It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Satan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This BBC article covers sixty years of Iran–US relations in bite-sized chunks. The facts it presents are easily verified on the internet or at your local library.

It is very clear from the article who has been the aggressor, and who the victim.

To my mind, the Iranian people are completely justified in referring to the USA as the Great Satan.

edit on 28/9/13 by Astyanax because: of a minor preposition.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Read the article and even if I gave a crap about the BBC's reporting I don't see the great satan connection. Speaking of the BBC, the USA has a long way to go to even approach the British Empire's control and conquests of yesteryear. Just saying!

Just another boring hate the USA thread, ho hum move along.
edit on 28-9-2013 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

“It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may… actually had a seperation [sic] of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned.” – George Washington, 1st President of the United States (1789–1797), from a letter that Washington wrote on October 24, 1798, which can be found in the Library of Congress. For an analysis of Washington’s warning, see the article “Library of Congress: George Washington Warns of Illuminati”

The Rothschilds can start or prevent wars. Their word could make or break empires.

From the days of Spartacus, Weishophf, Karl Marx, Trotski, Belacoon, Rosa Luxenburg, and Ema Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th Century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire.

The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses.

btw if u were wondering on source. the last quote was Albert Einstein

Even if we were the "great satan" its not because of us. but the people who control what laws take place and who we war with

www.thehealersjournal.com...

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

mute it, trust me the music sucks

edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It's all in bite sized chunks.

Thats the problem with the BBC, its ALL bite sized chunks, they never go into anything in depth, they just feed you a snippet then move straight on to another snippet, the viewer never gets chance to think about what they've just been TOLD.

I'm not commenting on the OP, just dont use the BBC as evidence for ANYTHING! they're worse than GLP.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thats the problem with the BBC, its ALL bite sized chunks, they never go into anything in depth.

Never the less, as I mentioned in the OP,

The facts it presents are easily verified on the internet or at your local library.

The people of Iran have suffered from Great Power meddling for a very long time. It began in 1796, at which point America was not even a player in geopolitics. The British and Russians manoeuvred for influence and control in Iran throughout the nineteenth century; they called it the Great Game. In 1907 they split the country up into 'spheres of influence', disregarding the fact that it already had its own government — a constitutional monarchy with consultative institutions, no less.

During the First World War, Iran was occupied by the British, the Russians and the Ottomans, despite its declared neutrality. In 1941, the British and Russians jointly invaded the country to pre-empt any attempt by the Axis to make use of Iranian oilfields. After the war, the Russians refused to leave and had to be thrown out.

The anti-Mossadegh coup was the first instance of direct American involvement. Since then, however, America has taken over the role once played by Britain in the oppression of Iran and her peoples by the West.

The history of Western relations with Iran is a catalogue of shame, and for sixty years the leading culprit has been the United States. That doesn't exonerate the other powers, but it is currently the most salient fact concerning those relations and the main point of my original post.

edit on 28/9/13 by Astyanax because: we need space! Space!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

G20=

Great Satan.
No Mystery S or $ is the 20th alphabet.

edit on 28-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Is this a good thing? GREAT satan? As opposed to the little satan wot never does much but scares babies and pops balloons.. steals a candy bar and laughs.. runs in front of a car only to disappear at the last moment, frightens old ladies from behind their darkened windows??

He's a bit annoying, probably called the Annoying Satan.

but the GREAT satan.. man, what does he do? Must be .. I dunno.. Great!

Ahh stupid religion.. haha

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

superluminal11

G20=

Great Satan.
No Mystery S or $ is the 20th alphabet.

edit on 28-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

Blimey, it's an amazing thing that we invented the alphabet then.. to fit in the the devils plans.

Whew, close call..

But uhh, does that mean only English speaking persons should worry? I mean.. Oo some languages are completely different.

Oh never mind, it's in the bible. They spell it with an S. King James' fault. Lets rant!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So, What's in your wallet?

Judge not, and you will not be judged.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I reject reductive oversimplifications of that kind. Who are the G20? The richest and most powerful nations on the planet. The rich and powerful have always oppressed the poor and helpless. It has been the same since time immemorial.

It is only due to the invention of democracy and Christianity, the spread of consultative institutions through early Islam and the very recent (by no means universal) acceptance of the principles of universal human rights and gender equality that things are any different today. However, I note that many G20 countries do indeed champion democracy, consultative institutions, human rights and gender equality — at least in theory — so the true picture is rather more nuanced than simply 'G20 equals Great Satan'.

All the same, thank you for participating in the thread. The point of view you represent is popular, and therefore important for this discussion.

edit on 28/9/13 by Astyanax because: I had to degarble it.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

runs in front of a car only to disappear at the last moment

This happened to me once when I was driving at night through the jungle. The road was narrow blacktop without streetlights. Something like a large bird or bat flew out of the bush to my left, moving very fast, apparently stooping for something in the middle of the road. I thought I'd hit it head-on — but there was no impact, and when I examined the front of the car later, no trace of a collision. I'd been doing about 80km/h at the time.

Welcome to the thread, winofiend. I shall expect to read some of your incisive, insightful comments on the topic in, what, eight hours or so? I hear drinking lots of water helps.

Must have been a great barbie.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I've watched Four Lions. Sums up all Arabs to me. I even met a Christian one, who was just as arrogant and aggressive in attitude as those who are militant Islamist s. I'ts just inbuilt in their culture and psyche.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I do not follow those inbreeding miscreants that chase the leather skinned off a cow and inflated with air wot call themselves Sports people.

They are strange and confusing to me. I can only assume this is what you refer to. Go Go the Freo Dockers. Go away... Oo -- they did say that Fremantle would open the pub doors at 7am and allow drinking. man.. only after I've sobered up do they do this. Cest la vie...

I see you snared me there... my foot is stuck in this rope. Tricky devil...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Astyanax
This BBC article...

Woah nilly...

It NEVER ceases to amaze me whenever someone here cites MSM propaganda as a credible source.

The sheer IRONY of people who quote MSM mind control AKA "NEWS" boggles the mind.

This IS a conspiracy site the last time I checked, is it not?

HOW can people be so gullible on ATS of all places?

WHY is it so hard for people to realize that If it's in the "news", it's propaganda?

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Iranians aren't Arabs.

Fictional feature films are not a reliable source of historical or cultural facts.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

This isn't news, Murgatroid, it's history.

You are welcome to verify the facts for yourself.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Astyanax
You are welcome to verify the facts for yourself.

Been there, done that...

A spade is a spade regardless of WHAT you call it.

Believe the "news" and get played.

I choose not to.

The truth will NEVER be found in the MSM.

One example is the quotes I just gave you.

You have the truth.

It's useless though until you actually believe it.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Why not look at history for yourself then? and then try to come up with some facts to deny what the BBC are saying instead of trying to denigrate the OP's message with a few quotes that everyone has heard before. It is history, Iran has not been a country that seeked war only to defend itself. You may not believe in their system of government or beliefs but the fact remains that they do not interfere with any other country's issues.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

In fact..if you look at it it..you are both on the same page as the US is run by the satan you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
LOL Im sorry, and Im not sure if this is on topic or not, but did anyone look at the address for this particular article?

...dle-east-24316661

edit on 29-9-2013 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join