It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

PLAYERONE01
Cool, lets fast track it. imagine howard stern VP for America, god what a cluster f.. that would be, and we think Greece is bad that is nothing compared to what would happen to america.

Fair enough. Howard Stern's radio show has offended alot of you in some shape or form.

The things he has done to advance and drive his show were a blatant attempt to advance his career. He has done this rather well, no? Americas Got Talent, anyone? Is he the same man on that show? I'd wager you'd say no.

Now, let's look at the things that our elected officials have done to advance their careers...such as sex, bribery, blackmail, organized crime involvement, lied under oath, infidelity (may or may not have advanced office, but none the less, in our society it somehow matters to constituents), drugs, etc,etc,etc,etc)...

Mayor Marion Barry of DC. President Bill Clinton. President Richard Nixon. Illinois Congressman Blagojevich.

The following all refused to testify under oath before the US Congress and resigned their positions instead of facing potential recrimination...

Michael A. Battle Director of Executive Office of US Attorneys in the Justice Department.[47]
Bradley Schlozman Director of Executive Office of US Attorneys who replaced Battle[48]
Michael Elston Chief of Staff to Deputy Attorney General Paul McNulty[49]
Paul McNulty Deputy Attorney General to William Mercer[50]
William W. Mercer Associate Attorney General to Alberto Gonzales[51]
Kyle Sampson Chief of Staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales[47]
Alberto Gonzales Attorney General of the United States[52]
Monica Goodling Liaison between President Bush and the Justice Department[53]
Joshua Bolten Deputy Chief of Staff to President Bush was found in Contempt of Congress[54]
Sara M. Taylor Aide to Presidential Advisor Karl Rove[55]
Karl Rove Advisor to President Bush[56]
Harriet Miers Legal Counsel to President Bush, was found in Contempt of Congress[54]

And lets shine the light on George H.W. Bush for a moment...

George H. W. Bush (R) President. during his election campaign, Bush denied any knowledge of the Iran Contra Affair by saying he was "out of the loop." But his own diaries of that time stated "I'm one of the few people that know fully the details ..." He repeatedly refused to disclose this to investigators and won the election. (1988)[151]
Catalina Vasquez Villalpando, (R) Treasurer of the United States. Pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and tax evasion. The only US Treasurer ever sent to prison. (1992)[152]
Iran-Contra Affair pardons. On December 24, 1992, George H. W. Bush (R) granted clemency to five convicted government officials and Caspar Weinberger, whose trial had not yet begun. This action prevented any further investigation into the matter.[153]

Caspar Weinberger Secretary of Defense under Ronald Reagan[154]
Robert C. McFarlane National Security Advisor to Ronald Reagan[154]
Elliott Abrams Asssistant Secretary of State to Ronald Reagan[154]
Clair George CIA Chief of Covert Ops[154]
Alan D. Fiers Chief of the CIA's Central American Task Force[154]
Duane Clarridge CIA Operations Officer[154]

Ok, enough Wikipedia.

Now, You were offended. I understand. I don't like everything I hear and see, either.

But, if Howard Stern has done one thing...he has done something rather amazing.

Unlike EVERY OTHER (potential) politician in the history of the world, he has shown us what I believe is truly his worst BEFORE even THINKING of running for office.

And it was merely PR stunts to maintain an audience for his show.

If he's shown his worst...doesn't that mean that we have yet to see his best?

And, for those of you who truly seethe at the thought of Howard Stern...consider this...

Jesse Ventura was hardly given the time of day, as a US State Governor, and since. He is considered a kook because he "wears a tin foil hat" and lends credence to "conspiracy theories".

Who is the ONE person who has always given Jesse Ventura the time of day. The unregulated, unedited opportunity to speak his mind?

Howard Stern.

I don't believe we've seen the real Howard Stern. Just as much as I don't believe any one of us know the "real" Barack Obama. I believe that both of these men have put on masks as much as each and every one of us do in our interactions with our bosses at work, our coworkers, our interactions with our neighbors, our interactions with our parents and family, our interactions with our children, our interactions with our spouses, our interactions with our closest friends. Do you truly behave the same in EACH AND EVERY situation I've detailed above ?

Try to look at what I've said. Try to think about it. Try to see through some social and moral conditioning that we've all been subject to. Try to put aside the feelings of offense, of hurt, and look at the simple facts.

Our current method of selecting elected officials is about as effective as monkeys doing it for us. We are part and party of a two party system that bullies and belittles attempts by "outsiders" to make it to the election. Or even to the debates (Think Ralph Nader for the Green Party, he was invited to the televised elections, but not allowed onto the stage to the debate). This needs to change.

Change starts in ourselves, and how we perceive things.

Look at how you perceive Howard Stern.

Yes, I am a fan. Yes, I do listen to his show. And yes, I believe everything I have said here.

- SN

edit on 29-9-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Well, just because I said so....now go to bed!!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

buster2010
Maybe you should do some checking on the lifers I mentioned. When it comes to doing the job Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap.

I'm curious. What has he done that was so horrible? He's discussed taboo topics, he's used certain words that are not popular, he's had controversial guests on.

What has he done to provoke such vitriol ?

I'm not saying you're wrong for the sake of "you're just wrong"....rather, I'm trying to understand where you come from and why you are making the statements you make. Such as "Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap". Wow, really ?

Where does your hatred of him actually come from?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have to agree, they couldn't be any worse than what we've got now, and maybe a lot better. There may be a lot of competition though. If Ted Cruz runs with Paul as vp that could make it real interesting.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I need to add though, that I think the vote is rigged, and our votes don't really count. That's what electronic voting machines are all about.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Agreed. As much of a douche nozzle as he is, Stern is a proponent of the foreign empire.

What is Jesse thinking?

Whats Robin going to do, become Secretary of State?

I suppose Ronnie the Limo Driver will be Secretary of Defense?

Bababooey can be the Attorney General.

Fred can be Secretary of Commerce.

Maybe he'll bring Artie back and he can serve as Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Jackie the Jokeman can be Secretary of Education. Why not, its already a joke.

Make Stuttering John Secretary of Homeland Security.

Betteljuice would be perfect as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is simply AMAZING.

If it happens, I WILL go out and actually vote for the first time in my life - not that it will make any difference at all, but it will be totally worth it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

buster2010
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

HE's rolling with Stern, cause he has unlimited resources for fundraising, and these days you need over 100 Mil to even stand a chance. Plus Stern's radio station on satelite is not governed by FCC and has no filters. He can actually fund raise on the station

I don't think anyone would take this duo seriously in politics if you ask me.

Plus its all rigged anyway

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I figure, after the #%&* we've seen in washington the past few decades, I just may vote for these guys...unless there's a Ron/Rand Paul ticket h

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I like JV and yet this is such an outrageous joke of an idea. This is nothing but distraction and to further turn truthers into a massive joke. You think your family thought you were a nutter before? Just wait.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

buster2010
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

Kinda like Obama never spent a day in office before 2008? Shock jock > Community Organizer

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Personally I think that running with HS would be a joke. So he might be on to something, I am sure there are plenty of idiot stern fans that would otherwise not vote at all that would vote for the duo.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

And they call Obamacare a trainwreck. This has 'hilarious trainwreck' written all over it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say it would be cool to see Ventura and Putin in a meeting together. Former Navy Seal and KGB, sounds like a movie script which is perfect for Washington politics.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I'd vote for them...if I was allowed to vote. Stupid felon status!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

TKDRL
Personally I think that running with HS would be a joke. So he might be on to something, I am sure there are plenty of idiot stern fans that would otherwise not vote at all that would vote for the duo.

At this point, I wish I could formally withdraw my previous thoughtful post. I spent a good deal of time thinking that through and editing it. I believe that it had a truly thought provoking message to it, in clear words.

Apparently, either nobody has read it, or they've said "nahhh, I'll pass..." and ignored it.

I am utterly amazed. But, people never fail to amaze me at the lows they'll sink to.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
An actual entertaining election season? Bring it on!
I'm not sure why I dislike Howard Stern, but I'm fond of Jesse Ventura because of his attitude. We know they won't win anyway because of the monopoly that the Big Two parties have, but imagine the fun we'll all have regardless. Think Jesse will reveal anything juicy during his campaign?
Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey! If Ted Cuze chose Howard Stern as his running mate we could have TWO shock jocks on the same ticket! Think of the half-time show!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

I read it, and I agree.

Stern is a smart guy, and has been in the spotlight for about decades now. We know where he stands and what to expect. Everything else aside, he is a straight shooter who will tell it like it is and not pander to one demographic or another.

We can and have done much worse than Ventura/Stern. I say why the hell not?
Give it a shot and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Better send them your money, so they can save you, since you wont save yourself.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

As a "celebrity" I think he is an annoying moron. Everything I have heard come out of his mouth about politics sucks. He is just another hypocrite celebrity prettymuch. I would not vote for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join