It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like Visa is saying no to online firearm purchases....Box stores apply evidently by Email?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

The email reads:
Dear Hyatt Gun Shop Inc,
Authorize.Net LLC (“Authorize.Net”) has determined that the nature of your business constitutes a violation of Section 2.xiv of the Authorize.Net Acceptable Use Guidelines and Sections 3.3 and 11.3 of the Authorize.Net Service Agreement (the “Agreement”).
These sections include, but are not limited to, the sale of firearms or any similar product.
Accordingly, pursuant to Section 4 of the Acceptable Use Guidelines, your ability to access and use the Authorize.NetServices will be terminated on September 30, 2013.

Hyatt’s massive online store will be unable to process credit card transactions, giving the store only a few days to find a new processing company before Authorize.net terminates their business relationship.
“We’ve never seen anything like this,” Hyatt Marketing Director Justin Anderson told the Washington examiner.

Consider this a public service announcement for those who use a VISA card for purchases of firearms or any similar (?) product?...whatever that means?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What does authorize.net have to do with VISA? www.authorize.net...

edit on 28-9-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Authorize.net is Visa´s subsidiary.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I can still go buy a gun with a visa though..

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Anyway the gun company violated the contract, I don't see what the issue is. Aren't contracts supposed to be important to capitalists? It's completely voluntary.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Online?

What I was saying was simply a fact. I do not know whether Visa has banned online purchases using their card or not, or it is only happening in their subsidiary.

Although, personally I would support such actions. Online firearm sales should be banned. This is absurd, as in internet it is nearly impossible to prove who exactly was behind the screen. Maybe somebody had hacked the computer before and was using the stolen card to buy? It is hard to determine who is behind it and even harder to do background checks + the mail might always be lost or even stolen. Luckily, I´m not American, so I don´t need to worry about this, as all online sales of firearms are banned round here.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Anyway the gun company violated the contract, I don't see what the issue is. Aren't contracts supposed to be important to capitalists? It's completely voluntary.

Where in the OP's link did it say they violated a contract???? Making things up again I see.......

Edit, Ok, my apologies. I was referring to the actual article......

edit on 28-9-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Authorize.Net LLC (“Authorize.Net”) has determined that the nature of your business constitutes a violation of Section 2.xiv of the Authorize.Net Acceptable Use Guidelines and Sections 3.3 and 11.3 of the Authorize.Net Service Agreement (the “Agreement”).

Acceptable Use Guidelines and Service Agreement are basically contracts and the gun company violated certain point sections of these.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

An odd coincidence to be sure, but not if you consider that many top executives at Visa have donated to President Obama’s election campaigns. With President Obama renewing his push for gun control in the wake of the Navy Yard shooting last week, and Americans ardently opposing any legislative action that would further restrict the ownership of firearms, it looks as if anti-gun politicians are now calling in favors with their connections in big business

Earlier this year, after a similar anti-gun push following the Sandy Hook elementary school tragedy, Bank of America took it upon themselves to forcibly seize funds from licensed firearms dealer and manufacturer American Spirit Arms

www.activistpost.com...

Maybe much to do about nothing, or maybe, there is more than meets the minds eye.? It usually helps if people read the liked article which explains how this may affect all online transactions... Reliable or just some rabble rousing article to get everyone fired up? Decide for yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

727Sky
www.activistpost.com...

The email reads:
Dear Hyatt Gun Shop Inc,
These sections include, but are not limited to, the sale of firearms or any similar product.
Accordingly, pursuant to Section 4 of the Acceptable Use Guidelines, your ability to access and use the Authorize.NetServices will be terminated on September 30, 2013.

Hyatt’s massive online store will be unable to process credit card transactions, giving the store only a few days to find a new processing company before Authorize.net terminates their business relationship.
“We’ve never seen anything like this,” Hyatt Marketing Director Justin Anderson told the Washington examiner.

Consider this a public service announcement for those who use a VISA card for purchases of firearms or any similar (?) product?...whatever that means?

So it is not actually visa, just use another company. Transfer the funds to checking and use visa debit and another transaction company. There are lots of transaction companies and debit is cash. That would end in court. That really is not visa refusal and is small problem of changing transaction companies. If visa as a company took that stand they would be out of business in a hurry lol.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

WaterBottle

You may have a point: They did process the companies orders for the last 4 years so I suppose they could have just figured out the orders were from a gun shop.... I find that hard to believe myself but....O.K.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Cabin

Online?

What I was saying was simply a fact. I do not know whether Visa has banned online purchases using their card or not, or it is only happening in their subsidiary.

Although, personally I would support such actions. Online firearm sales should be banned. This is absurd, as in internet it is nearly impossible to prove who exactly was behind the screen. Maybe somebody had hacked the computer before and was using the stolen card to buy? It is hard to determine who is behind it and even harder to do background checks + the mail might always be lost or even stolen. Luckily, I´m not American, so I don´t need to worry about this, as all online sales of firearms are banned round here.

Nope, not true.. When someone buys a gun online they must first contact a licensed firearms dealer and the gun will be sent there first.. This firearms dealer will do the required checks on the receiver of the firearm..
That is how it works..
Usually the online gun seller will have a list of reputable local dealers the firearm can be sent to. But the buyer must contact them and let them know about the purchase.
You can't just buy a gun online and have it shipped directly to the buyer..
edit on 28-9-2013 by alienreality because: edit

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Cabin

there are restrictions to online sales, all Federal Firearms License retailers or wholesaler are required to ship only to another FFL holder. they are not shipped to end user. you have to provide id in order to pick up your purchase.

some where in the line a back ground check is preformed.

here is just one example.

You must Register with us to bid on or sell items. Registration is free, safe, and private. We do not share your registration information with any third party without your consent and we do not send you junk email. Privacy Policy.
Anyone who is legally allowed to own firearms, ammunition, knives, and gun accessories is allowed to buy or sell them here. It is your responsibility to be in compliance with all Federal, state, and local laws when using this site. You do not have to be a licensed dealer to buy a firearm. If you are not a licensed firearm dealer (also called an FFL Holder), you must make arrangements with an FFL Holder in your state to receive the item and transfer it to you. Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL Holder, including gun shops. You must make arrangements with your FFL Holder before placing a bid on an item. By contacting the FFL Holder before bidding, the buyer can verify that all state and federal laws will be observed. For most firearms, the buyer must be able to pass a background check.
GunBroker.com has compiled a list of FFL Holders who are willing to manage the legal transfer of firearms to unlicensed persons. Find a Transfer Dealer.
Non-firearm items, such as air guns, knives, ammunition, antique guns that were built in 1898 or earlier firearm accessories, and some gun parts do not require transfer by a licensed dealer. There are age restrictions on many of these items, and you will be asked to verify your age to the seller (typically by mailing a photocopy of your driver's license) before you can purchase the item. In general, you must be 18 years old to buy items on this site. (To buy Pistol ammunition, you must be at least 21 years old; at least 18 years old for Rifle ammunition.)
If you have any questions or doubts about whether an item can be shipped to you, please contact your local FFL Holder or send a message to the seller of the item by clicking on the "Ask seller a question" link located in each item listing. International buyers: Be sure you get all your information on exporting and importing firearms to the United States.

Can I buy here?

if a FFL holder knowingly sells and transfers a gun to a non FFL holder they'll all but hang your A@@.
BATF DONT PLAY.

edit on 28-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

so basically you want something banned that you know nothing about?

because you are sadly mistaken if you believe you can just order yourself up an ak 47 and the UPS guy just shows up and drops it off!.... it doesn't work that like that! Matter of fact it hasn't worked like that since the gun control act of 1968 was passed!

So those online sales you want banned.... yeah they don't .... oh what is that called.... oh yeah .... EXIST!!!

... your mouth is much like a gun... you should always load it before you shoot it off!

really this is why the gun control debate is so useless and hopeless... all the people who claim to be in favor of "commonsense" gun control and blah blah blah ... have no idea what the laws now are or how gun purchasing, ownership, or running a gun business works now!

The reality is if you order a gun online from a gun auction website for example. You must then contact a local firearms dealer with a federal firearms license. At which point the dealer will fax in a copy of their ffl to the dealer on the other end... then and ONLY THEN will the transaction be allowed to continue. At this point the firearm in question is shipped to the dealer in your area, NOT YOU! Once the gun is at the dealer's location they call you and you come down and fill out a standard NICS background check form just as if you were buying a gun from the store. If you don't pass this background check on the gun you have already paid for.... guess what? You get to call the person you bought it from and BEG THEM to take the gun back.... which at best means you will pay not just the cost of the shipping both ways but your dealer's transfer fee and BOTH transfer fees for the dealer of the initial seller! On top of that you'll most likely pay up to a 25% restocking fee. Oh and did I mention that this is what happens if you are LUCKY? Usually you are just out the money and the dealer who accepted the transfer on your behalf MAY give you 25% of the retail value of the gun then resell it himself... but usually that doesn't even happen! Usually you are out the full price of the gun all the shipping the transfers and background checks with nothing to show for it. And if they have reason to believe you knowingly tried to game the system y9ou can be prosecuted for even TRYING!

So you want to ban the online gun sales that put people through exactly the same process they go through if they buy a gun from a gunshop?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Cabin

Although, personally I would support such actions. Online firearm sales should be banned.

It's a firearms store purchasing stock items. Not an end user.

AFAIK, with the exception of non-tracked items like flintlocks, you can't buy firearms online in the US. You can, however, purchase other things like cleaning supplies, slings, cases, reloading equipment and the like. And I believe VISA's trying to block that too.
edit on 29-9-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I just checked out Hyatt's website, this is posted there:

Statement about Authorize.net
As reported by Grass Roots North Carolina, credit card gateway Authorize.net has indeed refused to continuing doing business with us simply because we sell guns. We urge all of you who shop online to boycott any web site displaying the Authorize.net or Cybersource logo. We have since switched to a gun-friendly provider that offers all of the same security features you'd expect.

So much for the "Hoopla"

new topics

top topics

join