It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i just figured out how to stop most online piracy and still allow people to download some older cont

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i really can't see much of a difference.. i mean, there's people who download who probably would have never bought/paid for whatever in the first place then people who maybe would have never bought/paid for whatever because they where able to download it then was compelled to buy as a result of downloading so i think "the industry" is full of crap and more than likely lying threw their teeth just to get more money than whatever it is their selling is worth.

bottom line is.. celebrities in any medium do not "need" or deserve my hard earned money, executives in every aspect of production can fall off a cliff as far as i am concerned.

i have the perfect fix for the "real" way to cure piracy.. everyone in all media should start a "kickstarter campaign" that way WE, the fans, decide what gets released into the world and i guarantee piracy would all but disappear.

can't you just imagine celebrities worrying themselves to death if anything like this gains any kind of momentum? ahh it's what give me hope for the future.

so climb down off your high horse and lets band together.. don't defend people that would spit in your face rather than even acknowledging your existence. we truly do have the power we just need to learn how to stick together before we can make any kind of change and that goes for just about every aspect of our lives.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Having the government track a not-government problem is absurd.

Let the corps handle their own problems...they OWN the problem, not you, me, or government.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

can't you just imagine celebrities worrying themselves to death if anything like this gains any kind of momentum? ahh it's what give me hope for the future.
reply to post by n3mesis

I mean, can you imagine an artist having to worry about putting out something GOOD that people will buy and enjoy?

Oh, that would not be good! We can't have that!

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Older content access idea sounds like a good idea but that probably won't be allowed since most of still brings in revenue. Mostly OP, you've bought into the hype. Unfortunately, anti piracy measures always seem to include many more net restrictions in the bill as well.

Everywhere piracy is hurting businesses and the entertainment industry hard as much as people dont want to admit.
-OP

For example, when Metallica lobbied to shutdown Napster, Lars:

He also said that studies show that "Napster users buy more records." Source

That holds true for a lot of P2P users.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Haha indeed. Especially, $16.00 albums that are 7/10 filler songs. Just buy the hits for a buck a piece if you wanna waste money on pop music, or listen on Youtube. There's plenty of people trying to make Adsence money-which isn't legal according to their rules- off of having adds on highly viewed songs(haha ones that are not paid for views through crowd coursing). How come no ones complains about that?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
PIracy isn't theft, nor is it illegal.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
who needs to download very much anymore when everything is streaming online. And when movies, music and tv shows are streaming online and we watch those, is that stealing too? You didn't even download it, you just watched it. Prisons are for violent criminals who are a risk to the population. its' extremely expensive and a burden to society to even keep them there. So how would they keep every tom dick and harry there because they happen to catch an odd flick online or tv show. Get real it's not even practical. Trust me when you add up how much tax you pay in a million and 1 different ways, what ends up happening is there's NO MONEY for creature comforts unless your rich. So no way, they go an install red light cameras and photo radar camers on publically own streets just to try and steal money from people. Plus a million and 1 other scams and taxes to steal money from the poor and middle class. Well then when it comes to ANYTHING I can get for free, I'm getting it for free! I have no other choice. All my free extra money went to pay for g=v scams.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
news.ca.msn.com...

A new study by researchers at the London School of Economics suggests the music and movie industries have been exaggerating the impact digital file sharing has had on their bottom line and found that for some creative industries, copyright infringement might actually be helping boost revenues.

Myth Busted.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thenaturalist

If Record Companies and Artists want to Protect their Copywrited Content , then it is Up to them to Invest in the developement of the Technology to do so . If I want to protect my Home from a Robbery , I either make an effort to do so myself ,or go to the expense of Hiring Professionals to do it for me . SIMPLE as That........

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join