It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual North-American Artifacts.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Thanks! I'm taking some college courses so that has improved my research skills some. I'm mostly doing computer courses (AAS Computer Science) right now but I am transferring to Montana State University to earn a BS in Anthroplogy/Archaeology so while not a professional (yet!) I do have alot of interest in the subject.

Spider879, Thank you for posting that zoomed out pic. It does help a lot with context. I agree with kimish on this one, it does appear to be woven baskets. The Templar myth in regards to this chapel and the Sinclairs seems to have come about from revisionist historians, whom claim the chapel is a "Grail" chapel. Another reason is that William Sinclair's tombstone appears to be engraved with a Templar rose and a sword. The article explains it better than I can

It has been suggested that it is incontrovertibly Templar, featuring as it does a sword and a Templar rose. Oxbrow believes the people who came to this conclusion have forgotten their history, citing many similar gravestones connected to the Lords of the Isles. Furthermore, that the Templar "rose" is more likely to be a reference to the family saint of the Sinclairs, St Catherine and her eight-spoked wheel.

Here is a pic of the tombstone

I can't say of course whether or not Sinclair was a Templar or not, for all I know he may well have been. Further reading on the chapel and Sinclair himself does have some good indicators that he may have been. I'm not a Templar historian, however, so I really don't have the time to research this in the depth that I would need to really become knowledgeable on the subject.

I suppose it doesn't really matter to this thread anyways, as William Sinclair is not the topic of the thread. The "corn" motifs were relevant, however I don't believe that is what they are so they aren't evidence of William Sinclair having been to the Americas, nor do I believe any credible evidence of the Templar's having been to America pre-Columbus, and especially during the Copper Cultures existence, exists. Even if William Sinclair was a Templar, that doesn't mean he had been here To be non-biased, here is an interesting article arguing for him being a templar article.
edit on 30-9-2013 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2013 by JJRichey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hanslune
Where did this crazy meme start where finding ancient civilizations would be black balled?

I sometimes wonder why the crazy notion continues to exist that some farmer digging in a field (or a book) could discover some incredible archeological find and that would somehow propel them to fame and fortune. By gum they'd be interviewed by all the papers and wipe the smirks from all the long-hairs at the University who called their radical theories poppycock and balderdash!

That kind of thing really hasn't happened since we had daring adventurers wandering the deserts and jungles in the late 1800's. Long before Indiana Jones. It surprises me that particular fantasy is still so prevalent. When was the last time anything even remotely like that happened?

"I'll show them and their precious SCIENCE!"

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Hanslune
Where did this crazy meme start where finding ancient civilizations would be black balled?

I sometimes wonder why the crazy notion continues to exist that some farmer digging in a field (or a book) could discover some incredible archeological find and that would somehow propel them to fame and fortune. By gum they'd be interviewed by all the papers and wipe the smirks from all the long-hairs at the University who called their radical theories poppycock and balderdash!

That kind of thing really hasn't happened since we had daring adventurers wandering the deserts and jungles in the late 1800's. Long before Indiana Jones. It surprises me that particular fantasy is still so prevalent. When was the last time anything even remotely like that happened?

"I'll show them and their precious SCIENCE!"

Good question, I'd say they would point to a few of the most contentious sites that are still being debated or remain in limbo due to non-consensus, however that is just a sign of the incessant in fighting that is a part of science, ego and facts at war with one another.

You can see something like that in regards to sites that might overturn a cherished national myth. However I cannot think of any of the top of my head other than the following, I do recall that in the early to late 20th century Japanese nationalist were against the demonstrated idea that the Emperor's relatives came from Korea instead of from a goddess - but that ended in 2000 or so when the Emperor himself said it was true.

It was rumoured at the time that the earliest Emperors tombs would not be entered to avoid evidence of that Korean association, but that is moot now.

Scientists in LDS have been accused at times of 'limiting' data that disproved the tenets of the BOM. The Saudis have destroyed sites they felt were 'not orthodox' enough or didn't match Wahhahi beliefs, like the tomb of 'Eve' at Jeddah.

The communist nations wanted their archaeologists to find and published materials that supported the idea that early man/civilizations were a communist.

However as new information comes in, things like Gobekli Tepe, the genome info and our new cousins the Denisovians and Hobbits tends to point away from a deep seated, multi-generational conspiracy to hide stuff - for no particular good reason and for the simple fact it would be impossible to do so without it being obvious.
edit on 30/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join