It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet going by today in Raleigh, NC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

dlbott
Honestly why do you bother, just go somewhere and talk about something you do believe in, it makes no sense unless conflict is your intention in the first place.

Obviously, I believe that aliens have visited and may be visiting the earth as evidenced in my signature.

Having said that, by your logic, everyone who can identify a "UFO" should just stay out of these types of threads so that everyone can type "zomgggg, alien fleet above invading us noa!!!!!", instead of pointing out the fact that this "alien fleet" is just a bunch of balloons.

I'm sorry that 99.9% of "UFO's" posted in the UFO forum are not actual UFO's, but either hoaxes or IFO's. I'm also sorry that it doesn't make sense to some people that what they're looking at is Chinese lanterns, planes, balloons, or hoaxes, instead of alien fleets invading the earth that never actually land and invade.

edit on 28-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: sp

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

neobludragon
Also, If I woulda shot video you'd agree with me they weren't balloons, but I guess a picture isn't gonna do its justice.

The pictures do the balloons justice just fine. I have a large monitor, so it's easy to see individual balloons in the bundle. Not to mention, just the two images you posted show that the bundle of balloons have changed their rotation as a whole, further indicating they are balloons.

The only thing a video would show is even more definitively that they are balloons based on what they look like, and how they're traveling through the air.

In other words, no video is necessary for this one.

Agreed, the caveat is, who would believe a video of UFO'S anyway....rotating or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Argyll
reply to post by dlbott

There is always at least one of you in every thread, are you guys part of a negativity club or what. Honestly why do you bother, just go somewhere and talk about something you do believe in, it makes no sense unless conflict is your intention in the first place.

The Bot

Are you saying that if members "don't believe in UFO's" (You'll find most do!)....then they have no business posting in these threads?

Are we just to blindly believe that a picture which almost certainly is of balloons is actually an alien craft, and if we don't believe than we are being negative?......how bizarre

What do you think the pictures show?

Seriously, it happens in every thread. You know exactly what I am talking about and really is sad that some are so negative and love conflict. Would it really not be more enjoyable to go somewhere and talk about something you believe in. And I am not speaking just about you now. It really just makes it a drag to click and read so many negative posts all the time.

I think it is great he got some pictures and was excited about the possibility it could ET in origin. In his post he explained the way it moved it looked as though something or someone was in control. But yet immediately the nay sayers and conflict kings start hounding it's just balloons etc.

I say I am glad he had a positive experience in his day and found something to get excited about. I saw something unidentified tonight but am hesitant to share just because of the negative responses.

Come on you have to honestly see my point.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Share it.
But unless you don't want alternative and "mundane" explanations for what you may have seen, this isn't the place to share it.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

dlbott
It really just makes it a drag to click and read so many negative posts all the time.

You mean it's a drag for you to get excited about yet another UFO thread, only to brought back to reality that the "UFO" was only balloons.

Discussing what the "UFO" looks like and most likely is, is not making negative comments. It's having a debate. A discussion. Informing as to what the most likely explanation is.

dlbott
But yet immediately the nay sayers and conflict kings start hounding it's just balloons etc.

You obviously ignored my previous post in response to your baseless accusations.

What you are continuing to attempt to do is tell everyone that even if something looks like and flies like balloons, we should all just say "alien spacecraft". Everything that flies by in the sky that you can't immediate identify: alien spacecraft.

Sorry, but that's not how science and Ufology works in the real world.

Real UFO researchers will try to explain away every UFO with terrestrial comparisons first, so as to rule out whether the UFO is terrestrial in origin or not. If an object (in the OP, for instance) looks like balloons and flies like balloons, then they are frigging balloons. Not alien spacecraft that look and fly like balloons.

Now, if you can't grasp this concept, then the UFO forum may not be the best place to visit. If something is fake, or looks like a terrestrial object, it will get explained away as such. It will never get explained away as an alien spacecraft if there is even a remote possibility that it's terrestrial.

This will never change. You either have to accept that, or move on. It's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Seriously, it happens in every thread. You know exactly what I am talking about and really is sad that some are so negative and love conflict.

It is called Denying Ignorance, which btw has seemed to have fallen by the wayside here on ATS lately.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

Hi!

I would be interested to take a closer look at your photos, see if I can give good estimations of size, distance and altitude.

Would you like to send me the original pictures, please?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

neobludragon
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Then why wouldn't they go up if it were balloons? there was no wind to make them go the way they were going.

SO you know the wind speed and direction at every altitude that day.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

dlbott

Argyll
reply to post by dlbott

There is always at least one of you in every thread, are you guys part of a negativity club or what. Honestly why do you bother, just go somewhere and talk about something you do believe in, it makes no sense unless conflict is your intention in the first place.

The Bot

Are you saying that if members "don't believe in UFO's" (You'll find most do!)....then they have no business posting in these threads?

Are we just to blindly believe that a picture which almost certainly is of balloons is actually an alien craft, and if we don't believe than we are being negative?......how bizarre

What do you think the pictures show?

Seriously, it happens in every thread. You know exactly what I am talking about and really is sad that some are so negative and love conflict. Would it really not be more enjoyable to go somewhere and talk about something you believe in. And I am not speaking just about you now. It really just makes it a drag to click and read so many negative posts all the time.

I think it is great he got some pictures and was excited about the possibility it could ET in origin. In his post he explained the way it moved it looked as though something or someone was in control. But yet immediately the nay sayers and conflict kings start hounding it's just balloons etc.

I say I am glad he had a positive experience in his day and found something to get excited about. I saw something unidentified tonight but am hesitant to share just because of the negative responses.

Come on you have to honestly see my point.

The Bot

People are not being negative, when people post pictures of CLAIMED ufo's they should give as much info as possible info like this can help, camera used, exposure info or at least the exif data that the camera/phone saves with the picture the approx location, time, date, direction facing approx angle to view object.

This type of info can rule out certain things and can be used to work out approx distance to object.

The exif data was not with picture.

Many on here are keen photographers some even professional photographers and we can work a lot out if given the required information.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What would anyone make of this German video making the rounds on web servers home pages? It is supposed to be night vision, yet it is as green as our new emoticons. It is very clear also, and so little NV noise. I know what I think, that does not mean I'm correct. You could make a separate thread for this video, but since the shape has similarities with the OP's, it fits here. Ambiguous, disceitful or what?

edit on 29-9-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
After looking at the pic, I'm going to agree its probably a bunch of balloons that escaped its owner
To the untrained eye it does look unusual

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

smurfy
You could make a separate thread for this video

No need.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Phage

smurfy
You could make a separate thread for this video

No need.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeww, Missed that. It appeared on AOL's/Huff home page yesterday. The one thing that struck me was the still image there, as is in the still on the video before it starts, is the very similar configuration of the 'object' to that in the STS 115 mission that tracked the external tank after it separated, seen way down in the right-hand of the screen. Similar images have been seen in the same tracking operation on other STS missions in full screen, not on the periphery doing the same thing as if also tracking the external tank. Yes I know, explanations have been given, it was a reflection etc; according to one Discovery Channel expert in photography from inside the shuttle/s. Seems sound enough explanation without being definitive But, let's run it again anyway,

But how does that figure with the video in this OP? just a coincidental likeness, or someone making a likeness and pissing about with CGI. If it is night vision and real it is right up there in Quality, however the scenario would be in conflict in reference to thinking that, "One of the UFO'S suddenly shot off" but more like something was shot off from a UFO to something or somewhere. I don't see any signs of modulation in whatever it is that shoots off though.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Actually no, not a reflection. Stay away from "NASA's Unexplained". The explanation is fully given here:
tinyurl.com/ydx37vz
STS 121

The link above is narrated. This one is not.

edit on 9/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by smurfy

Actually no, not a reflection. Stay away from "NASA's Unexplained". The explanation is fully given here:
tinyurl.com/ydx37vz
STS 121

Phage, I already knew about the formations in the other trackings, STS 115 requires a different explanation, or perhaps more in depth.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Why? Because it has a different random shape? Are you going with "it's not exactly the same?"
Its the same thing. Ice from the booster. It's seen in many different videos from many different missions. What is so special about it in 115?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by smurfy

tinyurl.com/ydx37vz
STS 121

I said, "Reflections, ETC;" and I had already mentioned I had seen similar video elsewhere. You are being naughty and leaving bits out, with a somewhat presumptousness about what people might think. Jim Oberg, bless him, does the same thing at times. NASA's Unexplained is but one programme, and neither did I say I was necessarily convinced about anything that either flashy showbiz documentaries, or what NASA says in all things. Thanks for the parenting, but I'll make my own mind up, whenever that may be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join