It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can god have a chosen people when DNA proves we are all from same Origin? Even bible agree's.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
How can god have a chosen people when DNA proves we are all from same Origin? Even bible agrees. Adam and Eve duh...

I am a Jew and so are you!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
*SPOILER ALERT*

IT'S RELIGION, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Xeven
How can god have a chosen people when DNA proves we are all from same Origin? Even bible agrees. Adam and Eve duh...

If you were going to write a book that explains God's will, wouldn't you pen your own race as the "chosen" race?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Xeven

Because sin alters our D.N.A.

Initially at birth everyone's name is in the Book of Life.

When sin occurs our name is erased out of the Book.

Only through repentance and seeking forgiveness through the Blood (perfect DNA) of Yahushua is our DNA altered and our name written back into the Book of Life.

YHWH's chosen few are those mortals who are Born Again Christians.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

That's an interesting spin on things. Is that written somewhere or just something you came up with? You migh could market that!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Science tells you we are all the same at a dna level.
The bible and its followers dont care so much for science.
How can we all have sprung from one set of people anyway.
That is serious hillbilly stuff, and way too much inbreeding to be possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Xeven

Oil and Water don't mix....

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Rapha

Xeven

Because sin alters our D.N.A.

Initially at birth everyone's name is in the Book of Life.

When sin occurs our name is erased out of the Book.

Only through repentance and seeking forgiveness through the Blood (perfect DNA) of Yahushua is our DNA altered and our name written back into the Book of Life.

YHWH's chosen few are those mortals who are Born Again Christians.

I'm curious...do angels actually come down and bubble wrap dangerous objects for your protection?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Xeven

That's an interesting spin on things. Is that written somewhere or just something you came up with? You migh could market that!

Its all in the Bible.

Exod. 32:33: "And the LORD said to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book." If one dies without forgiveness of their sins their name vanishes out of the record book of life.

Ps. 139:16: "Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them." God knows who are his, even before they are born, everyone who lives is written in the book of life.

Imagine on Judgement Day, standing before our Lord and He knows everything you have done.

Would you rather fight for your own right to survival not knowing every law in existence, or have the ultimate lawyer, Yahushua standing by your side who died on the cross for your name to be written back into the Book of Life ?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The best way of looking at it is to take the view that God's dealings in the Old Testament are with a community, rather than a bloodline.
In the New Testament, in any case, the view expands to take in the world as a whole; "Now he commands all men every where to repentf"- Acts ch17 v30

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
the explaination is (according to some theologians) that Adamic man is a 'chosen' progenitor only in the way that the Messiah would be born from that lineage of humanity

I say poppycock.
Adam then Eve were genetically engineered apart from the homo sapiens-sapiens around 6K years ago but they were completely kept quaranteened from the global populations of other humans who were then considered uninlightened and instinctual driven animals with only a cave-man culture...

Adam+Eve were intended & expected to be a futuristic, enlightened, educated, advanced, dynamic class of humans
among low life, tribal groups of instinctual, low IQ, stone-age/ice-age ape-men

supposedly writing and civilization, agriculture, science, domesticated animals all were the products given by Adam to the world... read Genesis and see how Adam named & organized the Natural world and animal & plant kingdoms
Adam was the first to use wisdom & the divisions of Time to seperate himself from the beasts-of-the-earth
(which included non-Adamic humanity, such as Lilith and the future spouses of Adams' offspring)

It is true that the Judeao-Christian world creation myth is mostly symbolic and mostly ripped off & twisted by the Old Testament & Torah believers from older & ancient stories/myths & creation accounts from Sumeria for example...

but the above synopsis of mine is a good generalization of how things really took place..instead of some supernatural transformation post ice-age melt off when the present ascent of man cycle began

thank you
edit on 29-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The question doesn't even make sense? So what if they have the same origin? He picked a group of people at random and said hey, ya'll my chosen people.

All Nintendo games have the same origin too. Nintendo. Doesn't mean I don't have my favorite games like Zelda? The origin and where they came from doesn't have anything to do with that.
edit on 29-9-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

SadistNocturne
I'm curious...do angels actually come down and bubble wrap dangerous objects for your protection?

What, like bubblewrap the razorsharp skin dust that covers everything in Tartarus ?

Or bubblewrap the giant bone ravens or the Tree of Death in the black desolate landscape of Hades ?

No, i am on my own, exposed to all harsh elements and fellow elementals.

Off post side note.
Events are really going to heat up now, in this plane and all other worlds running parallel to this one.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

So what is your solution to the problem of human origin? Also, I know that you probably think that all science is conceived through atheist thinking, so at least consider This
It is very tiring and frustrating that atheists use disinformation and outright lies to combat belief in God. But I will also admit that believers in God have also done some very dastardly and ignorant crimes against humanity- whether or not they are done in God's name or not.
I don't think that science is Satan's tool. Science is merely a way for us to know ourselves and the universe that we were born into. But all human endeavors can be used for selfish reasons, I hate to say it, but just as science can be misused so can religion. The answer is not to do away with either, but to combine them.

edit on 29-9-2013 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As I understand it, the Jews were chosen to be a collective prophetic messenger to the nations, concerning righteous living and the promises of God concerning the Messiah, redemption & sanctification etc. It has nothing to do with Jews being more 'special' than the rest of us; however, there was a burden of responsibility, in that they were called by God to be a good example to the nations.

That hasn't worked out too well in many regards - but it proves that we are a fallen race, incapable of doing the good which we know we ought to do. How this came to be is a deep mystery, and the allegorical story of Adam and Eve in the Garden is a simple way of expressing the fact that we are fallen - it doesn't explain the full details of how that fact came to be. Deep mystery, simple story to express the basics.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If we accept the idea of a Supreme being/Diety, then I'd say the answer is straight forward. At least in my own view, God/Allah and a dozen other names over thousands of years....has appeared to different men of different lands in the form best suited to be accepted in the way intended.

Having said that, the Bible and other religious texts are still written by man, for man. The degree and nature of Divine inspiration is what seems to vary and be major debate points across time.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Did he tell the Chinese, The Maori, The Australian Aboriginal ?.
This is where the bible is so flawed, there are a multitude of races that were living outside of the middle east that could have no knowledge of what took place in old or new testament and yet they are also supposed
to repent all sins because christ died on a cross for them.
How could they know? This religion was localised and as such had no meaning to them.
Only through brilliant marketing has this story survived.
I dont doubt these things occurred, they are most likely true stories perhaps with a bit of embellishment here and there.
Its amazing how many similarities to egyptian and early sumerian mythos there are in the bible, also the zoroastrian faith.
Its a great read,but isn't copying stories from other sources considered plagiarism?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by apydomis

Absolutely, I believe we were created to evolve, so I am not an atheist. I just dont go for all the dogma of
organised religion.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Holy flamin' buckets...

SIN CHANGES DNA.

Lmao.. well I'm definitely a genetic freak then.. no doubt about it.

Maybe I have super powers... crikey..

For real..

*fwwwooaaarrrr superwino takes off into the sunset*

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Acts begins the process of telling them all, which is still continuing.
It starts with the Israelite community, and from Acts onwards it spreads out towards the rest of the world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join