It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More strange martian rocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
SOL 198:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
I think mars has some of the most interesting rocks I`ve ever seen.It does have a much different environment than earth so I shouldn`t be surprised to see rocks so much different than earth`s, but sometimes when I look at mars rocks I just have to say, Hmmmmmmmmm.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Couldn't see much in most of them, but my eyes not what they used to be.
But this one looks like its got two eyes and half a leg

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Looks like the most interesting, i;m going to go around take pictures of rocks in the desert. Then compare it to marinas rock pictures, if i cant see faces in my pictures in rocks, then i know it could be real. if i see faces everywhere.
edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They all look like normal rocks.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Lets go take pictures in the desert

start a tread that compares earth rocks to Martian, then boom you end it for the time being
edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I agree, they look like normal rocks to me.

But still, they're on another planet and we're on this one, and we're looking at them..

That in and of itself, has to be something amazing.

Cheers for more things I'd not have looked it normally - I've got loads of panoramas that I've spliced together from the various scenes, but I never zoom in unless I'm particularly interested in a feature.

Always interesting to see things as others see them..

--eta

well, earth..

edit on 28-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

When you say normal rocks do you mean normal in the sense that you have seen rocks like that on earth?

You`ll never see a rock like this on earth:

A rock like that is only possible in low gravity environments,on earth that rock would have collapsed from it`s own weight due to the gravity here on earth.
I still haven`t figured out why portions of the top of that rock are reflecting much more sunlight than the surrounding rock and sand.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
To me, this one from your picture number 5 is what is mostly standing out...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

No, I mean, that for an extra terrestrial land scape, I see nothing out of the ordinary apart from really interesting features, much like you point out.

But they're still common over there. I just wanted to make that point, as usually there is a preponderance toward assuming the things being looked at are somehow unique or impossible, and some folk on here can't help but jump over the obvious to get to the fantastic stuff.

I'm with you however.

The composition of the rocks etc, unless known before hand, are why we assume some things about them too. Many different minerals will give off very different appearances within the same rocks. I've got a bixbite (I think.. everyone who can answer that is dead now) stone in a gold ring. It's dark red, but when held up against a light source, it's blood red and you can see through it. It's the impurities in the stone that give it the deep red, as the actual stone can vary.

I'm just still fascinated that we can sit here and look at something so far away that not a single one of us could walk to or fly to or swim to if we ever wanted to. And I admit there are some features that make my head throb..

new topics

top topics

join