It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we entering into a new Age of Enlightenment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was watching this documentary about the French Revolution. Got me thinking that really I think we sort of are entering into a new age of enlightenment. Due to the advancement of technology, alternative media, and the web people are actually getting exposed to new levels of understanding that that prior generations didn't have. I'm almost certain that's why tptb have gone to great lengths to put massive amounts of funds into military spending and domestic policing so there's not as great of a chance of any revolution happening on the scale of the french revolution. But tyranny still exists today. We just heard about the person who got 20 years for having a few grams of weed. Or the woman who got a life sentence for having a DUI. Like how is that just? That's insanity. That's exactly the kind of brutality that causes people not to trust big brother in any way shape or form. It's almost no wonder that Alex Jones for example has won the hearts and minds of so many, people everyone knows he's telling the truth on so many issues. I almost get the feeling that our systems are holding on by threads. Things have to change and these old systems have to somehow be updated. But then again with all the gazillion systems of control, propaganda and brainwashing, one has to wonder if anything will ever change for the better. Probably only get worse from this point on until the robots replace everyone.

edit on 28-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I have been delving on the subject for quite some time...and it keeps regurgitating the same soup.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If TPTB are backing something, NO good can come from it...

The elite have financed EVERY revolution.

ALL world events, including revolutions are carefully engineered and orchestrated behind the scenes to weaken civilization, gain profits and control, reduce the population, and create a global police state.

"...the infiltration and take over (via revolutions) of all western governments with the USA as its "prize". Thru the centuries, the Illuminati has financed and promoted every revolution including The French and American Revolution." LINK

"Remember the French Revolution to which it was we who gave the name of 'Great.' The secrets of its preparation are well known to us for it was wholly the work of our hands." Protocols of the (Learned) Elders of Zion

"The Illuminati was behind the revolutionary movements of the 18th -- 20th Century as well as their respective reigns of terror. The bankers used their power to spread their Satanic convictions. They had finagled a monopoly on credit (usurping the government's right to create money) and they needed to control the world in order to protect this prize."LINK

"Many countries, including the United States have already fallen for our scheming. Most of the Press in the world is under our Control; let us therefore encourage in a still more violent way the hatred of the world against the Christian Church. Let us intensify our activities in poisoning the morality of the Gentiles. Let us spread the spirit of revolution in the minds of the people. They must be made to despise Patriotism and the love of their family, to consider their faith as a humbug

Judaic speeches at B'nai B'rith in 1936

Petrus4 here on ATS seems to have a VERY good grasp on this situation:

Originally posted by petrus4
The Illuminati use revolution as a means of institutional theft, or the re-acquisition of property into their own hands. They tell everyone else that the purpose of revolution is to make the common man free, but that is not their real purpose with it. Their real purpose is for everyone else to lose what they own during the looting and chaos, and they end up getting hold of it in the process.

That is what they did during the Depression, and again in 2008. It's the reason why they deliberately engineer economic systems with structural flaws and weaknesses built in. Eventually they know that they are going to want to crash the system. They do it in waves, and every time they do it, they end up with more and more property, and everyone else with less.
LINK

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." ~ George Orwell's 1984

Check the quote in my sig as well, it relates to this also...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I think we are entering into a different type of civilization. But we are not becoming enlightened. I would think that, if anything, less intellectual would be more likely. Education has gone from learning meaning, principle, and purpose to memorizing process. The elements of critical thinking are minimize in lieu of docile parroting.
edit on 28-9-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yes... the age of enlightenment started with the advent of the internet...

More and more people are waking up to the reality of this world...

and most people are pissed about the way things are run as opposed to how they should be

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

ya you got a good point

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

pauly wanna revolution
pauly wanna revolution
pauly wanna revolution
pauly wanna revolution
pauly wanna revolution