It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
They would be much harder for the media to censor

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ventura I could get behind. Stern, never.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If anything, it just prove how much of a joke it all has become.

It has to change at the core.

Just more 'entertainment' to keep us 'entertained'.

edit on 29-9-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I find it rather strange that some people are already saying that they won't vote for Ventura, and yet they don't even appear to know what his policies are.

From what i can see, he intends to overhaul foreign policy and to stop foreign aid. His argument, quite rightly, is that the US is broke and cannot afford to give the taxpayers money away. He would also stop military intervention outside of a 500 mile radius of the USA, again saving taxpayers money and to cease doing the bidding of Israel. Other policies include doing away with the NSA and returning peoples rights to privacy. He's also in favour of transparency of government information.

Don't forget that as governor of Minnesota, Ventura had a fantastic record. Wikipedia reads: As governor, Ventura oversaw reforms of Minnesota's property tax as well as the state's first sales tax rebate. Other initiatives taken under Ventura included construction of the METRO Blue Line light rail in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area, and cuts in income taxes.

And for those who try to attack his credibility because of his years in the entertainment industry, Ronald Reagan also spent a few years acting as well. This would be a great opportunity to elect the first non-party president since George Washington.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by SadistNocturne

I read it, and I agree.

Stern is a smart guy, and has been in the spotlight for about decades now. We know where he stands and what to expect. Everything else aside, he is a straight shooter who will tell it like it is and not pander to one demographic or another.

We can and have done much worse than Ventura/Stern. I say why the hell not?
Give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks...I appreciate it.

I won't be offing myself quite yet now

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Restricted

So I'll ask you, just like I asked someone else who has yet to respond...

Why exactly do you harbor so much dislike/hatred for Stern? Is there anything in particular that he has done that is so worthy of your disdain?

Would you rather he be a complete jerk like every other politician...and smile warmly...say calm soothing words to you, while reaching into your pocket at the same time he positions his hips behind yours ? Would that make him worth voting for ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

It certainly would be the proverbial 'shocker' to the establishment.

The way everything has evolved in the last 12 years, you want some sort of way to get out of it all. So many things need to change. Do we still trust Diebold counting machines?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Bring out the popcorn this'll surely be entertaining.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Scorchio
I find it rather strange that some people are already saying that they won't vote for Ventura, and yet they don't even appear to know what his policies are.

From what i can see, he intends to overhaul foreign policy and to stop foreign aid. His argument, quite rightly, is that the US is broke and cannot afford to give the taxpayers money away. He would also stop military intervention outside of a 500 mile radius of the USA, again saving taxpayers money and to cease doing the bidding of Israel. Other policies include doing away with the NSA and returning peoples rights to privacy. He's also in favour of transparency of government information.

Don't forget that as governor of Minnesota, Ventura had a fantastic record. Wikipedia reads: As governor, Ventura oversaw reforms of Minnesota's property tax as well as the state's first sales tax rebate. Other initiatives taken under Ventura included construction of the METRO Blue Line light rail in the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area, and cuts in income taxes.

And for those who try to attack his credibility because of his years in the entertainment industry, Ronald Reagan also spent a few years acting as well. This would be a great opportunity to elect the first non-party president since George Washington.

The vitriol isn't so much entirely aimed at Ventura, as it is at Stern.

People have accepted and adopted the social consciousness of an idea that he is some behemoth of subhuman behavior......yet, America's Got Talent has it's highest ratings in the last two seasons since he's hosted it....

It's like nobody wants to admit they love coc aine, and want to demonize it...

Nobody ever pays attention to his entire spiel that if you get offended by his brand of humor, you do NOT have to listen to it. Is that such a demonic and horrible thing?

I am absolutely flabberghasted at the general response in this forum. It amazes me.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can't be the only one saying this.... " whhhhaaaatttt!!!!"

I like Jesse... He's a great source for information because he's been there, done that, knows people, and doesn't go half cocked scaring the hell out if you. Every show on Conspiracy I've seen him and his team investigate is well thought out and thorough. I mean the mans a Navy Seal!!!

But Stern?? Fudge that!!! How embarrassing. You lose credibility hanging around opportunistic, morally degenerate, individuals like Howard.

I'm not saying Howard's not great where adult stupidity and sexual humor are concerned. ADULT!
Anything other then that... Ummm no!!!

I'm sick of people thinking once their in the public eye all of a sudden they can do anything.

Melissa Gorga huge example. The girl just can't sing or dance! lol

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

There are 2 observations i'd like to make re Howard Stern. Firstly, he has the means to fund Ventura's run to the presidency. Secondly, you shouldn't take the public facade too seriously. You don't do what he's done without some degree of intelligence. There's an art form in hiding it. You should focus more on the candidate and not on his running mate.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Restricted

What he said ^^^^^

But....if that was our only 3rd party vote, then why not SPRINGER and S.O. for the ticket??!

(anyone else remember THAT thread ??]

eta:.. No, I am not kidding. If Ventura/Stern was the choice for 3rd Party, then I know who'd I be writing in.
edit on 29-9-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

EartOccupant
I agree that they might do a better job!

But i'm afraid the "establishment" take the oppertuniy to put all next "alternative" (maybe capable or better) candidates down and portrait them as incapable wannabe's.

It could make you wonder who's side Jesse and Howard are on...

edit on 29-9-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

hahaha, holy s**t....let them try...

Ventura and Stern don't pull punches, or mince words.....if people try to paint them in a way they don't like, they'll have no problem letting them know EXACTLY what they think...

this is certainly a very odd ticket.....but i completely support it. they're more or less just regular americans....that's what we need in the white house...not more snobs from the aristocratic class...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

buster2010
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

Or... just Dr. Paul and Kucinich on the same ticket. I'd rather see Ventura and Stern campaign on behalf of those guys than run themselves.

Either way, it's probably better than anything else we'll see on the ticket.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

buster2010

Xeven

buster2010
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

As if the Political lifers are doing any good? No thanks Ill take Stern. The nation needs something fresh to shake it up.

Maybe you should do some checking on the lifers I mentioned. When it comes to doing the job Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap.

you can come to us and, with a straight face, say that you HONESTLY believe that Howard Stern wouldn't be an improvement over Joe Biden?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I had Jesse V. for my governor in MN. I remember he had a real dislike for the media, I mean a real dislike; no exaggeration. How did he do? He got rid of the requirement to have vehicle exhausts tested in order to get tabs every year, that was much appreciated. Other than that, I can't remember any of his accomplishments or lack thereof. He seemed more a regular guy than a career politician; he had a wife and kids and I remember for opening fishing he'd go on a lake to fish. I personally wouldn't vote for him and Stern at this point simply because I don't have the info to make an informed decision.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

He's a public pig.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Can't say I'm a fan of Stern, but as mentioned in the interview where this was revealed, he does have the funding power and popularity or some say notoriety-just depends on will that be positive for a presidential run-. Happy that he's aligning with Ventura and as mentioned about funding, but I'd rather see someone else running mate. However, then they'd have to run for President, don't believe Jesse wants to do so but instead be vice. We'll have to see what Stern has to bring to the table.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

buster2010
Maybe you should do some checking on the lifers I mentioned. When it comes to doing the job Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap.

I'm curious. What has he done that was so horrible? He's discussed taboo topics, he's used certain words that are not popular, he's had controversial guests on.

What has he done to provoke such vitriol ?

I'm not saying you're wrong for the sake of "you're just wrong"....rather, I'm trying to understand where you come from and why you are making the statements you make. Such as "Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap". Wow, really ?

Where does your hatred of him actually come from?

- SN

might be some kind of misguided reverence for politicians..

i'd rather have regular folks in the white house...maybe then, we get an executive branch that remembers that it represents the people and not corporate interests...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

EllaMarina
An actual entertaining election season? Bring it on!
I'm not sure why I dislike Howard Stern, but I'm fond of Jesse Ventura because of his attitude. We know they won't win anyway because of the monopoly that the Big Two parties have, but imagine the fun we'll all have regardless. Think Jesse will reveal anything juicy during his campaign?
Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

i don't know about all that....they can raise the money to keep up with the big two....and the duo appeals to people across the spectrum. i think they could generate a huge turnout at the polls...i wouldn't write them off as a joke ticket, i believe they could be serious contenders...assuming they get in this to win, and not just stir up issues..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join