It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm taking a new direction with my music. Feedback appreciated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Please check out my new song "Out From Hell"

I decided to take a different step with my music and all honest feed back is welcome. Thank you!

Out From Hell - Alex Famous
edit on 28-9-2013 by Ptenjakin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ptenjakin
Please check out my new song "Out From Hell"

I decided to take a different step with my music and all honest feed back is welcome. Thank you!

Out From Hell - Alex Famous
edit on 28-9-2013 by Ptenjakin because: (no reason given)

The effects at the beginning/middle really muddle the sound. Also, the chorus(or whatever :51 is) is really really bad. Also with those type of vocals have you tried adding any reverb? The verse is fine but adding a strong bass line to back up the piano would sound better after the initial verse. All in all the chorus didn't fit and the effects made it sound muddied(probably caused by whatever limiter you applied when mastering). The verse has a lot of promise though if you just tweak it some.

Verse reminds me of this sorta

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow this a tough one to critique. It seemed rushed, too fast in some parts. Some parts I liked and others I didn't. I think it has potential if you re-work it somehow. Difficult for me to articulate, maybe I'll have to listen again.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hmmm, I actually like the harmony. Can't put my finger on what I don't like exactly. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

Dude...that's awesome!!!!!! I really like it. I just found out that I got published a couple of years ago after receiving royalties from BMI. A song of mine titled "December" was used in a film titled ""Winter of Frozen Dreams". Now I'm working with Ken Lampl...it's a great feeling.

You got great stuff. Keep up the great work and follow your dreams, some may not like it, but millions hopefully will.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I like it - alot - not sure what the first poster is talking about at :51 unless it's the stutter...

WIth this type of music some of it will be determined by their natural preference of style as well...

For what it is it's good...would be more of an interlude though as it's not very long

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ptenjakin

I actually really liked it

You say it's a new direction...well I would be encouraged and keep up with it
Nice sound's mate!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think I would like it more if done with a live band. The very first line of the lyrics made me think it was coming in at the second verse. Not sure why they struck me that way, they just did. As some one else said, it needs a bass line. And even though it wasn't there I could imagine a wicked guitar solo in there. It has potential. but as others said, needs a little reworking.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Thanks very much for all the feed back everyone!

I unfortunately don't have the power of a full band at my disposal and everything is therefore electronic.

Definitely would like some real guitar in there sometime. That would be rad. I still have to remix it a little, still working on my engineering skills.

Anyway, much appreciated

top topics

join