It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fireball Reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just got home and logged into my facebook only to see several reports of another large fireball/meteor. This was seen at least over Chattanooga, Tn, which is my location. Disappointing for me considering I was outside at the time and didn't see it!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Shoot, I better get outside already and catch the show

Lots of action as of late and lots more to come. Will be a rare next few months in the sky

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
craziness!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

A Cheesy, hold the cheese, fireball over the U.S. thread.

SnF
edit on 28-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is from tonight, last night or whenever because there is no description. It does appear that it was just posted as it only had 50 views at the time I just watched it. I know that may mean nothing either, but still seems to be footage taken from a plane? Air force perhaps?

Anyhow, just throwing this out there. I am curious as to what the second light is that travels with it. I thought it was just a star at first until I saw the trail behind it later. Anyone have any idea? It did say caught on "Binding Video" but I am clueless to what that means.....

eta: YouTube LINK HERE
edit on 9/28/13 by onehuman because: added link

edit on 9/28/13 by onehuman because: added thought

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Looks like Enfield Ct spotted one too... I love this site ( lately )

American Meteor Society

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Busy day. Went out at 8:30 and came in at 9:30 and so on yes you all get the point. Counted 3 shooting stars and slew of satellites. Past 4 weeks have not been a let down. Seen more previously than 39 years combined. I LOVE IT!

But still have not caught a Bolide meteor yet. Kinda bummed. Lucky for me this device is portable and sky is cloudless. A wee bit hazy. But this is Pittsburgh.

Keep looking folks. Our solar system is dipping into the murky part of our galaxy.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Hayabusa probe re-entry. The leading light is the return capsule itself.
June 13, 2010

edit on 9/28/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And that's according to Opua97 in the comments section under the video at You Tube. Thanks for posting that...this one definitely didn't fit a fireball.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

That would be me.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Rezlooper

That would be me.

lol, I kinda thought that.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
On RSOE, there is an "Event into Space" over Columbus Ohio around 3:15 am CST this morning, but nothing is coming up for the description.

I just find it kind of funny that in the past week, there have been so many reports of fireballs.

Was watching a youtube.....I know........video and it was of RT news after the Feb 14 2013 meteor, and they were saying there are at least 20 more like it on their way. Don't know.

All I know is I'm pretty Miffed, a lot of sightings in my neck of the woods, and haven't seen one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
just saw this one on you tube and wanted to share instead of opening a new thread

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Nice, what's the date on that one? I couldn't quite tell, but it looked like a day time fireball and it just kept on burning right out of sight! Whoa, good one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I believe that would be Adobe Aftereffects.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Rezlooper
reply to post by Dr UAE

Nice, what's the date on that one? I couldn't quite tell, but it looked like a day time fireball and it just kept on burning right out of sight! Whoa, good one.

That was this past Saturday. It was shot at the Alabama game.

I had a friend there that saw it as well.

-EDIT- Turns out this was not the one from the Bama game, will have to find the one i saw earlier.
edit on 30-9-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

thepolish1
On RSOE, there is an "Event into Space" over Columbus Ohio around 3:15 am CST this morning, but nothing is coming up for the description.

I just find it kind of funny that in the past week, there have been so many reports of fireballs.

Was watching a youtube.....I know........video and it was of RT news after the Feb 14 2013 meteor, and they were saying there are at least 20 more like it on their way. Don't know.

All I know is I'm pretty Miffed, a lot of sightings in my neck of the woods, and haven't seen one.

Hey Polish, how are you?

A lot of fireballs over the past week and throughout that part of the country. My wife saw the Fri. night fireball at about 10:30 central time up here in mid-Wisconsin while she was coming back to our hotel room from Walmart. She said it was blazing orange. I told her about the reports on here that the same fireball was seen across ten states. Must have been a good one to still blaze orange this far north.

Anyways, A lot of this activity has been near Columbus. There was the story that says a farm house that burned late Friday night in Peebles, OH, which is just south of Columbus, may have been caused by either the meteor itself or broken fragments of it. This fire killed an elderly couple.

Two dead after fire

I thought this was kind of strange and may be possibly related to all the fireball reports in that area this week. Someone posted on the Rumbling noise tracking thread that they live in Buckeye Lake, OH, which is just east of Columbus that on both Wednesday and Thursday night they were hearing the strange sky noises. He made the post on Thursday, before the reports of fireballs.

Buckeye Lake OH - I just want to report that the sky (crystal clear) noises were here last night and tonight. It sort of reminds me of what a train sounds like in the distance, but I no sooner think that, then suddenly it sounds like an engine high in the sky with an exhaust that rotates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If what I've said about methane and hydrogen sulfide gas affecting the upper layers of our atmosphere where meteors usually burn up, causing them to burn deeper and longer into the lower layers, is true, then it would make sense that our affected atmosphere may also be the cause of both brightened meteors and sky noises. I'm not a scientist, so don't ask me the how, I'm just throwing out a theory.

Here's the thread with this theory;

Fireballs, comets and asteroids, oh my!
edit on 30-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

top topics

join