It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pussy Riot's Nadezhda Tolokonnikova in prison clinic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Russian prison officials have moved a member of the punk band Pussy Riot to a medical unit at the penal colony where she is on hunger strike.

The news about Nadezhda Tolokonnikova was reported on Twitter by her husband, Pyotr Verzilov.

"Nadya is now in hospital, but they're refusing to provide documents about that, or to meet the defence [team]. A blockade has begun," he said.

Pussy Riot's Nadezhda Tolokonnikova in prison clinic

Starting her hunger strike on monday her lawyer told the media that she was very weak, when authorities found out she was placed in solidarity for her own safety.

She and another band member, Maria Alyokhina, were jailed after performing a crude protest song in a Moscow cathedral. A third band member was released on appeal.

Their act was regarded as blasphemous by many Russians but caused an international uproar

as well as storys of abuse..

Alleged abuses
Requests by Tolokonnikova and Alyokhina for parole were rejected. Tolokonnikova's release date is expected to be 3 March 2014.

On Thursday Tolokonnikova alleged that she had been left without drinking water in her cell and that a guard had grabbed her arms and shoulders. She described it as the first use of physical force against her, and urged the authorities to transfer her to a different prison.

The prison service denied her account, saying her water bottles had been replaced with warm water on doctors' advice and physical force had not been used against her

She said female inmates were treated like "slaves", working 17 hours a day sewing police uniforms.

If they failed to meet their quotas they were punished by being denied food, prevented from using the bathroom or made to stand outside in the cold, she wrote

So she clames abuse and long hours of hard work, her lawyer states that she is physicly weak and had low blood pressure, still the prision denies these aligations and say they never worked more then 8 hours a day

edit on 27-9-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Despite the righteousness of the article, it seemed boring...I fixed it for you.

Pussy in prison clinic

Sure does read better...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

Their act was regarded as blasphemous by many Russians but caused an international uproar

While I realize that pro-Putin fervor is at its height around here (being Time's man-of-the-year and all), can no one see the injustice of imprisoning someone for playing in an obnoxious band? I certainly wouldn't want any of you to be on a jury in my country.

When did Russians start using the word "blasphemous?"

new topics

join