It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Old to Trick-Or-Treat. Now What?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My daughter is 15 and IMO too old to go trick or treating. We all love Halloween and we are trying to come up with a fun alternative for her. We don't want to drive 40 miles to the nearest city, so it needs to be something we do at home with 5 or 6 people.
I would love to hear any ideas you have.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

We always do movies on halloween. Since we are kind of rural, not many kids come by outside of nephews, nieces, and such.

Obviously there is candy. Thats what Halloween is. We also do white chocolate popcorn. Just take white almond bark and chop it rough. Microwave the popcorn, then when its hot open it up and put in a bunch of the chopped white almond bark. Shake the bag a whole bunch to get it melted and spread around.

My favorite Halloween memory is me, my boys, my wife, and Jeepers Creepers on the TV.

ETA: my youngest is 15. He'll spend Halloween with his friends, more than likely. If not, he and I will do some GTA V on xbox live. Not as much fun as it was when he was 4.
I love my son, but miss my baby boy.
edit on 29-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hold a seance. It fits in great with a Halloween party.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
There are games that lets you disguise yourself and play a character while you eat. There are themes of murder and such.

I'm not sure how it is called in English or if you even have games like that... :/ In French we call them Soirée Meurtre et Mystère. ( Murder and Mystery Evenings ) Well done it can last a few hours.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Neysa

We always do movies on halloween. Since we are kind of rural, not many kids come by outside of nephews, nieces, and such.

Obviously there is candy. Thats what Halloween is. We also do white chocolate popcorn. Just take white almond bark and chop it rough. Microwave the popcorn, then when its hot open it up and put in a bunch of the chopped white almond bark. Shake the bag a whole bunch to get it melted and spread around.

My favorite Halloween memory is me, my boys, my wife, and Jeepers Creepers on the TV.

ETA: my youngest is 15. He'll spend Halloween with his friends, more than likely. If not, he and I will do some GTA V on xbox live. Not as much fun as it was when he was 4.
I love my son, but miss my baby boy.
edit on 29-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

Chocolate popcorn sounds awesome.
We have been talking about scary movies or maybe a Creepy Pasta.
There will definitely be candy involved no matter what we decide to do.
I know exactly what you mean about missing your baby. It's so bittersweet to watch them grow up.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

OK
I got a shiver just reading that. Lol
I am easily creeped out and I think that sounds terrifying. Might be worth buying a Ouija board. Excellent idea! Nothing more fun than scaring the crap out of the ones you love, right? LOL I'll run it by the family.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When I got to high school, I'd have a Halloween party every year on Halloween.

Also - the adults in our town who took kids around trick or treating would themselves
'trick or drink'. They brought shot glasses and at each house in the neighborhood they'd
get a shot. Everyone had 'bottles' ready for the adults.

It was a fun neighborhood at Halloween.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

That's an interesting idea!
Can you recommend any websites that might help with that?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

FlyersFan
When I got to high school, I'd have a Halloween party every year on Halloween.

Also - the adults in our town who took kids around trick or treating would themselves
'trick or drink'. They brought shot glasses and at each house in the neighborhood they'd
get a shot. Everyone had 'bottles' ready for the adults.

It was a fun neighborhood at Halloween.

Sounds like an interesting neighborhood. Lol
I guess there are some benefits to living in town. We have done some great Halloween parties, but this year the budget is a little more tight.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Funny,my 17 year old daughter is spearheading the holiday in our house this year. It was her idea to dress up and take her younger siblings out trick or treating. If not that we would have had a family night of treats and movies. If i had to make a suggestion,ask your daughter how she wants to celebrate. Discuss options with her.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Neysa
reply to post by buster2010

OK
I got a shiver just reading that. Lol
I am easily creeped out and I think that sounds terrifying. Might be worth buying a Ouija board. Excellent idea! Nothing more fun than scaring the crap out of the ones you love, right? LOL I'll run it by the family.
Thanks.

We used to hold ours in an abandoned graveyard that was out in the woods. It was a blast.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

AccessDenied
Funny,my 17 year old daughter is spearheading the holiday in our house this year. It was her idea to dress up and take her younger siblings out trick or treating. If not that we would have had a family night of treats and movies. If i had to make a suggestion,ask your daughter how she wants to celebrate. Discuss options with her.

She'll be the one making the decision, ultimately. She is the one who suggested I ask ATS.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

When my girls were 15 and 13 we let them have a big Halloween dance party at the house. Me and my sister decorated and made food, we moved furniture around and made room for dancing, set up a table with Tarot and a Ouija, ran a "Hellraiser" marathon on the living room TV. Me, my sis and one of my girlfriends ran inside security, my hubs and brother inlaw ran outside security. Around 60 teenagers and a handful of younger siblings showed up and had a blast all night! There was no alcohol, no drugs, no sex, no fights, no spills, nothing broken or stolen. Only thing we caught them doing was sneaking cigarettes and dirty dancing- and trust me we were all up in their business!

The only cleaning we had to do the next morning was to take down decorations and vacuum. Bad news- we ended up with a broke floor joist where the dancing area was and had to replace it, time consuming but not expensive. The kids and their friends begged for another one the next few years- so we went for it!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We became the tricksters (good nature liilte Boo's) to the treaters coming to the door.

The fake looking scarecrow sitting on the lawn chair - turns toward you and reaches out to grab you.

Jumping out of the shadow with a Jason Hockey mask to make you jump.

Things of that nature when the treaters were old enough. We weren't allowed to scare the very little ones, naturally.

CdT

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I would LOVE to do that, but we don't get trick or treaters out here.
It's a pity because we have enormous trees and it's very atmospheric and spooky at night. The locals all drive to town to trick or treat. The volunteer fire dept. always participates and provides a safe place to score tons of candy.
Not to mention the obligatory fire safety coloring book.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I lived in the country too. I alway's went over my best friend's house who lived in the suburbs to plan and hatch our scare tactics. She had a good trick o' treater base where she lived.

CdT

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

I tried to find a few, even a link to a boxed game you can buy to help you... but I didn't find anything except for restaurants that offer this kind of enjoyment, but near my home town, which is on the east coast...

But I'll keep an eye open and will let you know if I can find something!

edit on 29-9-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

In my neighborhod there is no age limit to trick-or-treat. Adults bring their new borns so they can get candy.
Most people don't even bother with a costume anymore because "It is too expensive."

You can always have a party with a few of her friends.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Ok, now that in itself is awesome. all the time I have been here, not once did my kids make a suggestion to ask members here for ideas/ opinions.
Hope you find something fun to do. Happy Halloween!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What do you know! I managed to find a link for downloadable themes of "Murder and Mystery nights"!!!

Night of Mystery

top topics

<<   2 >>

join