It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Adversity Linked to Higher Risk of Early Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Traumatic childhood experiences are linked to an increased risk of early death, according to new research using data from the 1958 National Child Development Study.

The men and woman who suffered threw adversity as a child were more likely to die before the age of 50 then the ones who have not faced such situations.

In all it goes to show that traumas have more of an affect then the know phycological side witch is more apparent. It can damage your physical health.

TOXIC STRESS

Children need supportive adults

not a stress of a bad day, or simple examples like that

"stress assisted of chronic activation of systems, waring the body down"

school failure, economic independence, and life long health problems.

www.sciencedaily.com...

edit on 29-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well if the childhood abuse leaves such emotional+psychological scars,such pain that it leads to substance abuse,alcoholism,a life of crime eg-that right there is a great killer+i have personally lost friends+aquaintances through those very things.
However it can work another way,if you can avoid the alcohol+tranx or illegal drug route,and work out your pain,or learn to live with it without self-destructing-you do come out a helluva lot stronger than kids who had it beloved+easy peasy,or not so terribly hard.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Well then.. that's it.. I'm stuffed.

only 8.6 years left

bollocks, all my rellies died around 50 too. stupid buggers.

Thanks.. it just means I have to squeeze in so much more inane rambling before I hit the big 50.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I watched some of the video and tried to skip the bits that were on the politics . I was looking for their results.
I am 45 and I have been to the doctors and have been told I am not well, auto immune. This is difficult as I have been called damaged by other people , so some clever people can recognize that my real self ? has been altered by what happened when I was young and being imprinted. The flight or fight response . Neither were avalible to me. When you can't run away or fight back and stand up for yourself you must take it inside .
I thought and was told as a teenager that I would have a long life . But now I am not so sure ,time will tell lol.
Also my father died in his 50s , though I hardly ever spoke with him and did not know him my mother told me he had a hard life as a kid.
1%

top topics

join