It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on a photo,please?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Flying snow white tortoise!

No actually, how about a pock mark on the windshield from a rock?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

No AE it was me wanting members' opinion on what the silver thingy is-that's all.
You seem to find that strange-fine,it's your right to think what you want.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Ostrich , Emu Farm, Bird Observatory?

I was excited about your pic til you can almost make a reflection on the right of image off the glass ur behind.

The shot seems too high for a car. I think your standing. Maybe a high SUV style vehicle with wide windows.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hi Trexter,I would have noticed a mark on the windshield by my side,the passenger side,i'm in the car almost every day-but i recall the window being down because of the extreme warmth anyway-so what puzzles me is the refraction effect-i did notice that before posting the pics,btw-but its the round silver ball that intrigues me most.
It kind of reminds me of those old German airships,like the one that crashed,the Hindenburg.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

i Wish we had an SUV or 4x4 or Ute of some sort-we drive a Toyota Tazz,i'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I thank everyone for their input so far,bedtime for me,i will be back tomorrow,goodnight+best wishes.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Hi Trexter,I would have noticed a mark on the windshield by my side,the passenger side,i'm in the car almost every day-but i recall the window being down because of the extreme warmth anyway-so what puzzles me is the refraction effect-i did notice that before posting the pics,btw-but its the round silver ball that intrigues me most.
It kind of reminds me of those old German airships,like the one that crashed,the Hindenburg.

Ok. You keep mentioning the heat of the day as the reason your window HAD to be down. What? No AC? Heat does not always equal window down. In fact it almost always equals window UP (and AC on) in my world. I'm still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're simply remembering wrongly. But, it's getting harder and harder to do so with your insistence that the window was down; especially when you have trouble even remembering what date or time of day the shot was snapped.

I suppose another innocent explanation (although a bit shady) would be like ableendanger said, it's a noob test/joke. But, in my experience, people don't invest as much time and energy concocting stories in cases like that as you have in this thread. But who knows, right?

Sorry, but thinking about this whole thing again, the reflections/refractions are just too obvious and your story and replies in this thread too unconvincing to me (and others, it seems) to keep me suspending disbelief. I'm gonna have to go with some sort of dishonesty. It's too bad really, cuz that white spot could be anything really. Even a real, honest-to-goodness Beta Reticularian FTL craft on a full-on Butt Probe Mission with a Cattle Mutilation and Bigfoot Transport secondary objective. But, due to what I see as, at the very least, misleading background info re: the taking of the photo, we (I, really) have to discard the whole of your claim.

Oh. Lastly. Just noticed one more anomaly in the shot. What's that circular dark smudge-like thing in the area above what people are calling the wire or cable or whatever on the left side of the pic? Looks like a finger smudge on the window. That would go beyond reflections/refraction to prove to me that your window was up for whatever reason.

Too bad. I would have liked to be able to discuss the object you tried to focus us on. Can't. Not with all the questions I have about your story specifically and the photo in general.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

35Foxtrot
In fact it almost always equals window UP (and AC on) in my world.

No everybody lives in "your world", I don't even have a car. Most people in Portugal don't have AC on their cars or home.

Oh. Lastly. Just noticed one more anomaly in the shot. What's that circular dark smudge-like thing in the area above what people are calling the wire or cable or whatever on the left side of the pic? Looks like a finger smudge on the window. That would go beyond reflections/refraction to prove to me that your window was up for whatever reason.

That looks like something on the lens, not on a glass some centimetres away, it's too out of focus.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I live in south GA - I roll the windows down when it gets hot. Not everyone is AC dependent like you. I can assume (on a limb) that you keep your homes windows and doors closed year-round, regardless of outside temp.

Last year, got over 100 with the heat index - still didn't use the home AC....drank ice-tea and used fans like normal people. The shocker was, no one ever complained of allergies in the house. No one got sick last year.

Soooo...to state dumb facts to negate what a person said they did - you need to get out more and enjoy life.

Note-Its a balloon.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

Ostrich , Emu Farm, Bird Observatory?

I was excited about your pic til you can almost make a reflection on the right of image off the glass ur behind.

The shot seems too high for a car. I think your standing. Maybe a high SUV style vehicle with wide windows.

So the, your, main focus topic are the 'birds' and 'artifacts' that other members stated? ...and not the white blip thingie?? WTF are you on? Reflection artifacts 99% of the time are a bit see through. The white blip isn't.

The 'birds,' OMG I can't believe you can't tell with your self proclaimed expertise, are branches and tree trunks.

You need to focus your limp keyboard attack on those who suggested such things. Then again, the OP did ask for suggestions and not dumbassery.

-CN

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for posting your picture.

I too have seen one of these, very similar, yet another person nearby did not. It seems to me that sometimes a camera will show something that couldn't be seen at the time with the naked eye, and some people see these UFO's and some don't.
I believe these silvery vehicles are unoccupied monitoring equipment, I once took a photo and there were loads of these shiny silvery things just sitting on the ground - some like trashcans just a cylinder, some spheres. I wish I still had that photo!! That was in London at the time of the olympics.
I think they are everywhere we just can't normally see them.
I think they are benign in nature.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Jeez, the op has put a picture up for us to give our opinion on. some on here are being bang out of order attacking the OP like this. I doubt very much the OP is some kind of master at photographic forgery, just asking our opinion. And whats this "noob test" stuff. Jesus AbleEndangered, the OP asked for an opinion WTH???? ATS is changing alright!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Its an opinion!

Don't let the chick pic soften you!!

G.I.R.L.S......

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No the OP is asking our opinion!!!! Chick Pics???? G.I,R.L.S? Are you for real? At least add something to the thread instead of your self inflated opinions of b?@lsh"t. Your a creepy troll man.......spooky.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It`s probably a drone looking for poachers.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Our AC is broken in our crappy lil Toyota Tazz+we have'nt had spare money to have it fixed.Sorry,not everyone have the luxuries you take for granted,so hot days mean windows down for us.

If you think I'm being dishonest in any way,that's too bad- I simply presented a pic in which I found something interesting,that I put up for analysis.

Did my thread title say:
"OMG-A GENUINE ALIEN UFO! ALIENS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!"

Or was it a simple request for opinions on an interesting anomaly in a photo?
How exactly am I being dishonest?
Why would I try+ "test the noobs"? I'm not a jerk.Look at my post history+you will see I'm actually one of the members who try to always be nice or at least fair-but I'm not going to defend myself anymore-really I have no control over what you think of me,but you happen to be wrong if you think I am so bored or such a jerk that I would "test noobs"-that is not how I operate,and luckily members who know me through my posts know that.

I DID see the refraction before I posted the pics-which is one of the reasons it puzzles me,I remember having the window down-No AC for us in the old jalopy we drive.

I did Not see the birds,which Able Endangered kindly pointed out.

I see some silver ball or disc in the sky which looks interesting-and is unidentified.

I am an honest upfront member,and as I said,there are many members on this site that knows it.

If you think I'm being a jerk ,being dishonest or trying to have fun at other people's expense-then there is simply nothing I can do about that.I can think of better ways to amuse myself than facing rudeness,false accusations+derision for merely putting a photo like this up for discussion,btw.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

So if my avatar was a tree or Shrek or a dolphin or a rock-i would be taken more seriously by you? You're funny AE,I'll say that much for you-but newsflash-does'nt matter What one's avatar is-in the alien+ufo forum one Will take a lot of flak about whatever you post.It's just how it works on this site.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Correct so far,except I do my cropping with Windows Office 2010,it is a built-in function on our pc,would'nt know,I am a dunce when it comes to pc's- I did use Paint.Net for the usual editing on a realistic as opposed to artistic pic,meaning brightness down juuust a tad+contrast up juuust a tad-i do this with all my non-artistic photo's-gives an instantly more professional look to any snapshot.
How spooky though,that so much detail can be derived from an uploaded pic,all that's left out is the color of my panties-and the fact it was cropped with Windows Office photo editor.Its far quicker+easier than Paint's cropper,well for me anyway.

The hills are on a property belonging to Vantage Goldfields,btw,I think the road is called the R40.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Hi Tardacus that is an interesting take on it-there is a lot of wildlife in this province,its my country's premier tourist location for wildlife,eg the Kruger Park+many other small private+public game reserves(we live slap bang up next to a small private game reserve ourselves,the zebras often come right up to our fence,so delightful)
I know there are many anti-poaching units n my country+especially this province,but I honestly don't know if any use drones.Maybe it is,idk what one looks like,myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join