It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God" says 9.7 Earthquake Coming to West Coast USA on Oct 3, 2013

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I think this can be a subset of the "Do Christian prophecies authentically exist?" as a subset of this thread. Certainly Noah's prophecy of the great flood was an accurate and fulfilled prophecy.

BO, thanks for posting that informative. I am not a bible scholar nor an avid reader of the book anymore. It was nice to get a little perspective on the ages used in the bible.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, 10 minutes to midnight, and the west coast remains as was.

And yet another one bites the dust. Yay!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What is sad is that people let false prophets who claim to follow Jesus and the bible create doubt about the bible and Jesus because of their false prophecies. Maybe this is why we have so many scoffers because too many people believe every dream or thought is from God, when it is not.

Then again, most people want to disbelieve the bible because it requires personal responsibility and a set of standards they don't like, so any opportunity to throw doubt into the mix is welcome to them.

No man knows the day nor hour of any event, and yet people get all up in a twist over every little prediction. Sometimes I wish stoning were still an option.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Only a retard would believe the word of God

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Then again, most people want to disbelieve the bible because it requires personal responsibility and a set of standards they don't like, so any opportunity to throw doubt into the mix is welcome to them.

No. The golden rule works really well when put into practice. In fact if it were the only rule it would very likely work just fine if it were adhered to. Nothing else would be required. The problem comes when people want to dictate "morality".

The Bible (you're supposed to capitalize it, BTW, that's one of the rules) is a compilation of stories. Some of them make sense and a lot of them don't. It isn't to be "believed." It can be used to stimulate thought but it is not the sole stimulus of thought.

edit on 10/4/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interesting here I thought the Bible was just a key to hopefully get through the golden arches. :-) It is the one and only book that can be interpreted in as many ways as there are humans. It really Is a fantastic account of early oral histories.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
That's really funny. Just when was the last time you were dictated morality? Was it when someone told you not to smoke? Was it when someone said not to eat meat? Was it when someone said you have to buy healthcare insurance? Or was it that really annoying bible thumper saying to be honest and not fornicate? I mean talk about hypocrisy!

Everyone has an opinion and yet it seems if it's a Christian's opinion then it's time to do a hatchet job on them and their beliefs. I would just love to see the same brush you tar Christians with used on all the other know it all experts on life.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I got the impression your questions were directed at me. On that impression:

Just when was the last time you were dictated morality?
I don't know. My eyes glaze over and I don't pay attention when it happens.

Was it when someone told you not to smoke?
No. I never smoked. But I think that's more a matter of health than morality.

Was it when someone said not to eat meat?
That might be it. I listen and decided...nah!

Was it when someone said you have to buy healthcare insurance?
Politics, not morals.

Or was it that really annoying bible thumper saying to be honest and not fornicate?
Actually, no one has ever said that to me. "Fornication" I have no problem with, but adultery, now that is a different matter and it relates directly to the golden rule. How do you view "fornication" as a moral issue?

I would just love to see the same brush you tar Christians with used on all the other know it all experts on life
Can you point out where I tarred Christians with any brush at all?

Tell me, what is your take on the morality of homosexuality?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Phage
As time goes on you may find that its approach becomes slower and slower and slower and slower...
You may find that you are gone before time is.

Conceivable. Doubtful, imho.

Because:

1. I take Mat 24 to indicate that in the era in which Israel becomes a nation again in a day as predicted elsewhere in the text . . . that era . . . WILL SEE all the other END TIMES era prophecies fulfilled.

2. So far, that expectation is spot on. The sequences--as best as we can remotely figure them out--seem to be playing out accordingly.

3. The events predicted for this era have been increasingly fulfilled to the letter data point after data point as this era races on toward Armageddon.

e.g. after Israel's formation:

A) the Arab states seeking her destruction . . . but failing in that goal

B) Israel discovering deeply buried treasure of great wealth and benefit to her (natural gas and maybe some oil)

C) the earth benefitting greatly through Israel. IIRC, 75% of the Nobel Laureates are of Israeli/Jewish ancestry.

D) Israel causing the desert to bloom again . . . before Israel--the Arabs had little use for the area's geography. Relatively very few lived there. ONLY AFTER Israel began to cause the land to bloom and produce again did the Arabs become jealous and want it back.

E) The nations the Bible predicted to line up against Israel toward her destruction have now formed alliances exactly as predicted.

There's a significant number of other such examples but that's all I'm up to at the moment off the top of my head.

4.0 THE TREND LINES of the satanic globalist tyrannical oligarchy toward overt establishment of the satan worshiping global government CANNOT . . . certainly WILL NOT . . . CONTINUE INDEFINITELY. It is just not the nature of human, much less mass movement TREND LINES to do so.

4.1 i.e. the peaks of said trend lines MUST peak FAR EARLIER than your construction on END TIMES realities would indicate.

4.2 ALREADY, just in the quotes of the elite in these links reveal more or less THE REST OF THE BIBLILCAL PREDICTIONS ARE ON THEIR AGENDA FOR LITERAL FULFILLMENT:

twoday.net...

twga...

e.g.

18. "No one will enter the New World Order unless he or she will make a pledge to worship Lucifer. No one will enter the New Age unless he will take a Luciferian Initiation." David Spangler, Director of Planetary Initiative, United Nations

129."It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day" Jacques-Yves Cousteau, oceanographer and humanist, The UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1991, page 13

130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

4.3 The Biblically predicted for this era: Mark of the Beast is on their agenda.

4.4 The massive population reduction Biblically predicted for this era is on their agenda.

4.5 The extermination of Christians Biblically predicted for this era is on their agenda.

4.6 Massive famines Biblically predicted for this era is on their agenda

5.1 As one can observe with the rush by the Narcissist In Chief--toward utter destruction of the USA enabling all the easier and faster overt establishment of the satanic oligarchy as the one world government with their one world religion ultimately DEMANDING worship of satan on pain of extermination otherwise . . . THE OLIGARCHY WILL NOT DELAY IN THEIR RUSH TOWARD FULFILLING ALL the Biblical prophecies slated for the END TIMES about their doings. As can be observed with the Destroyer In Chief in D.C., they are accelerating their press toward their ultimate goals--NOT SLOWING THEM DOWN AT ALL!

= = = = = = = = = = =

Further food for thought on the topic of fulfilled Biblical prophecies:

FORMER PRESIDENTS GLOBALIST QUOTES:

www.wakingtimes.com...

AARON RUSSO LINKS ON YOUTUBE:

www.youtube.com... -2.2.0...0.0...1ac.k0x6JufFVGw

NAVAL SOCIAL ENGINEERING PDF

www.movesinstitute.org...

NAVAL POST GRADUATE SCHOOL RELATED TO SOCIAL ENGINEERING

www.movesinstitute.org...

ANCIENT PROPHECIES REVEALED: 500 PROPHECIES LISTED IN ORDER OF WHEN THEY WERE FULFILLED:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380471442&sr=1-10&keywords=CHRISTIAN +PROPHECY

Even the massive degree of ATTACHMENT DISORDER was predicted in the Bible for this era:

ATTACHMENTS: WHY YOU LOVE, FEEL AND ACT THE WAY YOU DO

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339042498&sr=1-2

As is God's remedy that's yet to be fulfilled.

HISTORY OF POP CONTROL EXPERIMENTS AND ACTIONS:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

DIMITRU DUDUMAN’S VISIONS
CHINA AND RUSSIA ATTACK:

www.handofhelp.com...

DR DEL TACKETT:

THE TRUTH PROJECT:

YOUTUBE LISTING:

www.youtube.com... 2.2380.8j5j2j2.20.0...0.0...1ac.Jc-AQaiJHTI

WHAT IS TRUTH:

www.youtube.com...

= = = =

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Former very hostile to Christianity and atheist Josh McDowell's NEW EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT

www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss_1/189-1649157-7657829?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=MORE+THAN+A+CARPENTER#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url= search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=NEW+EVIDENCE+THAT+DEMANDS+A+VERDICT&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3ANEW+EVIDENCE+THAT+DEMANDS+A+VERDICT

and former agnostic/atheist investigative journalist Lee Strobel's

THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380875839&sr=1-7&keywords=THE+CASE+FOR+CHR IST+LEE+STROBEL

Might give you some very substantive food for thought and reconsideration.

Faith kind of precludes a kind of massively comprehensive 1,000 data point ABSOLUTE unarguable PROOF.

However, given the mathematic involved in various probabilities . . . the ABSOLUTE PROOF IS THERE for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

The historical record is far more than 'mere oral histories.'

And, as many Native American tribes and other world tribal groups have demonstrated to anthropologists . . . oral histories CAN be incredibly accurate.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

If you look for something hard enough you're bound to find it.
That doesn't mean it's real. It means you're twisting the world to fit your version of reality.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sometimes . . . my idle musings have wondered . . . if after massive world wide quakes predicted for this era . . . perhaps such as that predicted in the OP

and after Armageddon . . .

what would it be like for the only laws to be:

1. Love God wholly.

2. Love others as yourself.

3. Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

Certainly everything else stems from those, as Christ declared.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I see #3 as the only one that really makes sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually, imho,

the sorts of data points I was referring to . . . are not the kind that one finds from looking hard.

They are the kind that slap one upside the head whether one wants to admit it, or not.

I can appreciate that such a perspective as you articulated in that post . . . does . . . afford one a LOT of . . . uhhhh . . . room to ignore.

And, sadly, unfulfilled prophecies e.g. the ones in the OP also proffer a lot of justification to ignore a lot of facts. That is sad, indeed.

edit on 4/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by BO XIAN

I see #3 as the only one that really makes sense.

My suspicion on that score is

that THAT perspective is much a function of a lack of an authentic, alive, meaningful, impactful, tangible RELATIONSHIP with THE BOSS.

#3 only makes sense as a natural outflow of 1 & 2.

Without 1 & 2, one may as well shoot you as give you flowers; stuff hamburger up one's rear as feed one. NOTHING else makes any sense whatsoever without 1.

And without 2, #3 is horribly anemic, at best. imho.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Whoa back up the train .... first off the third temple has not been built and the mosque still stands any who...who said oral histories were bad or fake? Eh Mr. Defensive pants. Don't doubt for an instant that I don.t know the Bible. For I know it well and the hyper Christian apocalyptic view. Let me ask you a simple question? Are you a believer in the rapture? I really can debate religion all day but that would be for another forum. THIS one is about 3supposed ppl having a vision for a catastrophe on a particular day and if you know your scripture then you should also know that there are many false prophets yet here you are...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

And without 2, #3 is horribly anemic, at best. imho.

Your "ho" is noted.
I disagree and state unequivocally that #3 is the only rule that ultimately determines the success of a society and the happiness of its members.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think that for #3, the Golden Rule to operate with effective functionality . . .

loving others as one's self is necessary because

otherwise

in my observational and other experience

folks may go through the motions of appearing to do unto others as a kind of . . . 'manipulating the system' to a degree for a time.

That's certainly better than overt destructiveness.

However, sooner or later, folks wake up to the shallowness of pretend Golden Rulism. And then they resent it. And then they rebel, every man for himself.

I don't think it's possible to have authentic, truly lastingly functional Golden Rule

RULE

apart from loving others as one's self.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

I think Holly Deyo articulates my perspective on The Rapture better than most:

HOLLY DEYO’S RAPTURE DOC REFUTING DARBY NONSENSE ETC:

www.standeyo.com...

BTW, I've not observed . . . wrote knowledge of the Bible to necessarily mean a lot. The devil knows it better than most Christians and it doesn't make him any nicer.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm going to assume English is a second or third language for you because I.m not sure what your Elucidating in your response? Was I unkind? Am I evil? Lol you are but a sinner too.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join