It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by SadistNocturne

He's a public pig.

I asked you a fair question in good faith. And this is what you respond with?

He's a "public pig". And this means, what, exactly? Are attempting to say he's a pig, in public?

What exactly are you meaning to infer by this?

Now, had you said something like "I feel he is misogynistic" or "I don't like his sense of humor" or " I don't like his political stances" I believe I could understand your meaning. We could have engaged in a dialogue about the situation and what he was doing.

But "He's a public pig." ?

OK. This tells me that A) you didn't take my sincere (yes, I asked in an effort to try and understand you, and where you are coming from) question seriously or B) you honestly don't have an opinion that you yourself have formulated about this man. Instead, you are most likely going by the general public diatribe that is easily digestible and fiber rich. Good job. Way to go.

- SN
- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Keep your stupidity to yourself.

Stern is not a diplomat. He is completely inappropriate for the position he aspires to. Ventura knows how to keep a lid on it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is quite laughable really.

I can't believe how many people dislike Howard Stern because of his radio persona. You realise that he's just playing a role, right? You realise that he's just giving the listening public what they want? It's a bit like being in trouble and asking Tom Cruise to help out because you can't differentiate between him and Jack Reacher.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

tracehd1
I can't be the only one saying this.... " whhhhaaaatttt!!!!"

I like Jesse... He's a great source for information because he's been there, done that, knows people, and doesn't go half cocked scaring the hell out if you. Every show on Conspiracy I've seen him and his team investigate is well thought out and thorough. I mean the mans a Navy Seal!!!

But Stern?? Fudge that!!! How embarrassing. You lose credibility hanging around opportunistic, morally degenerate, individuals like Howard.

I'm not saying Howard's not great where adult stupidity and sexual humor are concerned. ADULT!
Anything other then that... Ummm no!!!

I'm sick of people thinking once their in the public eye all of a sudden they can do anything.

Melissa Gorga huge example. The girl just can't sing or dance! lol

yes, but you are forgetting one VERY important element..

the man is honest.

he doesn't lie about what he thinks, he doesn't mince words...and he's not what i, or most other people would consider your traditional corporate whore. he knows people, and he is the least politically correct person i could think of, and that's what we need..a free-minded straight-shooter, who's going to tell it like it is, instead of how he (or his handlers) wants you to think it is.

i mean, the VP pick is EXTREMELY important, don't get me wrong...who ever occupies the VP slot is only a heartbeat from the oval office, and i honestly wouldn't have an issue with Stern being THE guy, if something were to happen to Ventura...

yeah, he might have made his bones with strippers, farts, and dirty language, but you can't say he never pushed the limits, and you can't say he wouldn't be willing to help Ventura shake things up, and try to give us the government we deserve..
edit on 29-9-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

tracehd1
But Stern?? Fudge that!!! How embarrassing. You lose credibility hanging around opportunistic, morally degenerate, individuals like Howard.

Alright, Howard Stern has a general style and approach to humor and his show. How does this equate to opportunism? Or to being a moral degenerate?

What has he done that was opportunistic? I've listened to his show for years, and that genuinely is not something I can think of to describe him. Is there a particular event or instance you have in mind that you are thinking of here?

He's morally degenerate. Ok. To be morally degenerate typically infers that you are someone who does something against the moral norms. He talks about and discusses sexual things. In what modern world do you and I both inhabit that this is against the moral norms?

Please, don't get me wrong, I am NOT attempting to imply that you're interpretation of him is incorrect, I am honestly trying to understand where you are coming from with this assertion.

tracehd1
I'm not saying Howard's not great where adult stupidity and sexual humor are concerned. ADULT!
Anything other then that... Ummm no!!!

So, you find him funny, in other words, you appreciate his sense of humor as an adult.

But this somehow is linked to him being opportunistic and or a moral degenerate?

As I asked previously, if he is morally degenerate for simply finding something funny and using it as his kitch in humor, does that reflect in any way against you? You obviously find him to be funny. But, the very thing that makes him funny, adult humor, makes him a moral degenerate.

I'm just having a hard time following your logic here....

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Do you really think Putin will take Ventura, and especially Stern, seriously? He plays with Obama like he's a bug, which he is. Putin would have these two as a snack before moving on.

I'm not saying I'd want Putin as my leader. I am saying he is a respectable leader and he is strong like a leader should be.

Stern is a degenerate. That's the biggest reason I can't stand him. Persona or not.
edit on 9/29/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Restricted

Stern is not a diplomat. He is completely inappropriate for the position he aspires to. Ventura knows how to keep a lid on it.

My stupidity. Yes, ok. I see what we're working with here.

So, you feel that he is no diplomat. Yet, Jesse Ventura, who admittedly was a Governor of the great state of Minnesota, but previously had no experience as a diplomat, would be in this role? And yet, Howard Stern, specifically by your statement, would NOT be a good diplomat?

You seem to respect Ventura, but yet you're blatantly and clearly upset over his choice for a running mate. Doesn't that kind of say something about your logic in believing that Ventura might be a good candidate?

I attempted to be civil. You threw that in the trash, my friend. I asked you honest and sincere questions. You responded with what you knew was rubbish. And then, you call me stupid?

Think it through...maybe you'll reconsider and get back to me some time, champ...

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I would be all for him as President.
He did really well when he was governor of my state.

Thing is though, as you say, TPTB would pull the same tricks they pulled with any other anti establishment people or group. Snowden, OWS etc.

I can see it now, Jesse Ventura would be called

1) A crackpot conspiracy theorist
2) A traitor living in another country.

Anything to smear him would be used to discredit him in the eyes of our fellow Americans.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Scorchio

I can't believe how many people dislike Howard Stern because of his radio persona. You realise that he's just playing a role, right? You realise that he's just giving the listening public what they want? It's a bit like being in trouble and asking Tom Cruise to help out because you can't differentiate between him and Jack Reacher.

Quoted for truth.

it's like asking William Shatner to save the world, because you think he's Captain Kirk, or hating Gary Oldman as a person, because he always plays horrible people in movies.

Stern is actually a really smart and articulate guy, and even on air....sure, he may engage in crude humor, but much like George Carlin, he says what we're thinking, and makes a lot of sense, a lot of the time...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know it kinda makes sense now that think about it. Ventura doesnt want establishment money (JP Morgan, Goldman sachs) to fund his campaign i mean what better alternative than howard stern. As for VP i'd rather have him choose andrew napalitano. all in all this looks to be an entertaining election in 2016.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Restricted

you're not doing yourself any favors by insulting people because they don't agree with you. having an opinion that differs from yours doesn't make him stupid.

that said, how do you know he's not capable of diplomacy? do you know him off-air?

and what do you mean by "keep a lid on it"?

do you mean, like, tow the party line? or sell out?

no, i doubt either of them would be doing that...

link   

watchitburn
I was bored this morning when it occurred to me that I hadn't checked out infowars in a while, so I decided to stop by and see what kind of shenanigans old AJ was up to.

I came across this gem Link

Former Governor Jesse Ventura and radio personality Howard Stern are set for a sensational 2016 presidential run.
Ventura will fly to New York this Wednesday to appear on Stern’s Sirius XM show, during which Ventura will formally request that Stern join him on the ticket.

I'm not sure what I think about it. If it does happen it will be entertaining as hell if nothing else. I don't think they could make any bigger a mess than we already have.

And they definitely couldn't be any worse than Hilary or whatever other scumbags end up running.

I'm sure some will think this would just make a complete farce of the electoral process. But aren't we there already?

What do you think ATS?

They got my vote lol

The Bot

link   

Scorchio

Shhhh....they really don't know this is all a big joke...and they are at the center of it.

Harrison Ford really is Han Solo!

Johnnie Depp is really a pirate!

Arrest them both!!! They break the LAWS!!!!

But, Jesse Ventura, a professional wrestler, hey, he must be good for America...right ?

I think I heard at one point Ben Affleck was considering running for congress...I mean, he played the CIA guy that rescued all those people in the Iran Hostage Crisis movie ARGO, right? Let's get a campaign going to put him in place as supreme Emperor of the Incorporated States of America!

Howard Stern...he tells fart jokes...why would anyone consider him ?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

You read your own meaning into my statements instead of reading objectively. This is a pointless conversation.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Daedalus
Stern is actually a really smart and articulate guy, and even on air....sure, he may engage in crude humor, but much like George Carlin, he says what we're thinking, and makes a lot of sense, a lot of the time...

I love how Howard Stern even acknowledges this zombie mentality of "HATE HOWARD STERN" when he sends staffers out on the street asking things like "Who do you hate worse, The President of Russia, or Howard Stern?"

HOWARD STERN!!!

"Who do you hate more, George Zimmerman who killed an unarmed black teenager, or Howard Stern?"

HOWARD STERN!!!

It's absolutely hilarious. People actually have allowed a puppeteers hand up their bums to operate their jaws and lips....en masse!!!

Absolutely amazing. Sheep. Does anyone remember the 90's video game Lemmings?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Restricted

You read your own meaning into my statements instead of reading objectively. This is a pointless conversation.

I read nothing into anything....your words are your words....you chose to use vague, nebulous terms, one-liners, and tried to pass opinion as fact...and when that fails, you turn to insults, and name-calling.

if you really wanted to have an intelligent discussion, you would elaborate, expand, and articulate your views in as verbose a fashion as possible, so as to ensure there was no misinterpretation.

in other words, speak plainly, or not at all.

if you would like to try this again, i would be happy to have a dialogue with you.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm not interested in debating deliberate ignorance. It is typical of the kind of mentality that elected the current leadership. If it were left up to you we would elect far more incompetent leadership than we already have.

I'd swear you're members of that league which is interested in nothing other than seeing this country crash and burn.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The U.S has become a "joke" the past 5 years, (yes and way before that) this would just add to it in the worst way.

Are these two and Hillary all this country has to offer, has the office of President of United States become so lacking in honor and integrity that anybody from any side with any of these two virtue's won't have anything to do with the office of President??

You know these people have there finger on the button that could bring about the end of the world..........does that mean anything to anybody...............or has the hate and division become so imbedded in us that we don't even think about the consequences ?

edit on 29-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Restricted
Stern is a degenerate.

LABELS

LABELS labels LABELS labels LABELS

Yet I get the distinct feeling, if I asked you to demonstrate what it is about Howard Stern that you so fervently swear he is a degenerate about, you wouldn't be able to.

Are you going off of ANY first hand information, as in, "I listened to his show once and I heard him say X which upset me?". Or is it all what you've been told...and feel the need to express outrage at what others have felt because of his "words".

Yes, "words". You have proclaimed someone a degenerate over their "words". Air forced over vocal chords which result in a crude form of communication that is dependent upon not only an atmosphere, but also an atmosphere with a specific chemical makeup.

You see, I tend to find someone to be a "degenerate" over their actions, not their words or thoughts.

Let's review the word. Maybe you're not entirely certain of the accepted meaning of the word Degenerate.

de·gen·er·ate
adjective
adjective: degenerate
diˈjenərit/

having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline.
"a degenerate form of a higher civilization"

Truthfully, he doesn't offend me morally. It takes quite a bit to do that, as I stand on no pulpit and attempt to sway others to my beliefs.

What does offend me morally are unjust wars over made up circumstances, all under the banner of the US flag. A flag that I was raised to respect and honor. It is now sullied. Sullied by the actions of past elected officials. As a result, millions have died. Not only those who we claim to be our "enemies", but our own as well. Our own died for these morally offensive and unjust wars.

You get exasperated over "morally corrupt" words. I get irate over "morally unjust" wars.

Perhaps that's just the difference between you and I. What we allow ourselves to become upset over.

Go figure.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by Scorchio

Do you really think Putin will take Ventura, and especially Stern, seriously? He plays with Obama like he's a bug, which he is. Putin would have these two as a snack before moving on.

I'm not saying I'd want Putin as my leader. I am saying he is a respectable leader and he is strong like a leader should be.

Stern is a degenerate. That's the biggest reason I can't stand him. Persona or not.
edit on 9/29/2013 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

You're completely missing the point. Putin is a great leader. And the reason he is a great leader is because of what he has given to the russian people, not because of his foreign policy, not because he does judo and definitely not because he treats pondlife like pondlife.

Obama is a terrible leader because every act of his seems to be against the american people and to their detriment. Ventura is all about serving America and the american people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join