequences by themselves. Have a child, let it rear itself, feed itself we will provide the essentials. Wanna eat sugar cereal all day? fine.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I'm glad that child isn't mine as well because he would stay a he. Explain to me how in the heck my attitude is disgusting ? Is it because that I believe that a 6 yr old is a dang 6 yr old and should be treated as one. A 6 yr old boy should be encouraged by HIS parents to be a boy not be encouraged to to something as stupid as gender reassignment. A boy is a boy, a girl is a girl. It seems to me that the gay agenda truly knows no bounds.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ok, so I understand that at a young age people come to realizations. George Carlin called it Age of Reason when he started realizing everything is bull# and his career was born. Same with gays and transgender, I have no problem with realizations nor should anyone. Now DECISIONS are a different monster altogether. Once you come to a realization and then start making decisions based upon that realization then you are welcoming the consequences.
My point in this a year old can realize anything but because of their inexperience LIVING on the planet the decisions are left to the caretakers. So fine you realise you are a transgender, fine. But wearing the clothes of the gender umm thats a decision buddy and there you are encroaching on the PARENTS territory! When you are out of the house you can do whatever, and I mean ANYTHING that you wish.
Or you can start making decisions at six, I mean deciding you are transgender is PRETTY hard and complex ideas so that means you can handle your decisions on your own from then on just fine.

(post by Firefly_ removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Is it possible your brother simply repressed his feelings, in order to spare himself from all the stigma that comes from pursuing such treatment? People are downright evil at times and make life unbearable for those who are different. Many people do this with many things. You can not possibly know what he keeps to himself, so he might not have grown out of it, he might have just found a way to bury it.

Of course, you may be right as he is your brother and you know him, but you never know what goes on in someone else's head. How many other people do you know who repress similar feelings? I can bet its more than you realise.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is a tough one.

Reminds me of a kid I used to babysit, from the age of two up until the age of six or seven the boy used to love girly things, every time you asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up he would say 'barbie' and he was always asking for a doll, which was a lil bit strange as he had three brothers and no sisters. I used to think to myself 'that kid is going to come out as gay when he is older', but nowadays he is as 'boy' as boy can be, plays football etc, just like his brothers, now he is a young man, so maybe he just grew out of it and it was just a phase? or maybe he has yet to come out, who knows, was a great wee kid though

top topics

<<   2 >>

join