It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lights in the sky being reported accross the east coast might be a meteor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hi all I just saw this on breaking news.

A lot of meteors lately..

this is the tweet
Skyview camera catches lights in the sky; eight other states report seeing the same lights, which may be a meteor

edit on 27-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta another tweet
Bright green meteor reported in several East Coast and Midwest states; Indiana, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan so far

edit on 28-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

were they moving?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
hi i found a short video of it
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

thanks for the video

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I can confirm that I saw this at approximately 11:30PM in the Columbus, Ohio area. It made the entire sky glow green for a few seconds, kind of like lightning, then I saw the streak. It was HUGE, stretched across the majority of the sky, lingered for a few seconds, then the trail was gone. It was also moving incredibly fast. It didn't make any noise or anything either. This was easily the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the sky in my life.

One more edit: I don't believe the video is the same thing that I saw tonight. What I saw had a trail about 5x longer than whats in that video, not to mention a three hour gap between when the video was shot and when I saw it.

Edit: Spelling
edit on 28-9-2013 by Lee2563 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2013 by Lee2563 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

What's the official explanation on all these meteors lately?
It's becoming all too common.

A few years ago on here ,any reports of meteors were called space junk.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
3 strange clusters of strobing lights can be seen over Indianapolis right now. They are stationary but definitely not stars or planets. More than a few people have reported seeing them.
I have no idea what they are but I watch the sky from my hot tub nearly every night these suckers are not usually there.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee2563

You're lucky to have seen this!
Good explanation

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

stormy46237
3 strange clusters of strobing lights can be seen over Indianapolis right now. They are stationary but definitely not stars or planets. More than a few people have reported seeing them.
I have no idea what they are but I watch the sky from my hot tub nearly every night these suckers are not usually there.

Do have a camera nearby?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

violet
What's the official explanation on all these meteors lately?

Who would be the official in charge of making any "official" explanation?

violet
It's becoming all too common.

Lots of people keep saying that, but:
- Ever since amateur astronomers existed, some of them have had an interest in meteors. Almost any large amateur astronomy group will have a meteor division. And they arent reporting any increase recently.

- Ever since amateur radio existed, some of them have had an interest in meteor scatter. ie: bouncing signals off meteor debris. And they arent reporting any increase in the phenomenon recently.

- Youtube.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yes, I've got a professional photographer in the family and she's on it. Not a lot of good zoom capability but she's trying.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Was listening to the radio when a trucker called in to the show... He said the Sky really lit up (Ohio) and there are reports of a sonic boom... He even mentioned dust on the hood of his truck... If true, the dust thing that quick is weird or the meteorite was really sheading and close.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My cousin who lives in Dayton just posted on Facebook that she was outside about 30 minutes ago and saw a huge orange and green ball of light streak across the sky, she said the whole sky lit up.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Octave

Going by the time difference of reports it looks like some sort of shower. And dust? Wow that may mean some will be reporting strikes. Well we will see.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
in my rush to post didn't notice it was for an event back in may so I take back the link.
edit on 28-9-2013 by 1Angrylightbulb because: wrong date of event

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I just talked to a friend of mine who is sitting around a campfire right now in West Liberty, Kentucky with 10 people and they saw a huge single white ball of light streak across the sky, she said it was absolutely blinding. Totally freak them all out.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Octave
I just talked to a friend of mine who is sitting around a campfire right now in West Liberty, Kentucky with 10 people and they saw a huge single white ball of light streak across the sky, she said it was absolutely blinding. Totally freak them all out.

Well damm I'm going outside to look at the sky

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It sounds cool but until we know what's going on I'm glad to be in Phoenix. I'll watch the videos from the safety of my computer screen.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Something is up.... A few people from my area here in Indiana also said they saw something flash up the night sky.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 777righteous

Im going out in North East Pennsylvania to check this out in the country side and see if I can see anything more

Didn't see anything over 15min period, but there are some clouds in the sky.
edit on 9/28/13 by SixX18 because: update

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join