It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

Rocky Anderson has the right name that's for sure.

Jess Ventura and Rocky Anderson, sounds like a dream ticket sure to take the cake. (would add an emoticon here to liven up the post but they all suck).

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Having a person who is a successful radio talk show host, author, actor, and TV talent show judge as Vice President is ridiculous!

I mean, it is almost as stupid as the idea of, say, a pro wrestler becoming a Governor. Or an actor becoming a Governor. Or an actor becoming a Governor and then President. Er, wait....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

fullkrause
Also stern would have to leave his radio show because of the "equal time" rule. Stating that every candidate must be allowed equal time on TV or Radio. Either that or Sirius gives each candidate there own radio channels!! Which wouldn't be a bad idea, might bring a few new subscribers.

Ba Ba Booey!!!

*******20th Post*******
edit on 1-10-2013 by fullkrause because: 20th post

Just like Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and Ross Perot all got equal time.

The way the equal time rule works is that if one candidate gets FREE time, others must also get free time. As long as the campaign actually pays for airtime for anything campaign related Stern does on his radio show there's no problem. If they don't pay, then they just have to give equal time to others if they want it. Neither of which is a problem. The bigger problem is working as a radio host while on the campaign trail. He'll have to take a leave of absence from that job in order to actually run.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm cool with Jesse (his son has a great tv show on line btw) but Stern is a pig.

Better to put Gary Johnson or Rocky Anderson on a ticket as the headliner with gravitas and let Jesse do the heavy lifting as the person who will say whatever he thinks, damn the torpedoes!

I encourage everyone who hasn't seen them yet to look into both Rocky Anderson (ran on the newly formed 'Justice Party' ticket last year), and Johnson has a solid record as a reformer and clear thinker as New Mexico governor for two terms.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Aside from not being taken seriously by many, I don't see a problem with Ventura/Stern. But like others have already said, our government is a laughing joke as it is, so what's it matter?

I'm surprised Stern isn't getting more love over here. You're talking about a guy who has fought against censorship and for free speech throughout his career. He's never been told which way to go based on any amount of money.

As for his show, one thing that goes unnoticed is that the show is that it's been an amazing study of true human behavior. For 30 years, nearly every day of the work week, he's had every class of humans on his show and asked them questions about being a human and their perception of life. From the crazy to the high class wealthy, he's gotten them all on his show and brought out their basic human behaviors.

It's that kind of understanding of people, not just those in his personal life/financial class, that would lead me to believe he can make better decisions than the majority of politicians.

The only thing 'shocking' about Howard Stern is that he had the balls to say what was on his mind, the content itself is nothing shocking at all, it's just not what was generally discussed in the media....at least it wasn't until doors were broken down and the ice was broken, which I believe Howard had A LOT to do with in the entertainment industry.

All that said, I don't believe in the system at all and even if they became President/VP, they'd still be taking orders from someone else.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
At this point, I'd probably vote for Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob over the status quo and they are cartoon characters.....so I say......

Ventura/Stern 2016!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think its really tragic that a nation of 300 million can't come up with ANYONE that gives A DIME about this country, and whom ALL have been bought-out PAWNS of the bilderberger elites thus far. Its beyond comprehension.

What I think of JV and HS? JV is as honest as they come and HS is a great entertainer. They could be light years better than luciferians we have had up till now. You better believe satanists rule everything, cause they have the money to cheat. They control the banks(both commercial and central) thats why we are in debt with little to show for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If you ask me, the best person for the job would be Oliver Stone.

He is vet, loves the country and has 3 Oscars and brain...

his Untold History of US might be wake up call for many,....

And he likes weed...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Jessie.... yes, he has shown the honest side of politics. Howard.... no, a huge liability..!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Drucifer

Just.... no. Really? Umm, no...

Howard Stern!!???

Somebody has to say it: No!

He's in this for entertainment. Not a shred of modesty or self-respect in him. Honesty? Obscenely honest, maybe. But honest? Meh, I think there's a line you don't cross.

He's prostituted this life for his millions of dollars!

Do I like him? Remotely, maybe only because the do gooders sometimes scare me.
edit on 2-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is cool and all but Howard Stern? the guy is almost politically void, I consider him a semi-low info voter. In 94, he ran for office in New York as a Libertarian, the guy is not a libertarian.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Aazadan

fullkrause
Also stern would have to leave his radio show because of the "equal time" rule. Stating that every candidate must be allowed equal time on TV or Radio. Either that or Sirius gives each candidate there own radio channels!! Which wouldn't be a bad idea, might bring a few new subscribers.

Ba Ba Booey!!!

*******20th Post*******

The way the equal time rule works is that if one candidate gets FREE time, others must also get free time. As long as the campaign actually pays for airtime for anything campaign related Stern does on his radio show there's no problem. If they don't pay, then they just have to give equal time to others if they want it. Neither of which is a problem. The bigger problem is working as a radio host while on the campaign trail. He'll have to take a leave of absence from that job in order to actually run.

I listened to Jesse Ventura on the Stern show today they talked exactly about this..
There is no equal time** rule since satellite radio is not governed by the FCC.
Stern could use his show as a platform the whole time running and not have a problem that
traditional public** airwave radio has.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

starfoxxx

Aazadan

fullkrause

Ba Ba Booey!!!

*******20th Post*******

I listened to Jesse Ventura on the Stern show today they talked exactly about this..
There is no equal time** rule since satellite radio is not governed by the FCC.
Stern could use his show as a platform the whole time running and not have a problem that
traditional public** airwave radio has.

Yes satellite radio is governed by the FCC the content is just unregulated. So they would have to abide by the equal time rule.

Satellite radio

5 In the United States, the FCC regulates technical broadcast spectrum only. Program content is unregulated. However, the FCC has tried in the past to expand its reach to regulate content to satellite radio and cable television, and its options are still open to attempt such in the future. The FCC does issue licenses to both satellite radio providers (XM and Sirius) and controls who holds these licenses to broadcast.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Jesse would be a good candidate but Stern is a joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I happen to like Jesse V. The guy's smart... However... Howard and Jesse... Ummmmm no!! I would think since Jesse is smart he wouldn't have Howard running w/ him. Enuff of the jokes in Washington.

Anyways... Below is a video by RT interviewing Jesse and what his opinion is on this Shut-down.

Interviewer: " cockroaches are more popular then Congress " LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why is everyone hating on Stern?

He's rich, powerful, intelligent, well known. You people are suckers. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You all whine about how you're tired of establishment politicians always running and how you'd love a breath a fresh air, then when it comes along you do nothing but scoff at it!?

What gives?

This countries doomed, not because of the politicians, because of the people that vote for them.

Look it up, when Ron Paul ran in 2008, Stern actually says..."I think I agree with everything that guy just said"

We'll never fix the system, it's YOUR FAULT VOTERS.

Better luck next time, enjoy you're run of the mill career politician that you will surely elect in 2016.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

liquidsmoke206
Why is everyone hating on Stern?

After joke of president called W, even Stern can run for office...

No that I hate him, but there is no reason to like him either.

Thing that really bugs me is that we all have high criteria for president (to see progress) but still have history of bad selections... comically bad selections...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I heard an interview with Jesse Ventura on a radio show the other day while eating dinner. I think it was the Andy Dean show or something like that. I liked what Jesse said, he would make a good president. I still stand by Stern being an excellent VP choice as well. I can't say I would vote for him if Stern were running for president because Stern isn't someone I would call politically active at the moment. As a VP though I think he's perfect.

A VP doesn't need the same type of credentials, and often times wants different ones anyways.

Jesse (this time around) represents the chance for us to have something that we haven't had since Washington, and that's a president who isn't affiliated with any political party. There's more to it than that, but Jesse's unwillingness to align with any party shows that he has an understanding of what the country needs at the moment.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join