It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELYSIUM - Hollywood against Mars Alternative 3, campaigning for Obamacare and Alternative 4 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Dear ATS friends,

This thread addresses those who may have seen the recent Hollywood Science Fiction action movie Elysium starring Matt Damon, where there is a struggle of the general population to survice in economic hardship and ill health, while a tiny elite lives it up in an artificial hi-tech colony outside of our atmosphere.

Plea for Obama Care or for Alternative 4 ?

In this post, I suggest that this is in fact a campaign by its author, producer and or director to promote what has become known as Alternative 4, which comes in this instance in contradiction to the better known Alternative 3 of a small human survival colony situated on the planet Mars. For more on Alternative 4, you may refer to the project defended by Laura Eisenhower, who denounced the shadow government's call for her to join the Alternative 3 Mars Colony. Her project has come to be known as Alternative 4, and it is a project to extend salvation to the broader population, similarly to the ambition of the movie Elysium. This is proposed to be accomplished by promoting a new public awakening, in order to eventually achieve a sustainable civilization on Earth.

We can also note that while this might make sense, we can ask ourselves what this might have to do with the planet Mars, at least in terms of the movie Elysium. Well, the name chosen for this colony might not have been drawn from a hat, but could possibly be a form of discrete leak by people in the know, of where the Mars Alternative 3 colony might actually be located? Here is a map of Mars, kindly posted by another ATS member. You will note within it that you can find two mentions of Elysium, that of the Elysium Rise and also the Elysium Province. Interestingly, Elysium is located right next to the UTOPIA basin...

In this image of the planetary cartography of Mars, you can see several mentions of Elysium, one showing it to be an entire "Province" of the planet. Hence we must take stock of what a province means in its dictionary definition. It is not merely a random geographic region for which a name has been imagined. A PROVINCE is a "principal administrative division of certain countries or empires". Hence the implication that Mars has been colonized already, and is currently being managed and governed by undisclosed powers.

Elysium as a survival colony may stand for the real location in which such a place might be situated. In fact it is conceivable that a Mars base has been designed and constructed over the past half century in order to establish a refuge for the Elite in the potential scenario of impending cataclysm, whether in the form of asteroids, climate change, earth crust shifts, or even a lunch room pit stop for hungry visiting ETs ? Whatever the envisaged risk, our power elite seems to have taken it seriously enough to evaluate risks and possibly engage considerable resources towards such a task.

The relationship between Obama and Obama Care, as alluded to in this movie, is rather simple. More hidden is the relationship between Obama and Alternative 3 or even Alternative 4. This can be investigated by exploring threads on that topic in this and other forums, as well as by checking out websites where claims are made regarding Barry Sotero's connection with the CIA's portals to Mars in the 1980's.

White House Denies CIA Teleported Obama to Mars

We can thus ask ourselves, before considerable evidence of "Secret Space Programs" involving Military Intelligence, whether there has not been a policy directive to protect the survival of the species, and use selective breeding to "rescue" in the event of a cataclysm those considered to be the better representative samples for future breeding. Of course, those involved in such decisions would have a natural tendency to protect themselves and their own families and social group, implying a distortion of selection criteria in favor of whomever is connected to the power structure. Hence the emergence of an Elitist plan for the upper classes to survive and those of us left behind, as the less keyed in lower segments, are left to die.

Other ATS members who have seen this movie may wish to contribute additional analyses around aspects of the plot and scenario, as well as key words in the script which might reflect very real Military Industrial Extraterrestrial Complex projects which are today underway to advance one small social group while rendering the rest of humanity expendable. Please feel free to join in with a critique of this theory with any contradictory or complementary ideas as you would like to share.

In any case I find it reassuring that at least through the medium of generally disregarded science fiction, considered to be fantastic and far removed from reality, those in the know can find an outlet to help the truth become more widely known. To what extent Hollywood movies become a platform to campaign for orientation of hidden policies of the secret government, by wielding influence over public perception in the wider society, is another area of interest to investigate.

Cheers,

Getsmart

edit on 28-9-2013 by Getsmart because: sometimes Reality is stranger than Science Fiction !

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Interesting analysis however I think that film is less to do with literal space and exploration/colonization as it does with the idea of a two tiered society one for the elite and one for the commoners. This would not surprise me this very concept as in Elysium has been pushed since H.G. Wells and his two tiered society in the Time Machine. In the 80s or early 90s there was a Japanese Manga/Anime called Battle Angel Alita that was very very similar. You have a technologically advanced elite living in a floating city and their refuse is the tech of the commoners on the street level who are barely scraping by of course the Japanese story has a lot of transhumanist tones with the protagonist who is a cyborg and her companions who dream of making it to the floating city. I will have to do some further research on this alternative 3 and 4.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yeah. That film dealt with the idea that society is trending towards two distinct classes -- the Privileged Class who have everything, and an underprivileged Working Class who are often impoverished. In this scenario, which is a favorite among science fiction writers, there is no "middle class".

And the name "Elysium" fits this idea perfectly. Elysium and the Elysian Fields in Greek Mythology was an afterlife paradise that was reserved only for the Gods, Heroes, and people who the Gods deemed as "worthy". It was a place only for the privilege few.

edit on 9/28/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What I noticed when I watched the film was the shape of the space station in some scenes. Here is the original design shape:

here it is in the fim:

kinda reminds me of this:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

I haven't watched that movie, and SCI FI is my favorite, no wonder all my interests around it. Hopefully it will be a nice movie, looks great.

As for any connection with the things you mention, I find zero, in fact that makes no sense... and looks like some bad speculation. Thanks for posting the movie trailer though, haven't watched in a long time.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I find it very interesting that without having viewed the movie, and therefore having zero reference point for this thread's theory, you are able to conclude that there is zero connection between anything. It is amusing to note how Zero experience of Zero film brings you Zero knowledge about said movie. Maybe that this can possibly lead you to conclude to a giant circular Zero reflects more on the absence of rigor in your thought process than on the theories which are presented in this thread.

Elysium can be seen at movie theaters as well as rented in video stores or from DVD automats. Not having seen it, one might expect a modicum of awareness that one is not "clued in" and unable to form a plausible judgment on the topic.

After all, isn't one supposed to properly examine elements of evidence, and weigh them in context, prior to judging what validity they may contain? For you to publicly declare them as invalid and worthless, while de facto disqualifying yourself from any possible sound judgment - having no basis for it other than ignorance - would definitely be a bad call for any conscious thinker or conscientious ATS forum contributor.

With zero basis saying there is zero connection would be a simple dialectical disinformation tactic, if this happened to be computer generated bot-derived drivel, designed to pollute or derail conspiracy forum threads which might present the risk of exposing an actual conspiracy or a given group's agenda. Such software exists and government programs to subvert forums such as ATS have been made public, so there are indeed such postings right here at ATS - it is for each of us to detect false identities and software-generated drivel.

While I prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt, I would in fact prefer if such replies were indeed hatched by poorly programmed or faulty disruption software, sent to derail conspiracy discussions. In my view that is a far less worrisome prospect than the more displeasing conclusion that living breathing members might join ATS, who are so lazy as to do zero research prior to posting. Too lazy even to go to the trouble of passively viewing a movie.

I would rather not believe that real people exist, whose mind is just as programmed as the disinformation software used by intel services to penetrate our discussions. In the case that I am incorrect, it is all the more appalling to abandon one's critical thinking - in a conspiracy forum, of all places ! Please reflect upon this...

skyblueworld
What I noticed when I watched the film was the shape of the space station in some scenes. Here is the original design shape:

here it is in the fim:

kinda reminds me of this:

Thanks Skyblueworld for your interesting contribution to the discussion, that of the symbology used for the physical shape of Elysium as shown in the film. Let us remember that the Pentagram or Pentacle, used upside down or right side up, is one of the most central "MAGICK" symbols used for thousands of years of human history. It can also be found used in many ritual sites, as has been ascertained by another ATS member in this thread:

Pentagram in Hyde Park revealed by ATS member de1111codEiT

Also we can see that a Pentagram has some interesting significance in solar system geometry here, not pertaining to Mars but instead to the planet Venus (please note that I do not agree with that OP's conclusions, but find the geometric information interesting):

Lucifer = Planet Venus, not Satan - PROOF

Regardless of whether or not we believe there is a legitimate basis for the Pentagram having significance, let alone any innate occult power, what is important is that the ruling elite who might be at the initiative of a very real ELYSIUM or Mars Alternative 3 agenda, happen to believe that this is so. In evidence of those involved in the current official NASA space program being so convinced, here is something connecting the Pentagram shape with space exploration.

Pentagram Shaped Rocket Propulsion ???

Whether it is simply an allusion to Alien technology considered in ancient times to be associated with occult knowledge and Magic veiled in mystery, or whether there is some valid reason for which such a symbolic shape might hold some form of power, we can recognize this symbol's presence among us in many secret societies as well as in the architecture of power groups, such as in Washington DC where there are images of Pentagrams embedded in the city's design including more recently the Pentagon which is actually the heart of a Pentagram. FWIW.

MASONIC SYMBOLS OF POWER IN THEIR SEAT OF POWER -- WASHINGTON, D.C.

Getsmart
edit on 30-9-2013 by Getsmart because: the Elite involved in Alternative 3 might be Pentagram worshippers ?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

In the busy time I have I was only able to grasp the part of living on Mars, some existing base being already there where humans or the Elite are living and that the movie represents this. On this part with finding things on Mars other than rocks, or any claim that the gov are building a base or city secretly somewhere is highly speculative and just wrong. I saw the trailer so I get it what the movie is about.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok, so here goes...and btw, I have not seen Elysium. I am commenting on Elitist goals and such.

Ever since I was a mature teenager, and therefore capable of becoming a father (well, I was capable earlier, but, wasn't mature), I've often had the thought that having more than two children per couple is unfair. *I* feel, not that I would subject anyone else to this, but *I* feel that really having more than one child with a spouse is unfair. I lived in a children's home for little over a year as a young teenager, and experienced first hand how there are good kids out there that simply need a home and love.

Now, I also feel that our adoption process is beyond retardedly complex and expensive.

That being said, in my life, I know that if we have any more children, it will be through adoption.

Now, all of that being said, it is based in a belief that either we are not doing enough to curb world hunger and basic human needs, or are not able to do enough. I personally feel that it is the former, and not the later.

Should a SHTF scenario occur, or Agenda 21, or what have you, the logical part of my brain does kick in. Is it at all possible that this situation can be fair to all peoples? No. Should it have been thought through and provided for all, *absolutely*.

just my $.02.

- SN

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
it all started in 20th of june 1977... Strange articles about abduction of scientists, or strange deaths of scientists.. At the same time the covering up, for all nasa or Russian space programs etc.

They say that Russia and USA, deliberately moving humanity in its extinction and the whole thing, with alternatives, is how to save their dirty as#$...

Alternative 1 : to nuke earth and create big holes into earths core, that would save the thing from earths destruction, but it would destroy the ozone shield. So they declined it.

alternative 2 : to select specific caste of humans and transfer them into the earth's core, because earth holds an internal atmosphere and they could survive there. But it was rejected, because when catastrophe comes into the external crust, it will slowly move into the internal as well.

alternative 3 : move to another planet and that planet is Arhs (marsh). (only a small group of scientists and them).

I will give them an alternative 4 : they will all die, them, their masters and their whole existence. Whatever they do... Others will come and restore planet earth "without them". And that is going to happen. As for the marsh dream, its out of the water, no way... They are dead, before they even go there.

All alternatives have to do with destruction of planet earth, because thats what they want to do, thats what they do by their nature, destroying life and planets.. But they wont be allowed, they will all die instead.
edit on 3-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A bump because I've recently seen the movie. I think it is meant as a warning how society is going to be divided in the rich and poor, somewhat different than the OP meant. It could have been done on the ground but the idea of a spacestation makes the divide more real between people in space and on the ground and also makes it easier to defend.

The movie is somewhat realistic, only critique is the situation of the poor are still too optimistic, they should have been portrayed as savages living in abandoned homes foraging for food with a few small communities revolving around people with some knowledge to teach others.

The idea of people working on robots is wrong, it should be massive factories all operated by robots which create new robots and maintain current ones.

There should have been robots in there hunting for people with good DNA, not upholding order or there should be references about the people on Elysium having technology to manipulate and enhance DNA, for diversity reasons. Maybe a couple of sexslaves, since the Elysium people would value knowledge and training and judge someone's worth because of that and the uneducated savages left behind would be seen as worthless, nobody would care about them, they would have no use towards the Elysium.

The movie should be a wake up call for many for what is to come. If only it wasn't about a spacestation but more realistic like a group of people on some remote island. Most people who see this movie might think this is like a century away comparing it to current spacestations like ISS but it can all happen within 2-4 decades.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You gotta take in consideration that Neil Bloomkamp was in the work of making a movie after the Halo franchise before the project fell apart at Universal. He really loved the Halo universe and thats no coincidence that some of the ships actually look like the pelicans from the video game. Also note the design of the Elysium space station pretty much speaks for itself, as for the name it was taken from the name of a planet in the Halo universe as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's more a heavy-handed and poorly written commentary of the have and have-nots that is full of plot holes and actions that make no real sense.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

jesiaha
Also note the design of the Elysium space station pretty much speaks for itself, as for the name it was taken from the name of a planet in the Halo universe as well.

Yes and no. 'Elysium' is originally taken from Greek mythology, and was the idyllic place (sort of like heaven) where Heroes and the few "chosen ones" (chosen by the gods) would live after they died.

It was basically a perfect place to live (albeit in death), but was reserved for only a select few. Other than the afterlife part of that definition, that is a good description of the space station in the movie.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
Yeah. That film dealt with the idea that society is trending towards two distinct classes -- the Privileged Class who have everything, and an underprivileged Working Class who are often impoverished. In this scenario, which is a favorite among science fiction writers, there is no "middle class".

Yep, see also: The Hunger Games.

Or NBC's series Revoluton.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Alternative 3 was a lot of fun to watch. Tons of vintage space footage in that movie.

The space station in Elysium is modelled off a Stanford Torus. Its not an occult reference.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

1ofthe9
Alternative 3 was a lot of fun to watch. Tons of vintage space footage in that movie.

The space station in Elysium is modelled off a Stanford Torus. Its not an occult reference.

Yep. Everything old is new again apparently.

Gerard O'Neill designer of the Stanford Torus

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

jesiaha
Also note the design of the Elysium space station pretty much speaks for itself, as for the name it was taken from the name of a planet in the Halo universe as well.

Yes and no. 'Elysium' is originally taken from Greek mythology, and was the idyllic place (sort of like heaven) where Heroes and the few "chosen ones" (chosen by the gods) would live after they died.

It was basically a perfect place to live (albeit in death), but was reserved for only a select few. Other than the afterlife part of that definition, that is a good description of the space station in the movie.

Oh you're totally right about that
I was merely pointing it out as another Halo reference. In the Halo universe, Elysium, was a city on the planet Eridanus II. Thats actually the city in which John-117(Master Chief) grew up before being chosen for the Spartan program. No doupt though that the producers of the franchise made the reference with greek mythology.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Heh, yea the themes in the movie. Interesting.
Wealth and healthcare for a select group of society who has separated itself from everyone else by way of space station and doesnt allow anyone in. O.o

The tech though in the movie was what I thought was great. The, exo suit Damon wears which is in development now. Cant say I enjoyed the thought of the neural implant plug or bolting this thing to the skeleton. The table though, BINGO. Right on. Diagnosis and healing right in the home. The drones, meh... still iffy about drones policing.
edit on 9-1-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join