It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on a photo,please?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Thank you fenian8-ach you know I did expect some rudeness and ridicule resulting from posting the pics-it's just how it works,propably on other sites as well-thank you for the support though,and yes it's a bit funny that even my avatar gets dragged into it,hey?
One would swear I took out a front page ad in the New York times,claiming I have found irrefutable proof of aliens+showing this pic as proof,the way I'm being accused of all manner of nefariousness.
Still I'm not sorry I posted it-it is a pretty interesting pic.
And I have learned things from this thread I may not have known otherwise,in a personal way,so for me,it's been worth it.
Best wishes
Rax.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Hi Chuck,thank you for your input+opinion of a balloon.
Yes we also don't use AC,s in our home-even with humidity at almost 100%-we do have ceiling fans in some rooms,which is a godsend,it can get hellish here in summer with the heat+humidity.An AC in the car would have been nice,but with the cost of everything in my country+having kids,its way down on our list of priorities.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your input ArMaP,I will take another look for the smudge when it's my turn by the pc later,gosh a lot is surfacing from this pic I did'nt notice in the slightest-from being fixated solely on the silver thingy.Birds,wires,etc-the only thing I Did notice was the appearance of refraction,but I posted regardless,as I recall my window being down+i felt the pic was worthy of others' opinions+input anyway.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by korkythecat

Hi korkythecat thank you for your input-i myself have never seen anything like this,in one of my own pics or with the naked eye.There has been ufo activity here by us,and witnessed by every member of my family,even my highly skeptical daughters-those involved lights around or after darkfall,though.Thanks again,a good day to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Yes, they do use drones but in the stories I have read it seems that they have been using the smaller drones.In august the U.S. Government said it would fund a drone program for catching poachers in africa ,maybe they have gotten bigger drones recently.

Updated: Tuesday August 6, 2013 MYT 8:46:15 AM
Drones to deter poachers

www.thestar.com.my...

June 11, 2013 4:05 PM
To Crack Down On Rhino Poaching, Authorities Turn To Drones

www.npr.org...

Nova Labs Hosts South African Delegation to Kickoff Anti-Poaching UAV Challenge

The “Skate” UAV from Aurora Flight Sciences
www.nova-labs.org...

If you haven`t seen a drone yet, keep your eyes open because you probably will.

edit on 29-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Thank you for that link Tardacus-i was not aware of this development-so good to see drones used for a good purpose too-although I do find the concept of drones flying around sinister-if they can be used against poachers it has a good application-poachers are a huge problem in Africa-and South Africa.
I saw the Kruger Park mentioned in your link,that is not too far from us,but like I said there are many large+small game reserves all over the province I live in.Good news-although the thought of drones flying around does creep me out-if it can help save species from the extinction they face through poaching,my creeped-outness is of no matter:-)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by fenian8

Its an opinion!

Don't let the chick pic soften you!!

G.I.R.L.S......

Dear AbelEndangered,
I bet you are about as much fun in real life as your avatar depicts. For Christ's sake....It was a photo someone took and wanted to get some thoughts from other people n what it could be. Instead you turn it into an inquisition. I doubt it is a ufo, but there is nothing wrong with her wondering and asking opinions.

P.S. I personally think it is a camera glitch.
edit on 9/29/2013 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Our AC is broken in our crappy lil Toyota Tazz+we have'nt had spare money to have it fixed.Sorry,not everyone have the luxuries you take for granted,so hot days mean windows down for us.

If you think I'm being dishonest in any way,that's too bad- I simply presented a pic in which I found something interesting,that I put up for analysis.

Did my thread title say:
"OMG-A GENUINE ALIEN UFO! ALIENS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!"

Or was it a simple request for opinions on an interesting anomaly in a photo?
How exactly am I being dishonest?
Why would I try+ "test the noobs"? I'm not a jerk.Look at my post history+you will see I'm actually one of the members who try to always be nice or at least fair-but I'm not going to defend myself anymore-really I have no control over what you think of me,but you happen to be wrong if you think I am so bored or such a jerk that I would "test noobs"-that is not how I operate,and luckily members who know me through my posts know that.

I DID see the refraction before I posted the pics-which is one of the reasons it puzzles me,I remember having the window down-No AC for us in the old jalopy we drive.

I did Not see the birds,which Able Endangered kindly pointed out.

I see some silver ball or disc in the sky which looks interesting-and is unidentified.

I am an honest upfront member,and as I said,there are many members on this site that knows it.

If you think I'm being a jerk ,being dishonest or trying to have fun at other people's expense-then there is simply nothing I can do about that.I can think of better ways to amuse myself than facing rudeness,false accusations+derision for merely putting a photo like this up for discussion,btw.

No need to defend yourself to this person. It should be the other way around. Guess he has nothing better to do, so feels better about himself by berating others...sad really. Thanks for sharing your pic, and don't be discouraged from doing so in the future! Oh....and my ac went out last week, so I was "windows down" for several days...no fun at all LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thank you StealthyKat:-) yes I did find it turned into the Inquisition,eh?Thanks for your opinion on the object too.I wish you a goodly day:-)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Raxoxane
I remember the window being open because it was an extremely warm afternoon,but yes,i also see refraction,which puzzles me.

Is that photo directly from your camera or did you scan an actual printed photograph? Sometimes scanning will produce distortions if there is any space between the photo and the glass.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

The Exif data points to a cell phone.

Also, it doesn't have any characteristics of being a scan of a physical object, there's always some fuzziness on a printed photo that is not present in this one.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I wasn`t aware that poaching was such a huge problem until i read some of those links. In the last 3 years kruger park has lost HALF of their rhinos to poachers, that`s a huge problem.
yeah, it`s nice to see that they will have more drones to protect the animals and keep an eye out for poachers.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ok,now i don't know what to make of this;
In this thread so far,there has been many different attempts at explaining wht the silver thingy was,by the double hill,all much appreciated,though i do not much care for being falsely accused as being a hoaxer.

However,on those pics,i was thaking the photo's from the passenger side window,which i remember being open due to the heat,some suggested i may have been mistaken,forgotten that the window was as a matter of fact rolled down,etc-but now on the following pics,there is no such doubt-this was taken through the front window(windshield) of my hubby's car. I will first post the original photo-and then the same photo put through a filter to produce the "creepy' efffect,as one of my favorite photographic genres is gothic/dark.Then i will post pics of crops,to bring the object closer.This photo was taken not on the road between the town and the provincial capital,this was photographed IN the town,miles away from the hills where the 1st photo was taken.

I am seriously beginning to think there is some drone patrolling our area,but i may be completely wrong.

NB!!! if anyone wants to call me a hoaxer about this request for opinions-i SHALL report you to admin,as this is LIBEL/SLANDER and i shall Not stand for it-not because i think i am "all that" and untouchable-but because i am not making definite claims about this object,i am not trying to convince anyone of anything-i am asking for input on something that has me puzzled-that is ALL i am doing,and to be insulted+SLANDERED as a hoaxer, for sharing something of interest and ASKING FOR OPINIONS,instead of making wild+wacky claims is unacceptable.Capice?

edit on 12-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It does look similar to the object in the first photo, whatever it may be. Too bad the photo is too dark.

As for the first photo being taken through the open window, what I think happened is that you had the window open but that photo was taken through the windshield. You can see that in this second photo there's a diagonal line from the reflection of the dashboard (or whatever that thing with the dials is called
), with the opposite inclination of the line seen in the first photo. That makes me think that, as you now took the photo pointing to your right, you took the first photo pointing to the left, through the windshield.

Edited to add: did you noticed the object when you took the photo?

edit on 12/10/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Raxoxane

I think i see a really faint pole under that object...

Parking lot light maybe?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I'm going to drive into town later today,i have to do 1-2 things,then i will take photo's,see if there is such a tall lamp,to be sure,because i hope i do find such a lamp,otherwise it's gonna bug me till i find out for sure.I'd hate the thought of something like this flying around my area,so i hope it's just that.Will report back soon as i've been in town.That did cross my mind,actually,thanks for your input.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMap,no,i did,nt see it with the naked eye,first time i saw it was when i was busy with the pic for the gothic-effect filtering-but as i said to AE,i want to go and see if it could possibly be a very tall parkinglot light,and also of course drive up the same road to see what i can see in proper daylight,it was going towards dusk when i took this one-will report back.
Edit: i was not scrutinising the scene when i took the photo,one of my spur of the moment shots,as so many of my photo's are-just shoot+later see if it will pass muster on its own,if it can be enhanded with a filter,etc-the only pics i take time with are portraits,and animal photo's,where one has to wait..and wait..for them to be still enough-skypics,or pics like this,often i just snap because they come out much more dramatic with filters.I propably should start paying more attention to the scene before i shoot,in "general area' shots-thing is,one never Expects anything unusual to show up,well i have'nt,thus far.Will certainly scrutinise the scenes more before/as i'm shooting,from now on

edit on 12-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What town was the picture taken in ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join