It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party emerges from the media induced ashes and is proud to be "in their face"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I am glad to see a resurgence of the Tea Party. I went to a rally in 2012 and it was more like a Sunday school picnic than a rally. There were people of several races there and I did not hear any racist or homophobic talk.

I think the media blew the comments/signs of a few people up and made the Tea Party look bad because they were quite frankly afraid of it. As the "Party" was forming there were lots of people coming in and out with all kinds of ideas of what it was to become.

After a lot of thought and watching for awhile I have concluded:

The Tea Party people are: libertarian in their views of government; strict constitutionalists; and traditional in their social values with a slight libertarian bent (ie leave people alone who hold strong religious views to practice them as long as they harm no one else or infringe on other's rights)

So along with Don't Tread on me as a motto, when the media starts its ugly campaigns the Tea Partiers need to be proud to be "in the face" of liberals. They called them tea baggers, I call them in the face of the liberals. Woo Hoo
edit on 28-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: hit wrong button before I was done, darn Win 8

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

The Tea Party people are: libertarian in their views of government; strict constitutionalists; and traditional in their social values with a slight libertarian bent (ie leave people alone who hold strong religious views to practice them as long as they harm no one else or infringe on other's rights)

Although this dream of yours is nice, it doesn't actually reflect the reality of elected officials who call themselves 'tea partiers'. Nor does it describe the vast majority of people who show up at rallies and demonstrations.

Originally, maybe I would have agreed with you, but much like OWS the tea party was taken over by the fringe element and they were successful in translating that into legislative candidates.

But the tea party as it was, is dead, never to return, because the people allowed themselves to be infiltrated an duped by loud idiots.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You know, I hope you are wrong.

The Democrats certainly have their loud idiots, ie Pelosi who thinks you have to pass a bill rather than read it to find out what is in it. That is the most idiotic statement anyone could make. Don't tell me there aren't fringe Dems who are loud and embarrassing to the party.

The Republicans also have their loud idiots. And plenty of them.

Every large group is going to have it's idiots on the fringes.

I say don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Let it grow and see what is to become of it. We desperately need a third party and the Libertarians are being wussy and way too quiet to form a formidable power base to succeed or many of the Tea Party sanes would be in with them.

edit on 28-9-2013 by grandmakdw because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I agree, what needs to be done now is to get people to actively begin to dismantle their local official powers and remove the incumbent officeholders, officers and agents through peaceful legislative action. In most cases they need not be replaced.

Without animosity, we must incorporate those newly reintegrated citizens who are ideologically sympathetic to our cause, to the cause. At each stage we stand to gain allies and informed consultants who will help us to proceed to the next stage and bring additional legitimacy to the austerity movement.

As we succeed in achieving this goal, regional officeholders will likely become increasingly vociferous in their assurances of good behavior. We must ignore their pleas and understand that the only guarantee against corruption is the lack of capability.

Demonstrating our frustration is useful but, it is merely an indication of willingness to do something. Now it is time to realize those yearnings in the only peaceful way available to us. Simply deprecating the misuse of official power is important but, elimination of those offices and officeholders is paramount.

Through these simple mechanisms of self government which were fully anticipated by our founders, we can restore our constitutional republic.

I do not believe we need for this to be a party per se but, our 're-libertification' should be self-sustaining and incapable of being derailed by any leader.
edit on 28-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

greencmp

I do not believe we need for this to be a party per se.

Getting rid of elected officials who are corrupt is paramount. Just look at the stats, most federal level elected officials go in as upper middle class and end up millionaires, and it isn't due to the salaries they get.

Getting rid of the fringe elements who are currently running the Democratic party is crucial and also the fringe elements of the Republican party who are refusing to see the writing on the wall is crucial.

It may be that only a strong third party rising from the ashes of defeat Phoenix like and ready to be "in the face" of those who disparage it is what we really need. When called that heinous name the liberals made up just agree and say "yea we are in your face" aren't we. It may be the only way to save our country from the creeping totalitarianism. The Bush administration started it and the Obama administration has accelerated it in a way only seen during Hitler's time.

Yes we need a strong and unafraid third party who is ready to stand up to bullies who name call with a strong in your face response.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Getting rid of elected officials who are corrupt is paramount. Just look at the stats, most federal level elected officials go in as upper middle class and end up millionaires, and it isn't due to the salaries they get.

Too bad tea party member's are already getting caught with their hands in the till. Insider trading is legal for members of congress. Why do you think it is so easy for lobbies to buy politicians.

The old tea party the one started by Ron Paul was the one to belong to the tea party now is just a tool for the Koch brothers.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I disagree, it was and still is a populist movement that was thwarted when the media started bullying the members precisely because of their strength.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Like the "Tea Party" or not...

They were systematically denied their Constitutional Right to Assemble.

The full force of the government illegally conspired against it's citizens.

The Election was rigged. There should be people going to prison.

To quote Yamamoto..."I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant".

The giant is the American People. There will be hell to pay.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

grandmakdw

I disagree, it was and still is a populist movement that was thwarted when the media started bullying the members precisely because of their strength.

Get real.... the Tea Party was co opted by the big money interest and financed by the Koch bros.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It would be nice if there was still a grass roots movement but that died with the influx of the hidden GOP influence. Look beneth the surface of any Tea Party member and you will find a Republican.
The GOP calls the shots even though it may be seen thru the filter and obfuscation of the Tea Party.
The Tea Party actually may become a third party but they will be so closely allied with the GOP/Big business agenda that it will be hard to tell the difference.

The Tea Party social gatherings are a fantastic thing but politically, pretty much ineffective. The ultra conservative Christian Right Wing is still a very effective force and they are the power brokers behind the Tea Party; And they are at odds with the moderate/main stream republicans. Trying to blame the media for the splintering of the conservatives/GOP is a pointless exercise. It's time the Conservatives take responsibility for their own mean spirited, argumentative style of politics ala Rush, Hannity, Levin, Beck, etc. Not gonna win many converts that way. Most people are moderate and don't like this uglyness.

www.pewforum.org...

We desperately need a third party and the Libertarians are being wussy and way too quiet to form a formidable power base to succeed or many of the Tea Party sanes would be in with them.

btw...I am a Libertarian and don't really appreciate the name calling; Not a good way to gain converts to your cause. I don't really think that any Tea Party/Republicans would have much interest in the Libertarian movement anyway....
edit on 28-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The only ones shouting *that* malarkey are the ones who have the most to fear.

The biggest threats to the progressive left wing agenda always get called names, and are often blamed for the very thing the left endorses.

It's the old 'hide it in plain sight' trick.

Very old. very stale.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All the tea party are doing right now is guaranteeing a Hillary Clinton presidency in a couple of years.

Gee, thanks guys.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

They were systematically denied their Constitutional Right to Assemble.

Where? The cops just stood when the tea party assembled OWS was the one that was denied their right to assemble.

The full force of the government illegally conspired against it's citizens.

Were these citizens the ones that were trying to commit tax evasion by trying to get non profit status?

The Election was rigged. There should be people going to prison.

Proof please. Romney was picked because they knew he would lose. They couldn't take the chance of letting Ron Paul get the nomination.

To quote Yamamoto..."I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant".

That only happened in the movies not in real life.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Are you trying to say these people were treated fairly?

This group was clearly targeted. I am not a member.

But when people are denied their Constitutional Rights.

We should all be offended.

As for the Yamamoto quote, I have no knowledge what he said.

I do know, he should of said it.

Buster, if a single group is allowed to be denied their basic Rights.

How long until they come after yours or mine?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

whyamIhere

Are you trying to say these people were treated fairly?

This group was clearly targeted. I am not a member.

But when people are denied their Constitutional Rights.

We should all be offended.

As for the Yamamoto quote, I have no knowledge what he said.

I do know, he should of said it.

Buster, if a single group is allowed to be denied their basic Rights.

How long until they come after yours or mine?

Strange that when the opposition is censored it's OK with the conservatives.www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I say don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Let it grow and see what is to become of it.

But we have already done so. They've been around now for half a decade. They've been shown in both in polling and by just general behavior that they are anti government, anti choice, anti science, anti intellectual.

I'm sorry but the fringe movement of the tea party IS indeed the tea party. If it wasn't, than more moderate members would have been elected as Tea Party candidates. Instead, the current "tea party" is attacking GOP incumbents who don't tow their new party line.

Getting 'Primaried' is what they call it I guess.

The Koch Brothers along with various other billion dollar neo conservatives have completely and utterly taken over the tea party message and it's actions within the legislative groups they are a part of. They drive the campaign revenue and therefore decide the message.

Much the same way that George Soros and his cronies have taken OWS and perverted it into what it currently is, or should I say, currently is not.

I understand you wanting to have some hope, but forget about established groups that have already been infiltrated and corrupted. If you want a third party, than actually have a third party, the Tea Party is not that group.

They are just a clone of extremist republicans who now, because of the extreme polarization between red and blue, have gained an iota of power that can lead to very dangerous outcomes for America.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Five years is not enough to get a national movement up and running to the point where it makes an impact.
Half a decade is sounds like a long time, but it has been only 5 years.

As for the Libertarians, they have not fought hard enough to make a real impact. That is why the term wussy. I believe in the libertarian philosophy but since they won't fight and scratch their way to a viable third party I can't support them fully. The Libertarian party has been around for multiple decades, I don't know how many but at least 4 decades that I can recall in my lifetime.

ANYTHING beats what we have now. We are becoming totalitarian and if that makes you happy then stay with the mainstream Dems and Reps.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

grandmakdw

ANYTHING beats what we have now. We are becoming totalitarian and if that makes you happy then stay with the mainstream Dems and Reps.

And you think that the Tea Party is really separate and different than the Republicans?

follow the money....

www.theguardian.com...

thinkprogress.org...

The Libertarians might not be as wussy as you think; but if you are comfortable with the Republicans masquerading as the Tea Party then fine.

edit on 28-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Five years is not enough to get a national movement up and running to the point where it makes an impact.

What do you mean?

Source

The caucus chair was Michele Bachmann of Minnesota. Of a total possible 435 Representatives, as of January 6, 2013, the committee had 49 members, all Republicans.[18]

There are 49 members of congress who are Tea Party members, all elected since 2008 as Tea party conservatives. That is ONE HELL OF AN IMPACT in national politics.

That's like almost 10 percent of the entire congress.

Than why in the world you suggest that we support the already established Tea Party? Which by your own admission is part of the Mainstream GOP ideology?

That's all I'm trying to get at. If independents and libertarians want their own party, they should start one, not look to hijack an already corrupt and focused group.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

This group was clearly targeted. I am not a member. But when people are denied their Constitutional Rights.

It is the job of the IRS to catch groups when they were trying to run a scam. Yes the IRS did target these groups but it wasn't invasion of privacy because when filing for non profit status you agree to let the IRS go through your paperwork. A group in Alabama screwed up on their paperwork and when threatened with jail time they sang like birds.

If I implied you were a member my apologies I never meant that.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I have filed a few Non-Profit applications in the past 20 years.

You agree to let them know your Corporations Officers and your mission statement.

If the accusations are true. They used several federal agencies as a weapon.

If true, these are a direct assault on all of us. I hope it's not true.

So the IRS is free to conduct any kind of Investigations they see fit.

What they are not free to do is conspire with other Agencies to harass our fellow citizens.

I will wait for facts. I hope nobody would dare do that.

new topics

top topics

join