It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mao's 'Little Red Book' to Be Reprinted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In celebration of China's own Mao Tse-tung's 120th birthday, they are printing what could be a 'new version' of the infamous 'Little Red Book'.

Sources say the 'revised' edition will be more politically friendly.

Apparently China's current 'Leader', Xi Jinping is a stern Maoist.

What will all those international corporations (many American) doing big business in China do now ?

..... Probably celebrate just like anybody else !!

Marxism has 'progressed' the international global corporatist agenda quite well in China.

Grampaw Karl would be proud !!

Communist dictator Mao Tse-tung's infamous Little Red Book--also known as Quotations from Chairman Mao--is the second most published book in history, second only to the Bible. Now, just in time for Christmas, Chinese readers will be able to purchase a new version in November to mark the 120th anniversary of Mao's birth.

Scholars say the reintroduction of Mao's manifesto echoes China's leader Xi Jinping's embrace of Maoism.

"Xi believes in Maoism," political scientist Zhang Ming told The Guardian "He wants to completely revive Mao's policy and he has already started it."

And of course, somebody from the White House is probably all teary eyed too !!

Mao's American fans also include former Obama White House communications chief Anita Dunn. In 2009, Dunn told an audience of high school students that Mao and Mother Theresa were "two of my favorite political philosophers" and were "the two people that I turn to most."

[ wonder if she'll be first in line for an autographed certified copy ! ]

PerrrrrFECT !!

"Mao Tse-tung, who for decades held absolute power over the lives of one-quarter of the world's population, was responsible for well over 70 million deaths in peacetime, more than any other twentieth-century leader."
Wuups !

Mao's 'Little Red Book' to Be Reprinted

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Mao's American fans also include former Obama White House communications chief Anita Dunn. In 2009, Dunn told an audience of high school students that Mao and Mother Theresa were "two of my favorite political philosophers" and were "the two people that I turn to most."

Truly unbelievable, I am sure that Mao is leaping forward in his grave greatly.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mao liberated 600 millions downtrodden Chinese.

We were just sored for backing the wrong ass in Chiang Kaishek.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

mypan

If you are happy with 45 million dead Chinese, I guess your 'liberation' was a bargain.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

greencmp

mypan

If you are happy with 45 million dead Chinese, I guess your 'liberation' was a bargain.

Why should I be happy with dead Chinese ? I just pointed out that Mao was the better leader of the Chinese at that time. If he was such a scum, the majority of Chinese won't be celebrating him.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

mypan

greencmp

mypan

Why should I be happy with dead Chinese ? I just pointed out that Mao was the better leader of the Chinese at that time. If he was such a scum, the majority of Chinese won't be celebrating him.

Why indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Mao was a monster. The cultural revolution was one of the worst episodes in the whole of human history.

The Chinese one party state is grubbing around for excuses to maintain its legitimacy in the face of a population becoming wealthy and worldly.

Harking back to old 'heroes' is one way to try and deflect criticism, picking fights with hated regional enemies is another. I can see all of this being used to some extent.

I cant for one minute see all the wealthy capitalists in China donning the olive outfits and rushing out the tend the fields. China is about as communist as donald trump and its not likely to go back that way.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would be interested to see some substantiation of that 70mil number. Huge numbers smack of falsehoods to statistically minded people.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I would be interested to see some substantiation of that 70mil number. Huge numbers smack of falsehoods to statistically minded people.

Yeah, I picked the highest estimate I knew of directly associated with the cultural revolution and the great leap forward. The estimates range from 20 to 45 million as far I know but, I am sure that more died later.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Mao after the consolidation (winning the war) told the women of China give us babies for our revolution; the good Maoist females complied.... several years later with a huge population that the central planners decided they could not feed, they put the one child policy in effect. Today there are 40% more males than females in China. So, IMO Mao's killing never stopped, if you consider all the baby girls aborted because parents wanted males to feed them in their old age.

Anyone who glorifies Mao and his policies needs to speak to a Chinese who lived in those times and left in fear for their life. Actually we have a few people here on ATS who lived in China so maybe they will chime in.

top topics

join