It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

SadistNocturne

buster2010
Where did you get hatred from? Stern has zero political experience VP is not a learn as you go job. When it comes to experience Sarah Palin would be a better choice for the job.

Call it a communal sense. Kind of a vibe I am getting off of most everyone.

So, you think that Sarah Palin would be a better choice.

Yet, Jesse Ventura would be a good choice for president. Just like he was a good choice for governor. With the background of having been military and a professional wrestler?

Just like Ronald Reagan was a good choice? He was an actor.

If you're saying Howard Stern wouldn't be a good choice because of his background, I'm just not making the connection....

- SN

What part of no political experience do you not understand? Palin has political experience Stern has none.

Jesse did a good job as Governor and yes I do think a President should have a military background.

Reagan was one of the worst Presidents in American history but I don't think his acting background had anything to do with that but he did have political experience.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Do you think this will help Rand Paul in any way?

I will never back Rand Paul. I trust no one that stabs his family in the back to help his own political career.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura started out GREAT as governor, but then he went 'brain dead' with his stupid conspiracy show. And he's said some stupid things since then. Howard Stern is just a sick idiot. Well ... considering all the other idiots we have in office (Obama, Pelosi, McCain, etc) I guess two more idiots won't make a difference.

Sad, sad, sad. These are the best we have??? UGH!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They're not the best we have. Far from it. It's a bad habit for people to want the splashy types. ...and whatever else they are...they're splashy, and colorful.

Right now, what the country needs; any country actually... Is someone who can quietly without fan fair, get the various interests together and make them do the work.

The political leaders that I've always admired, such as Henry Jackson, or Sam Nunn, while partisan, were also capable of working with the other side of the aisle.

Their ilk is still out there. We have to find them, and encourage them to run.

Political experiance isn't necessary, really. That's why you've got a cabinet, and staff. But you do have to be in charge. All too often, I think, the problem in Washington DC is that the staff is running the show, not the one's we put into office. They've become figureheads told what to say, and when to say it...

That needs to change.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sad, sad, sad. These are the best we have??? UGH!

No it's not the best we have but the political parties and the people that bought them won't let the good ones run for president.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
After scrolling through pages of people talking down on Howard Stern so damn much, have ANY of you sat down and watched his movie Private Parts? You might actually learn something about the man. As far as I'm concerned the guy's a genius, but hey don't take my word for it, I'm just a fan that started listening to him by staying up late on school nights watching him on TV in my room after my parents passed out

Damn.. that was over 15 years ago already, kinda tells ya something about the guy doesn't it? My guess is most of the people reading ATS are teenagers.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would rather see Rand Paul run then those two, Jessie I could see doing ok since he proved himself as a decent governor and he is pretty down to earth kind of guy, but Howard Stern? No, just no.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
they never actually run!....IT'S REDICULOUS

They always just do that for PR to sell more of there stupid books. It's so dumb already. I'll bet you 1000 dollars that neither one of them runs, and or some excuse comes up as to why they can't run, all last minute. Donald Trump does that a lot too. He acts like he might run, talks about it to get free press releases then backs down.

That's lying. And for these people who are suppose to be honest, trustworthy, have backbone, and all that great stuff, to trick us and act as if they'll stand up for their country and actually do something and then not do anything; well that's pure evil. it's treason. They shouldn't even be called Americans. They should be lynich, quartered, racked, and disemboweled!

Jesse Ventura, Donald Trump and the rest of them that constantly act like they're gonna run for office and then back out are the biggest cowards out there. They're just stupid liars. At least Alex Jones will say "yes I know you all want me to run but I just have too many other commitments". At least he doesn't lie and tell everyone he's thinking about it, and then backs out, only to try and sell more books and get free PR.

It's such BS. It's backfiring on them already, as people get tricked all day long by their g=v, and now even the last few hopefuls find it fun to just trick us some more, so they can sell more of there stupid books?

Like really they're actually worse than the real politicians in office. Way worse if you ask me. Because at least the people in office we know they're there to screw us. And we know their job is to ruine the country. And we know they're not to be trusted. Like we know that. But to have someone who's suppose to on our side, say they'll run, and then not run? Election after election?

They're way worse, they're pure traitors! Jesse Ventura is nothing but a NAZI !!!!

No here's what will happen...

Jesse will fly to NYC with maybe his wife and kid to just have some fun. go on the HS show, again for fun, probably gets paid big bucks to go on the show, plus gets free PR for his book. Then he'll fly back to mexico on his private jet. then go do some more surfing and relaxing, continuing to ride this hype about him running for office. And then in the end some convenient excuse as to why he can't. What a traitor!

he's not even a man anymore. He's an uncle tom, a sellout! he sold out his people and his country just to sell books and surf in mexico why lying to all his fans in the YOu-es.

edit on 30-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree with another poster...Jesse has my vote, but needs a better running mate. I've heard Kucinich and Ron Paul being tossed around, but what about some of the other candidates like Gary Johnson from the Libertarians or Rocky Anderson?

Rocky Anderson

Gary Johnson campaign

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

seagull

They're not the best we have. Far from it. It's a bad habit for people to want the splashy types. ...and whatever else they are...they're splashy, and colorful.

Right now, what the country needs; any country actually... Is someone who can quietly without fan fair, get the various interests together and make them do the work.

The political leaders that I've always admired, such as Henry Jackson, or Sam Nunn, while partisan, were also capable of working with the other side of the aisle.

Their ilk is still out there. We have to find them, and encourage them to run.

Political experiance isn't necessary, really. That's why you've got a cabinet, and staff. But you do have to be in charge. All too often, I think, the problem in Washington DC is that the staff is running the show, not the one's we put into office. They've become figureheads told what to say, and when to say it...

That needs to change.

I think we had a chance in Kennedy, and his public murder was all that is needed for the next idiot to sit in his chair to comply. We have not had a real President for decades. It's all pre-planned, they give us their two choices and either one will move the game forward while we think we might be represented. Then we get screwed again and again, and it's getting to the point that people are waking up and that is why a massive crisis will have to hit, our country will have to reorganize and bring in a new system we demand, and that's planned. Problem - Crisis - Solution......

They are ready to bring in the new system.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Hmmm... Well what about Rand Paul and Gary Johnson? I was hoping last time that Ron Paul would team up with Gary Johnson but they didn't. I think they had pride at stake but I think they would have won if they had a tag-team thing going. Neither Ron Paul or Gary Johnson had a past for the media to make a scene out of. I don't know about Rand Paul if there are any scandals, but I hear that he's pretty close to his dad so... For now I think those two would be great but Jessie might be good too. Let's just hope that Hulk Hogan doesn't come up and try to run for President.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

jtma508
I agree with EO. A move like this will provide the fodder for the establishment to paint ALL third-party/alternative options as entertainment-only sideshow freaks. The slim hope we have is to get a qualified, non-Rep/Dem aligned alternative that can finally sweep the two-party mafia out of politics. This isn't going to help.

What other third party/alternative candidates are there? Can't remember the last time I seen one, which is most likely due to the total MSM bias against any candidates that don't represent the establishment.

I would vote on this ticket just to see "alternative" candidates that can actually break through the media black out and bring to light real issues the MSM completely ignores.

In Sterns defense he may be a bit of a d*ck but he tells it how it is, he has pretty libertarian views, doesn't pander to either political parties and ran on a libertarian ticket for the Governor of NY back in the 90's, so at least we know where he stands as a candidate.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm a huge Stern fan and find Ventura to be interesting even though his show is about as cheesy and scripted as you can get. What I can tell you for 100% certainty is that Howard Stern will not be running for any office!! He barely does his show three times a week nowadays. And now that he's on America's got talent, he cries about the 2 nights a week that he has to stay up past 8:00 PM. Not to mention that he hates to travel, when that's basically all a VEEP does is travel around like Miss America, spreading good will!! Also knowing Howard he would never be veep, it would be All or Nothing, meaning only POTUS. He wouldn't even take over for Fallon at the 12:30 est time slot, because he feels (and rightfully so) that he's superior to Fallon and I agree. He also dropped out of the NY governors race because he didn't want to release his financials.

Not that either of them would have a chance to even make it to a debate, but I'd rather them not make a mockery of a 3rd party canidate, it's allready tough enough to get people to take it seriously!!

BABABOOEY TO YALL!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
they have my vote!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Jesse Ventura could run and win with the right person on his ticket, so why Howard Stern it makes no sense other than to show that he's a chicken with no intention of running for real.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If Jesse makes a run for the Presidency we can expect both sides of the MSM to be in full attack mode upon his character and anything else they can dig up on him. Expect them to even bring up some of his comments he made when he was a wrestler, like when he use to call wrestler Tito Santana "Chico Santana." They'll claim that alone proves he's a racist and a lot of people will believe it.

I hope he can pull it off but he has a hard row to hoe.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
With a guy like Stern ready to air pretty much anything to get his ratings up, I don't quite see how this would be a change from current or past US administrations way of doing things...

Say what you may, Howard has been brave and honest.

And many of his beliefs are in line with many, King of ALL Media..

Bah Bah Booey

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

TheToastmanCometh
I agree with another poster...Jesse has my vote, but needs a better running mate. I've heard Kucinich and Ron Paul being tossed around, but what about some of the other candidates like Gary Johnson from the Libertarians or Rocky Anderson?

Rocky Anderson

Gary Johnson campaign

Stern is a great running mate. The politics of the VP usually mean very little so it doesn't even matter what Sterns stances are. The job of a VP is to get media coverage and deliver votes. Someone like Ron Paul gets ignored by the media, as does Gary Johnson. Stern has a very large audience and knows the media well. He's also an interesting personality for shows to put on the air.

Honestly, Howard Stern is one of the very few people in the country that makes a good running mate to a third party candidate. Media power is everything here, and not many people have that.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Also stern would have to leave his radio show because of the "equal time" rule. Stating that every candidate must be allowed equal time on TV or Radio. Either that or Sirius gives each candidate there own radio channels!! Which wouldn't be a bad idea, might bring a few new subscribers.

Ba Ba Booey!!!

*******20th Post*******
edit on 1-10-2013 by fullkrause because: 20th post

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is just a big joke or publicity stunt.

Stern will not run for office, his ego is too big to be vice and not the man !

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join