It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic link shown between Indian subcontinent and Mesopotamia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Yeah... I post that link every time I get a change to do so.

Thank you for your contribution. I did not see it before. I'm still reading articles from Kinshipstudies.
I'm going through the category list, but it's a lot of info.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yes,
There is a lot of info on that blog, and some of it is pretty esoteric stuff.
The newest entry about archaic persistence in Eurasia is very intriguing. Some of the aspects of tutkual culture are very similar to certain aspects of certain native American tribes on the coast of so cal and into the desert, namely cobble based tools and a lack of projectile points or a blade based industry.
Those ancient people have also been chacterized as having archaic morphologys.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Excellent contributions Sinter Klass and Pumpkinworks, whoa heavy reading. I'll have to read that over at least twice or more to understand what has been presented.

It will be interesting to see how all this falls out in 20-25 years

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I need to read some articles several time and still don't really understand half.
Probably because I lack the scientific background needed to decipher a lot of of the expensive words, i never learned, and if I did, it was in another language.

It gets easier though.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

LUXUS
There is a linguistic link too, if you remember that in vedic text the battle between the devas and the assur.

Assur is the name of a city, the name of the chief god among the Assuri people of Mesopotamia.

Interesting also that the ancient Egyptians credited the foundation of their civilization to Osiris also known as Asar, Asari, Aser, Ausar, Ausir, Wesir, Usir, Usire or Ausare....note Asari denotes him to be one of the Assuri people, probably an ancient king amongst them

edit on 29-9-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

the only connection you are making is how limited the sounds people can make when using english.
it's pure cherry picking words that have letters that are also in other words.

the devas fought the asura, not the assur. there was no people called assuri...ever, the name of the people was the assyrians, and their god was ashur and he had nothing to do with india.

i mean come on... you are mashing together three different languages to come up with this nonsense. deva and asura are translated sanskrit words, osiris is an egyptian word translated via greek to englsh, and the other names are just how people attempted to translate the name since it has no vowels. it isn't a name for ashur, since akkadian has no relation to egyptian or sanskrit.

how in the world does having the name translated to asari denote osirus is part of some made up people called the "assuri"? osirus was a king... of egypt, he was a god too.

if you call this linguistics, please go learn how linguistics works, you don't just look at letters in english, you look at the source language and how the words relate to other languages in the area, this is important. you also look at what words mean.
the only relation devas has with akkadian is that the two words for god, devas and dingr have a d in them.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Hanslune
Genetic studies have shown connections between populations in western (modern) India/Pakistan and Mesopotamia.

Research was also carried out by another team (Sołtysiak et al 2013) examining fifty-nine dental non-metric traits on a sample of teeth from 350 human skeletons excavated at three sites in the lower middle Euphrates valley. This showed a stable population until after the Mongolian invasion which resulted in a large depopulation of northern Mesopotamia in the 13th century CE. The final major change occurred during the 17th century with Bedouin tribes arriving from the Arabian Peninsula.

New study

This may represent either that the individuals are descendants of migrants from much earlier times (Palaeolithic), spreading the clades of the macrohaplogroup M throughout Eurasia and founding regional Mesopotamian groups like that of Terqa, or they are from merchants moving along trade routes passing near or through the region

There are no traces in the modern Syrian population (of theses), which is explainable as the dental study showed, by later depopulation and recolonisation, but opens up the possibilities of further work to examine the routes of both populations and civilisations.

edit on 27/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

i suppose it makes sense, the silk road would make a really good route to get to europe. it could have been both, maybe camp followers and soldiers left their dna?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hanslune
Excellent contributions Sinter Klass and Pumpkinworks, whoa heavy reading. I'll have to read that over at least twice or more to understand what has been presented.

Hey there Hans,
Dr. Dziebel's blog is top shelf science, albeit a non traditional interpretation.
It usually takes me three times to digest it, to a point.
He makes a very good argument for a multi regional origin of modern humans.
The science of genetics has made great strides in the last several years, that combined with linguistics, comparative mythology and kinship studies is showing that the traditional view of "out of Africa " is somewhat lacking.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

punkinworks10

Hanslune

Hey there Hans,
Dr. Dziebel's blog is top shelf science, albeit a non traditional interpretation.
It usually takes me three times to digest it, to a point.
He makes a very good argument for a multi regional origin of modern humans.
The science of genetics has made great strides in the last several years, that combined with linguistics, comparative mythology and kinship studies is showing that the traditional view of "out of Africa " is somewhat lacking.

Howdy Punkinworks

Are you saying you believe the evidence shows that early man came out of Africa, disbursed, then evolved into 'cousins' of man that later mated with a later wave of hominins out of Africa that leaves us with what we have today or something else? This seems to be the #2 theory, multiregional origin of modern humans. Is that or are you referring to a variant?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

demongoat

i suppose it makes sense, the silk road would make a really good route to get to europe. it could have been both, maybe camp followers and soldiers left their dna?

This would have been thousands of years before the silk road came into existence. I think they believe that groups wandered around driven by climate, food changes and perhaps conflict and it is these that cause the results to show up in the way the report states.

Which is not what people expected.
edit on 2/10/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I would have never guessed humans in bordering countries were closely related!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
I would have never guessed humans in bordering countries were closely related!!

Lol

It always helps to read the link first then comment, this study is about a time before 'countries'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join