It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I was bored this morning when it occurred to me that I hadn't checked out infowars in a while, so I decided to stop by and see what kind of shenanigans old AJ was up to.

I came across this gem Link

Former Governor Jesse Ventura and radio personality Howard Stern are set for a sensational 2016 presidential run.
Ventura will fly to New York this Wednesday to appear on Stern’s Sirius XM show, during which Ventura will formally request that Stern join him on the ticket.

I'm not sure what I think about it. If it does happen it will be entertaining as hell if nothing else. I don't think they could make any bigger a mess than we already have.

And they definitely couldn't be any worse than Hilary or whatever other scumbags end up running.

I'm sure some will think this would just make a complete farce of the electoral process. But aren't we there already?

What do you think ATS?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I agree that they might do a better job!

But i'm afraid the "establishment" take the oppertuniy to put all next "alternative" (maybe capable or better) candidates down and portrait them as incapable wannabe's.

It could make you wonder who's side Jesse and Howard are on...

edit on 29-9-2013 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
With a guy like Stern ready to air pretty much anything to get his ratings up, I don't quite see how this would be a change from current or past US administrations way of doing things...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I would love to see that. And your right, they couldn't do any worse.

I was watching a video montage of Obama and this whole red line thing, his big talk, Kerrys big talk, the contradictory statements from both on the subject, and Obama tucking his tail between his legs on the whole subject. My first thought was, "Wow I just saw a three-ringed circus in three minutes." and laughed.

I would say, at least I'd hope Ventura's presidency would be a whole lot more transparent than the present.

You think we'd finally get Disclosure???? Ahh, I know, there I go thinking again.......hate it when that happens.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ya know. I would actually vote for them to shake up our corrupt useless government. I wish more of their ilk would run for Senate, house etc...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

buster2010
Well Ventura would have gotten my vote. If he picks Stern as his VP has may as well not waste his time. He should try to get Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich not some useless shock jock that has never spent a day in office.

As if the Political lifers are doing any good? No thanks Ill take Stern. The nation needs something fresh to shake it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So I guess that means we'll now be reading a whole lot of defamatory articles about Jessie from now on, huh? Jessie has the respect of a lot of people, and I bet he'd make a decent pres.

I hope he's not serious about H.S. though. That would put Howard too much out of his element. I could just see him on the campaign trail too, lol, blowing off people, exploding at critics or people who would question him. Nah, Jessie must not be serious about Howard.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
While I like Jesse Ventura, i really don't like Howard Stern at all.

I hope that this a joke, but then again, I wouldn't rule out voting for them in an actual election, as I would imagine that both would be very vocal in calling out the establishment phonies in each party.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Would have thought Hulk Hogan would have been the better choice for a political tag team so they could at least call themselves the Ministry of Pain or something.

That said:

Due to Ventura’s refusal to entertain the notion of taking money from special interests, Stern, whose radio show brings in around $100 million a year, will be in charge of fundraising.

Source

Initially I thought it might just be Ventura acknowledging there isn't a hope in hell of getting in, and wanting to make as loud a scene as possible but ... I can't think of a better funding partner for Ventura. Stern has opinions, but I can't seen Ventura being accused of forcing through legislation to legalize the mandatory oiling of midgets or the launching of Chaz Bono into the sun.

So long as Stern sticks to bank rolling and doesn't try a war and peace speech they should be fine. (I think Stern will try a war and peace speech at some point)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I agree with EO. A move like this will provide the fodder for the establishment to paint ALL third-party/alternative options as entertainment-only sideshow freaks. The slim hope we have is to get a qualified, non-Rep/Dem aligned alternative that can finally sweep the two-party mafia out of politics. This isn't going to help.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Cool, lets fast track it. imagine howard stern VP for America, god what a cluster f.. that would be, and we think Greece is bad that is nothing compared to what would happen to america.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'd hope that every american gets behind them.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same sword. With every new president, you guys lose more and more of your civil rights, and face a constant attack from government on your constitutional rights. You have foreign policy and the FR which are slowly bankrupting you and your country.

Ventura and Stern may not be the best politicians you have, but being a great politician never got Ron Paul into the White House. What they seem to be is two honest guys who want the best for the people and the country. That alone, gives them a huge advantage over the other candidates.

From where i'm standing, this looks like fantastic news for every american.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Xeven

buster2010

As if the Political lifers are doing any good? No thanks Ill take Stern. The nation needs something fresh to shake it up.

Maybe you should do some checking on the lifers I mentioned. When it comes to doing the job Stern isn't worthy of carrying their jockstrap.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

True. But there are other far more qualified options. I was a huge Ron Paul supporter but his unwillingness to separate himself from the Republican party was the last straw for me. The idea that any President could 'reform' either party from inside is either certifiably naïve or plain ignorant. We need a purge. Gary Johnson is legit. And there are undoubtedly others who come forward if they thought The People would seriously back them. It's a MASSIVE financial risk to run for President and we need to show the legitimate alternatives that we're not as stupid as we've made ourselves appear.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

PLAYERONE01
Cool, lets fast track it. imagine howard stern VP for America, god what a cluster f.. that would be, and we think Greece is bad that is nothing compared to what would happen to america.

You mean we aren't already on that track with the establishment politicians that we've had for decades? It's not already a cluster F#?

And if I'm being honest, my rationale regarding voting for them even if Howard Stern was going to be V.P, is that Howard cannot possibly be any worse than Joe Biden has been.

If one good thing has happened by having the two knuckleheads in office that we currently do, it's that people can see that regardless of who is in the Oval Office, Congress will make sure that this country goes down the drain at the same speed, if not faster.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: They All Need To Be Removed From Office As Soon As Possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Well, that gives The Onion and Comedy Channel material for the campaign season.

Now, seriously, who is the 3rd choice gonna be?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
LOL, yea I can see it already, him taking out his opposition with his signature move, "Body Breaker" and "Inverted Bear hug"...EPIC

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Arnie123
LOL, yea I can see it already, him taking out his opposition with his signature move, "Body Breaker" and "Inverted Bear hug"...EPIC

I would pay to see him do that to some of these guys. He would need a female valet to handle Hillary though, because technically, she's a woman.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Unintended pre-edit release of final document.

Please ignore these redactions!

Move on to the next post, which is the one this was intended to be !

- SN
edit on 29-9-2013 by SadistNocturne because: Umm, I F$%#%d up....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join