It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death, Murder and Miscarriage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers I've come to you guys for some "Insight?" and possibly peace of mind.

I would like to start off that this has been the most anxiety/anger/confusing week I have experienced.
Now maybe it's because I'm a young adult (23) but nonetheless its been quite ridiculous. Where should I start?

My Fiance and I found out we were expecting our first baby April 10th 2014. It was filled with joy, we lived in our college apartment though so that needed to change. So we were able to purchase our first home in a little village called Mineral,Illinois. 2010 Census:230 people. I come from Dallas,Texas which this was bit of a culture shock for myself, but I thought well it will be safe for our children and so on.

Day 2 of Living in our new home: my Fiance's cousin was found dead in his home in Kewanee,Il. Apparently due to a asthma attack. Note: He was a known Meth user, and he has had several occurrences of drug over dose near-death like experiences. So, her family was a little shook up that he layed dead for a (week)? according to what I had heard.

Day 4 of living in our new home: I'm outside installing new headlights for my truck and I hear a vehicle drive by ( In a town the size of one city block its pretty quiet so you just naturally look at the vehicle) I noticed the rear passenger door was open on a SUV. Note: Going no more than 15 mph. So I said to myself, hmm thats odd, but whatever. And then I see a body "plop" out of the vehicle. At first it seemed like they dumped some trash but i quickly realized it was a body. The suspects continued to drive another 20 yards before they realized I was already on the phone so they came back. Now, I'm not from around here obviously, but my Fiance grew up a town west of Mineral, called Annawan which has roughly 800 residents. So you know everyone basically. Any who, my first thought was Geeze, this is a mentally challenged kid who jumped out, only because the suspects were telling me "jumped out" " He jumped out ". but i ran and grabbed my fiance who is a RN and she immediately recognized him as a classmate. Unresponsive, severe head trauma It wasn't pretty. But the two suspects changed their story at least 5 times, and at one point even saying they were private investigators. The victim soon later died in the hospital with a Ruptured Vertebrae in his brain and a fractured skull. You can read the "official" story Here Now, Granted I did not see what happened in the back seat. but according to texts sent to and from phones they were after him. two additional men were later arrested. Facebook posts on the victims page also hint at an issue. Now, what ive heard from the SA is that he shorted them a ounce and a half of weed. now im assuming those men were coming to collect. but long story shortened (Kind of ) the two initial suspects made bail a couple of days ago with only impersonating a peace officer. 4,500 and these guys are back out. not to mention the brothers are registered sex offenders in 6 of the surrounding counties. I'm absolutely frustrated that now these two men who apparently just murdered this 20 year old now exactly where the key witness and his fiance live. Should i go out and purchase a weapon to keep safe or do i need to " Calm my nerves " according to the Deputy Sheriff?

Day 6 of living in new home: My Fiance had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. shes not handling it very well.

So to sum it all up, Any advice on Miscarriage tips? and do i have the right to be a little un easy with these men out on the streets? or am i over reacting? Thanks ats
edit on 28-9-2013 by iclark97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iclark97

I am so sorry to hear your story. I wasn't sure if I should say anything but, I couldn't just click away.

Just love your wife and remember that she has an even more intense emotional need here. It is all I can think of to say that might allow you to have some solace, just be there for her.

I wish you both all the best from now on, the beginning of your new lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Miscarriage is a normal thing, it happens in 20 % of all conceptions won't make it to term.

Most women who have them go on to have a normal pregnancy .

How do I know the above? Because I am on ats at the ER and the nurse just walked away from telling my wife this.

My wife is 31, 10 weeks in first time this has happened first pregnancy attempt after deciding to try.

As to how to deal with it I'll let you know, my wife seems fine but silent and calm.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Profound sympathies.

As the poster above said wisely, miscarriages, particularly early on, are extremely common. Very upsetting, yes, but it's natural, so try not to worry about it too much. Grieve as much as you need to, and move on.

Oh, and maybe think about moving? That sounds like a small town with a whole lot of drama going on.
edit on 28-9-2013 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

How about ...move? I know it may not be possible.If you tied up all your finances in this place then you may be stuck.

Thing is,the sheriff may say to calm down, But in a small town try getting a cop when you need one.Generally takes them 20 or more minutes to get there and thats on a good day.Not trying to be down on them,but if this place is out towards the country then they are running all over trying to be everywhere at once. That doesn't work so well. I personally would get a pump action shot gun.Wait till they try to come in your house (if they should come back) then load it up and keep it handy. If you see them show up and your outside,just calmly walk in your house and wait for them.Make them break in if they want you so bad,then do what you have to do to protect yourself and wife.Better to be judged by a jury of 12 then carried out by a group of 6.

edit on 28-9-2013 by dimithae because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for your sympathies. She is a Director f Nursing at the local urgent care center so she is full aware. But she keeps saying te baby had a heartbeat an so that was a living human, and now when she passes the "baby?" She wants to bury it and plant a tree. I tried explaining to her that I will refuse to be in a apart of that because I don't want a constant reminder, plus that's a little over the top.

On the Investigation side, the sherrif said that they have no business being back in this town. Well just like I don't have any business owning a tractor if I'm not a farmer. They picked this guy up whacked him and threw him out of the car a block from his home in broad daylight. What's to say he won't come back around? And he gave no response.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You are a man who wants a family. It is your duty to protect that family. It is your right. Do it, regardless of the thugs.

My only comment on the rest is, my heart goes out to you and your fiance. It may help to take the perspective of not getting your hopes up until the first trimester completes. That is kinda how it has to work in my family. It took most of us all in my generation of kids multiple pregnancies before we got our own little blessings.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well said, thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Having experienced what your fiance is going thru, I was going to advise that you never say "We can have another one..." or "We can try again" because the fact of the matter is, she is grieving the loss of THAT baby, and not just any baby. And I was going to suggest that if anyone else said "Don't worry, you can have another one" to her, that you could pipe up and say "I know you're trying to help, but we'll never have THAT baby, and right now that is what we are grieving over." She may not be strong enough to say it.

But then I read:

I tried explaining to her that I will refuse to be in a apart of that because I don't want a constant reminder, plus that's a little over the top.
...and I'm not judging you, I'm just thinking that maybe you'd have to have a human growing inside of you to really understand. See, she will never forget. She imagined that baby's eyes and voice and little footsteps coming down the hall. That baby was very real to her, and having a tribute (like a tree) to honor that child may help her focus her grief somewhere besides the empty place inside, where it last lived.

I wish you both all the best.

edit on 9/28/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

top topics

join