It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

veteran's day letter to GWB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I sent this e-mail Thursday morning, Veteran's Day because I was outraged that
that someone like George W. Bush would dare to show his face
or tread where men of honor are laid to rest.

Date: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:17:14 US/Eastern
To: [email protected]
Subject: Veteran's Day

On this day, WE THE PEOPLE
honor the brave young men and women
who have sacrificed their lives in the name of freedom.

On this day, I honor my father,
who served 23 years for this great nation.

He now rests in peace on the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery.

A place where you Mr. President,
should be ashamed to show your face.

You and your administration have used our brave young soldiers
as expendable pawns, only as a means to insure the wealth of billionaires.

You and those who support your twisted agenda are now
jeopardizing everything these brave souls gave their lives to defend.

As an American citizen and a true patriot,
I have every right to peacefully protest
your actions and pray that The Good Lord
protects us.

God Help America!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by FallenFromTheTree]

[edit on 14-11-2004 by pantha]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This letter is disgraceful and you should be ashamed of yourself for having sent such a message to our Commander-in-Chief, who is himself a veteran of our armed forces. You have the audacity to call yourself a "true patriot?" A true patriot could have expressed his sentiments without insulting the Office of the Presidency.

I have written to the President to express my disapproval of various policies, but I have never spoken disrespectfully to the man. I feel sorry for you.

[edit on 04/11/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Kind of hard not to be ashamed of the truth.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Seemed right on to me!!

Commander-in-Chief, who is himself a veteran of our armed forces.

A Veteran????

Give me a break, he didn't even take the exam.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This letter is disgraceful and you should be ashamed of yourself for having sent such a message to our Commander-in-Chief, who is himself a veteran of our armed forces. You have the audacity to call yourself a "true patriot?" A true patriot could have expressed his sentiments without insulting the Office of the Presidency.

I have written to the President to express my disapproval of various policies, but I have never spoken disrespectfully to the man. I feel sorry for you.

You are entitled to your opinion.
My father's last tour of duty was with the inspector general's group
command post at the Pentagon.
He was decorated as a hero for saving the life of a Navy diver.

I think it's quite safe to say history will prove
that George W. Bush is not a man or honor.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

A place where you Mr. President,
should be ashamed to show your face.

Seems Right to me too,
I wonder whose name is on that black stonewall where George�s should be.

Bush a Veteran LOL; the man couldn�t even keep Texas safe from the North Vietnams
He Bailed and ran of to Alabama hahaha afraid to pee in a bottle.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Dear GradyPhilpott,

For once I agree with your idea of respect for the Office of the President. However I do not agree that any sentiment should be withheld as par a right to speak effective to a message from the heart. You can be a patriot and disagree how you choose.

This was made clear by Truman in his letter to Churchill.

President Harry S Truman to Winston Churchill

I think I have already noted this in another thread. It is relevant here. We face the difference between totalitarianism and liberal values. The notion of liberal does not refer to stereotyped propaganda, but to the same concept given in the Scowcroft Commission Report as facing then the Soviets. If someone feels ashamed of Bush, he should know that sentiment in wishing that the person not feel ashamed of him in the future. A President has to listen, even John Ashcroft spoke so eloquently about that in his recent discussions in a Federalist Forum. I agree that the form of the above letter is just a bit off the wall for purposes of composing an enlightened notion of disagreement with the policies of the President. Nonetheless our brilliant people at the White House who pass along messages to the President know how to sum the tenor of the feelings of the people. His more enlightened form, I assure everyone here is well heard.

Respectfully,
Skip Shipman

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You will note that I have written letters of my disapproval of national policy, as well and I have never insulted the President--not even brother Clinton.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I like the letter and it tell the truth like it or not, we have a president in the white house that have not clue as the suffering and indignities he is causing to our troops and to the people in Iraq with his bad judgement.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

You will note that I have written letters of my disapproval of national policy, as well and I have never insulted the President--not even brother Clinton.

Dear Grady,

I was referring to the original topic thread, that should be clear with a careful reading. Thanks for your thoughts.

All the best,

Skip

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One is entitled to respect the office of the presidency
without respecting the man.

I CAN NOT respect a man who sends 18 year old kids into harms way
to secure the blatant exploitation of oil reserves.
Or respect a man who uses those with serious injuries
at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as a publicity stunt
before sending many more to risk their lives in Fallujah
only days after a highly questionable election.

I did my best to keep a civil tongue
while clearly wishing to express my disgust for his actions.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do you people that send emails and letters to the president actually think he reads them??

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Actually now that Mr. Bush is in the white house for a second time he probably cares not for anything at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh well. Another day another trendy pissed off letter to the president using cliche insults and repeating the same age-old rhetoric of half-truths and spin. I'm seen so many of these posts that it really doesn't even annoy me anymore.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Oh well. Another day another trendy pissed off letter to the president using cliche insults and repeating the same age-old rhetoric of half-truths and spin. I'm seen so many of these posts that it really doesn't even annoy me anymore.

Perhaps you find comfort in a different trend

More than 260,000 brave souls are laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well, I hope you feel better, although I wonder why you chose to share these particular sentiments with the board, given that you want to honor your father.

The president was fulfilling one of his duties by attending Veterans Day activities. It's a good thing that Kerry didn't win the election, because I'd hate to see what kind of poison pen letter you'd honestly have to write next year.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
One is entitled to respect the office of the presidency
without respecting the man.

I CAN NOT respect a man who sends 18 year old kids into harms way
to secure the blatant exploitation of oil reserves.
Or respect a man who uses those with serious injuries
at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as a publicity stunt
before sending many more to risk their lives in Fallujah
only days after a highly questionable election.

I did my best to keep a civil tongue
while clearly wishing to express my disgust for his actions.

Dear "FallenFromTheTree,"

I hope you could be the difference, also our readers here. There is an effective way to express exactly what you are thinking, another Truman idea, so to help Bush get himself and the country out of this mess. Please do not give up on the man just because of what he has allegedly done, until election fraud is uncovered, exposed, and until the electoral college decides, he is the only President we have got at least until January 20, 2005. You would not be writing him a letter if you had given up on the man. What I also mean is never give up, and transform you feelings into at least the possibility for a change for the better.

The proper form for a letter to the President as shown in many English books is:

Your Name
Your Street Address
Your State, City etc. and Zip Code

Date eg. November 14, 2004
The President
The White House
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President,

Your message. Try to keep it about a page if you can.

Repectfully Yours, or Respectfully

Signature

Your Name

Comment:
Keep everything centered, your address at the top goes at the center of the letter, along with the date then your closing "Respectfully Yours," and Signature and typed Signature. (It does not format properly here) Don't write to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue like they tell you at the White House web site, keep it to English Composition specifications. Try to have spell correction, good grammar, write down exactly what you are thinking, then make any revisions. Try to be eloquent if you want, but use your imagination and tell him exactly what you are thinking.

After all this, believe me, listen to the President when he speaks, your message will come through somewhere. And if we are all lucky, he will change his "disastrous," policy just that much more for the better.

Typing things out clear and correctly, is like wearing an expensive suit. Maybe writing on a legal pad works too, but it is always better to do your best. That does not mean agreeing with everything the President is doing. It means speaking as well you you can with your talents and thoughts.

Before you send your letter, read it over and over again, maybe even hundreds of times. Even a small change to be clear could make a big difference, even inspiring a change of mind and heart for our leadership. You never really know until you just do it, and do it well.

All the best,
Skip Shipman

[edit on 14-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Actually, I feel terrible but do understand your point of view.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

top topics

join